What to do with unlimitedsms.com - sell or build?
    I have UnlimitedSMS DOT com and I'm not sure what to do with this domain.

It's up for sale and I'd like to sell it but I'm not sure if I'll find any buyers, or what it's really worth (anyone got an idea what that domain name, no site, would be worth?)

If I don't end up selling it / can't find a buyer, does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of site to build on that domain? I'm strapped for time, but I suppose my biggest problem is an idea rather than my time...

p.s. anyone interested in the domain, feel free to message me.

[Edited to add: I just found the "Webmasters Barter / Trade / Buy or Sell" section. Perhaps this is more suited to that section? If so, could one of the mods please move it?]
    Last edited by Rogi; September 7th, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

I actually came across the domain the other day, thought what a great domain for affs to sell cellular plans. If you want to build it out you could set up a SMS bureau and sell the service to companies to mass message (not spam) like http://www.sendwordnow.com/ - terrible name. I really think SMS is an untapped medium and only has a great upside that hasn't even been touched, don't give up the name, work it to paraphrase Jason Calcanis says ... make millions, not thousands.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

IMO, you're asking too much for it. Judging by the keywords in it, this domain (as it is, without any website attached to it) isn't worth $4k. EstiBot.com that elbowcreek has mentioned elsewhere may give you an idea of what it's worth (at least approximately).

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi
    ...does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of site to build on that domain?
    Having said all of the above, people are searching the keyphrase - "unlimited sms" - and I'd develop it into a website that compares unlimited text messaging mobile plans by different providers (ideally, split by different countries).

Geno

Thanks for your input guys. Given the suggestions and the types of sites required to make this domain work for me and the time I don't have but need to set that up, I've decided to let it go - I suppose any price will do.

I think I'm going to let go of a few domains/websites and start focusing on my 'real' ones.

My next one is a website, which I have had for a while but I haven't paid much attention to at all, it's pretty much a datafeed site with nothing unique at all and it's not really an earner (barely a couple hundred per month) but the domain is worthwhile, I think. The website (Australian domain, so I'd be selling the whole business with website and domain included) is:
    smartbargains [dot] com [dot] au

How accurate would you say EstiBot.com is?
    I would have thought that both these domains would fetch for considerably more than what Estibot estimates... ah well.

Any takers on any of those two domains?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi
    How accurate would you say EstiBot.com is?
    I would have thought that both these domains would fetch for considerably more than what Estibot estimates... ah well.
    Re "how accurate" it is: I think it is normally pretty good, but it doesn't some important things into consideration, and you do want to remember this. For example, SE rankings seem to be completely ignored in the valuation, and no wonder why (how can it know what keyphrases one would want to use a domain for?) Another thing to mention is that it has no way of knowing how much revenue your website is already making (it may have a ton traffic, but not monetizing it; or small but very targeted and well-monetized traffic)...

If you want a good evaluation (fairly inexpensive too), I'd recommend the Afternic's service. I'm sure there are other good options too (like Sedo, GoDaddy, etc), but I've only used Afternic in the past.

Geno

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread