Weekly Affiliate Review
    I was thinking about starting a blog to write reviews on affiliate programs. Would anyone be interested in contributing their knowledge on programs they currently participate in, or have participated in?

http and a telephoto
    It's unlikely that other affiliates will contribute to a blog that reviews affiliate programs without compensation. Why would they give away their best programs and why would they give content to a competitor?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

well, if the blog begins to grow, it would benefit them. i would put their referral links in the blog, and not mine. it would help them grow their downline. if they have no interest in growing their downline, then i can see why they wouldn't want to contribute.

http and a telephoto
    "Downline" isn't an affiliate program term, it is an MLM term. If you are reviewing MLM programs, no one here is interested in the blog anyway. Wrong forum for that type of program. You may want to research what this forum is and what you are doing and make sure this is the right place for you to be.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

i guess we can use word play to say what is or isn't an affiliate program. lots of affiliate programs offer 2 tiers of commission. tier, downline, no difference except the wording. there are quite a few 2 tier programs in linkshare and cj. i personally don't see a difference except the wording... in england, french fries are chips. same thing.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You had mee to until you dropped the downline bomb! 2nd tier also has a different meaning. Try wickedfire or Digital Point's Clickbank forum if you want to speak to those players.

maybe i can clear some stuff up. the blog isn't just based on one aspect. it will be affiliate programs, mlm, home based business, traffic exchanges, etc. it will be reviews of websites that offer compensation in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    You had mee to until you dropped the downline bomb! 2nd tier also has a different meaning. Try wickedfire or Digital Point's Clickbank forum if you want to speak to those players.
    by the way, isn't the digital point owner getting sued by myspace?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by heatwavehits
    I was thinking about starting a blog to write reviews on affiliate programs. Would anyone be interested in contributing their knowledge on programs they currently participate in, or have participated in?
    It would be a waste of time. There's already a lot of that kind of stuff out there and most of it is garbage. And then somebody could start their own blog on the subject, why put it on yours?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Ebay: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=109651

But just ignore our advice because sooner or later someone is going to jump in here as we don't know what we are talkikng about.

Quote Originally Posted by heatwavehits
    i personally don't see a difference except the wording... in england, french fries are chips. same thing.
    There's a huge difference between a downline and a 2 tier affiliate program, so - if you are truly thinking about starting a blog dedicated to the subjects you mentioned - I would recommend reading some more so that you can understand the difference in order to write intelligently about the subject matter... for your blog.

You got a taste of the general attitude toward sites such as your MLM traffic exchange website here --> forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=109846 . You'll find that MLM speak elicits the same type of response in most any context at ABW.

X

Plus, there are already about umpteen "affiliate review program" sites around. Don't waste your time.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread