Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Anyone else get this SPAM? I'm scared to click. Afraid what's on the other end.

----------------------------

Could you please be so kind as to check your catalystemarketing.com listing, if you don't mind, at:
    top****sites.net/update.html?d=catalystemarketing.com

We can only list you if you click the update button by Tuesday (even if your listing is fine).

Your updated listing will also appear to the left of Yahoo, MSN, Google, Go, AOL, Netscape, Lycos, AltaVista, and Excite searches by AutoSearch users in Internet Explorer's Search window.

Thanks,

John Kennedy

----------------------

NOTE: URL and string changed somewhat in case it's some kind of driveby. I seem to remember something about a parasite connected with a name like AutoSearch.

A search on Google shows this:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...earch+parasite

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

Don't click it, I get a few per day from them.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Many of these BHO's pay to get uploaded to systems rather then recruit members or dupe users with FreeBees. Real sleazy operators use drive-by installs of Downloadware's backdoor trojan Adware?spyware installer brought to you by http://www.fordaleltd.com/

GI

Registrar: DOTSTER
    Domain Name: FORDALELTD.COM
    Created on: 02-NOV-01
    Expires on: 02-NOV-08
    Last Updated on: 02-NOV-01

Administrative Contact:
    Admin, DNS newreg@maildeliver.com
    Fordale Investment Limited
    P.O. Box 472
    Gibraltar, GI GI
    GI
    801-697-0937

DownloadWare is a process that runs on Windows startup. If a network connection is available it will connect to its servers, which can direct it to download and install software from advertisers..... http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/DownloadWare.html

It may be installed through an ActiveX control called ActiveInstall, which decodes and runs a built-in executable and then (tries to) remove itself. This executable can include DownloadWare and often a 'MediaCharger' dialler from Movie Networks, Movie Place, SwimSuitNetworks, Popcorn.net, MVPNetworks or Real-Tens [sic].

The parasite detection script on this site can only detect the ActiveInstall control. When DownloadWare is loaded and running, this site cannot detect it. If you have ActiveInstall, DownloadWare is probably not yet fully installed; see 'Partial removal' to deal with this case.

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, B.W.I.
    KY
    +345-946-5517
    Technical Contact:
    Domain, Administrator admin@nameadmininc.com
    Box 10518 A.P.O.
    Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, B.W.I.
    KY
    +345-946-5517

Bunch of off-shore drop box thieves probably living in Fla. with a small legal practice specializing in Topless dancer suits.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Linda, I get those all the time. They go straight into the junk mail folder. I think any response at all is an incentive for them to really start hammering you! You are smart to not click.

Andy

Oh yes, my dear old friend Paul Aunger of Topsites LLC and his assumed "dead president" identity.

I've been hunting them down and exposing them for months now - see this article. They're charging for what is basically a no-traffic ripoff of the ODP, and they're also trying to charge for a ripoff of AltaVista's Babelfish translation services.

I've had getting on for 10,000 visitors to that page, so I guess I must be hitting them in the pocket by now, however I reckon they still turn over at least $300,000 a year.

Oh yes, there's a really crappy browser parasite they use to generate "exposure" called eStart or BandObjects.

A complete and utter scam.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread