Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Tier Day - Wednesday, Sept. 10th
    That's just a couple of days away, where we'll find out what tier we're in. I think most of us have been signed up for awhile so the current system is good for September and October as well but this will give some sort of clue of where we'll be at after that.

Later I will post some info, like EPC, ACRU's per 100 clicks, sales per 100 clicks and maybe we can compare notes afterwards.

Trust we are already assigned. You can check under programs and see.

A couple of my friends indicated they have already gotten the e-mail days ago from EPN about their ACRU values, and one at least has reported their first month ACRUs are set to $1.00, with a vague promise it could go up the following months.

Here is the e-mail forward they sent me:

We’d like to extend an additional welcome to the eBay Partner Network US program and thank you for your efforts over the previous month to drive traffic to eBay US.

As a user who registered after August 1st 2008, you have been placed in Value Based Pricing compensation for the month of August. Please see last month’s blog post for more information about Value Based Pricing (http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.co...ay-us-program/)

The monthly process to determine your payout tier for August ACRUs in the US program has been completed. As a part of this process, we have analyzed your traffic for the past month to determine your payment tier. This payment tier is in large part based on the amount of revenue that your users bring to eBay, plus other factors that help us determine the expected lifetime value of customers to eBay.

Starting on September 6th 2008, you will be able to view your payment tier for your previous month’s ACRUs. To find your pricing tier for August, log into your account and click on the programs tab. Your specific payment tier for previous months’ ACRUs will be displayed under the “payment structure” link for the US program. In the months to come, if your tier changes, you will be able to view past payment tiers by clicking “previous” on this screen.

As our system needs a few weeks to calculate an initial tier, you may notice lower commissions in your first month in the program. Your commission tier may increase in the second month as we collect additional data on your traffic.

In addition to your payment tier information for overall traffic, a quality report at the campaign level will be available on September 10th. You can use this report to optimize the quality of your traffic. A few tips to increase traffic:

• First, focus on trying to drive sales on eBay and not just the registration of new users. We have found in particular that sites that incentivize registration by offering a cash or reward just for registering on eBay generate particularly low performing new active registered users.

• Second, create ways to keep driving your users back to eBay for additional purchases. Some affiliates do this by creating fresh content that users keep coming back to around which they show new interesting eBay items. Others find ways to create a loyal group of users that keep coming back to find the latest deals on eBay.

• Third, use the reports that will be available on September 10th to track which websites or placements are performing the best for new user registrations (you will be able to track quality score by campaign ID, so create various campaign IDs to see how your ACRUs are performing by campaign). Spend more time optimizing the best sites and drop links to eBay user registration from low quality sites.

We are confident that the value based pricing model will raise the quality of traffic generated from eBay Partner Network and allow us to pay our best affiliates the highest amounts for this traffic. We appreciate your continued commitment to driving quality traffic to our partners.

Regards,
    eBay Partner Network
    Sure enough when they went to their tier (programs) it shows $1.00. I haven't heard from the others what their tier is or worth. I am thinking that EPN is going to do this for all new affiliates.

I don't think we will see a change in our tiers until after November.

ABW Ambassador
    But that's for new users "As a user who registered after August 1st 2008,"

I'm talking about for everybody is supposed to show new numbers on the 10th. Mine looks exactly the same. Is yours?

In the other thread when we were talking about it the date was supposed to be Sept 10th and also : "This number gets updated on the 9th of each month"

And I'm talking about users, most of us, that signed up before Aug 1.

I think what I'm seeing is the same because that's what it is for Sept and October as well but they were also supposed to give us a number to give some sort of clue as to what it will be starting on Nov. 1.

Post #19 - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...highlight=tier

The way I read it.

Trying to find more info -

"If you joined before August 1st, you will continue to only see the same volume-based tiers for now. In September we will release a new separate report that will allow all publishers to break down, by campaign, the quality of the ACRUs you are driving to eBay. We will send more details about this report in a few weeks."

So according to that, I'm still seeing the same volume based tiers in my account but they're supposed to release a new separate report, that's what I'm waiting for, that new report.

According to their blog yesterday, it actually comes out on the 10th, not the 9th:

"In addition, we announced on August 1st that we are moving to Value Based Pricing for ACRUs for the US program. The September 10th release will include a new report: the “Campaign Quality Report”, which will give an indication of the quality of your new active confirmed registered users (ACRUs) all the way down to a campaign level. Although publishers that joined the US program prior to Aug 1st will not be placed on ACRU-based tiers until Nov 1st, this report will allow you to begin to see what tier you would have been in for August. The report will update every 2 weeks."
    Last edited by Trust; September 7th, 2008 at 04:30 PM.

The original release stated that those who signed up before August 1st, 2008 would remain on the same tier system as before until November 1st, 2008. I don't think they will release any changes to our tier level until November. We have that long to stay on the same system.

ABW Ambassador
    You might have been typing that before I added the last paragraph in my last post:

"In addition, we announced on August 1st that we are moving to Value Based Pricing for ACRUs for the US program. The September 10th release will include a new report: the “Campaign Quality Report”, which will give an indication of the quality of your new active confirmed registered users (ACRUs) all the way down to a campaign level. Although publishers that joined the US program prior to Aug 1st will not be placed on ACRU-based tiers until Nov 1st, this report will allow you to begin to see what tier you would have been in for August. The report will update every 2 weeks."

Since we're long time users, we'll stay in the current tier system for September and October and move to the new one on Nov. 1. But on Sept 10th, they will have a new report and tell us the tiers so we have some sort of clue of where we'll be at in Nov. That report comes out on the 10th.

That will be interesting to see. I guess we wait until the 10th.

ABW Ambassador
    Nothing yet. I guess later in the day when they usually update the reports will they bring in all the new reports, plus this one.

So the 10th has been and gone. Still no updates. Anyone else seeing anything?

ABW Ambassador
    I see some differences for example if I hit Reports and under Report Filters - Report Type I see By Campaign Quality. But I have no idea how to actually get what I'm wanting to see.

It says "To use the report, log in click on the reporting tab and select reporting “by campaign quality.”

But I'm not getting any data yet. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's not available yet.

Damn, for some reason I thought it could be anywhere between $1 and $50, meaning, 50 different possibilities but it's:

Very Low $1.00
    Low $10.00
    Medium $28.00
    High $40.00
    Very High $50.00

And this is messed up as well if I'm reading it right:

"To see your specific ACRU pricing tier, you can log in and click on the payment information link under the programs tab for the US program. We will calculate the correct tier for payment at the end of each month for the previous month's traffic and display it by the 9th of the next month. This tier will be used to calculate payment for that previous month."

So for example, you don't know what you're being paid per ACRU for all the traffic in August until Sept. 9th. So maybe one month you're at $28 and do some PPC based on that and then find out you get dropped into the next lower tier at $10. And you find out afterwards.
    Last edited by Trust; September 11th, 2008 at 07:30 AM.

I'm seeing it now. Doesn't look like they have any data though, no matter what period I select.

Minimum required ACRUs is 5 per period (according to help files). I get well over 200 ACRUs a month so there should be SOMETHING there.

I expect we'll see a blog post later today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust

And this is messed up as well if I'm reading it right:

"To see your specific ACRU pricing tier, you can log in and click on the payment information link under the programs tab for the US program. We will calculate the correct tier for payment at the end of each month for the previous month's traffic and display it by the 9th of the next month. This tier will be used to calculate payment for that previous month."

So for example, you don't know what you're being paid per ACRU for all the traffic in August until Sept. 9th. So maybe one month you're at $28 and do some PPC based on that and then find out you get dropped into the next lower tier at $10. And you find out afterwards.
    That is what I have been saying all along. The new ACRU system is completely screwed up. You don't know what you are making until up to a MONTH after you have made it. I made several posts to this regard when they first released the details of the new "value pricing".

So there is a LEGIT reason to not promote things. If you are doing ppc to your site, and say you get a decent amount of ACRUs per month, then you might spend $500 to get $50. Since you have absolutely NO control over what the person does in the future.

In addition I want to know how ebay can determine the quality of a lead in less than a month? Let's say you get a person that signs up now, and buys something fairly inexpensive (it's their first buy on ebay so they are wary). Then 3 months later they buy a whole bunch of things. That person turned out to be a high quality lead. Few people just jump right into ebay and start buying up a storm, plus ebay itself has LIMITS to what a new account can buy on ebay.

In the meantime you get $1.00 for that lead, but it ends up generating ebay thousands of dollars. This is where this system is completely messed up.

Either do away with ACRUs, or price them at solid known-in-advance tier levels.

ABW Ambassador
    I have some info showing up now but don't understand it:

Every single of one my ACRUS came from the editor kit, so I see:

Campaign ACRU % of traffic Quality Score
    Total XX 100% Medium
    Editor Kit XX 100% High

Good news is it's either
    Medium $28.00
    High $40.00

Don't understand why I have 2 different quality scores.

What a day...

I just checked, the Campaign Quality ACRU report is showing data now. Tips for running the report, from the EPN forum:
    ----------------------------------------
    Report Type: By Campaign Quality
    Period: try latest
    Choose your program:
    Actions: ACRU (the only one that brings something up for me so far.)
    then run report
    ----------------------------------------

Campaign Level ACRU Quality Score is "Low" ($10 ACRU), but the "Total" Quality Score is "Medium" ($28 ACRU). Note there is a little blurb below the report:

"Please note that campaign-level data is estimated and may not match the payout tier for your overall account. Your account-level tier is calculated using historical and other account-level factors not applied to campaign level data."

So I'm hoping for the 28 dollar tier. The items I promote are not high priced, I wonder if you can hit a higher ACRU tier by promoting higher priced items?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I have some info showing up now but don't understand it:

Every single of one my ACRUS came from the editor kit, so I see:

Total XX 100% Medium
    Editor Kit XX 100% High

Good news is it's either
    Medium $28.00
    High $40.00

Maybe the default is medium, so since you don't have any acru's from any non-editor kit source you get the default. Your acru's from editor kit get high quality rating thus the higher rate.

Should you start getting acru's through other sources they will judge those based on their individual quality.

The different source tiers could be aimed to target those that are trying to game the system.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I see the same thing. I'm guessing that the "bold Total" is your account level ACRU score. I have hit the 28 dollar payout level last month and this month, so I'm hoping it is the true score and not simply a reflection of our current payout. Although, you should wish for the exact opposite, kindof sucks that you have a 40 dollar ACRU but 28 dollar account level score. I wonder what would cause that...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    "So I'm hoping for the 28 dollar tier. The items I promote are not high priced, I wonder if you can hit a higher ACRU tier by promoting higher priced items?"

I don't think so. Most of what I promote is all under $50, niche type stuff. I was actually starting to move on to higher priced stuff for bigger sales. We should all do the:

EPC
    ACRUS per Click
    Sales per Click
    anything else?
    And then what tier we're in.

Not sure if doing that would help figuring out the tier thing or not.

"Mayeb the default is medium, so since you don't have any acru's from any non-editor kit source you get the default. Your acru's from editor kit get high quality rating thus the higher rate. "

I will email them to ask. 95%, right now, is thru Editor Kits and PPC, so medium or high is great for me. $40 would be awesome and $28 is what I'm getting now. But I won't be happy if it somehow goes from a $28-$40 and drops down to a $10.

But right now my tiers are looking good.

"Although, you should wish for the exact opposite, kindof sucks that you have a 40 dollar ACRU but 28 dollar account level score."

Will email them, I'm thinking I should get the $40 since every one of my ACRUS is thru one campaign (many different pages, different page ids), which I have named Editor Kit which 95% of my traffic comes thru.

ABW Ambassador
    For August my EPC was -

$14
    1 ACRU for every 384 clicks (30+) ACRUS
    1 Sale for every 16 clicks

And that got me:

Total XX 100% Medium
    Editor Kit XX 100% High

Good news is it's either
    Medium $28.00
    High $40.00

So medium or high, not sure yet. Not sure if those stats help if figuring out the system and I guess those ratios are good, the sales per click, acrus per click?

eBay EPC = $31.07
    #ACRU / #Click = .005
    #Sales / #Click = .08

Campaign Level ACRU Quality = Low
    Total Number of ACRU's in the XXX range

I'm really bummed that my campaign level ACRU quality would be "Low", given my EPC. I did send a very large amount of traffic for part of last month that didn't convert very well. I actually stopped that traffic source because of the quality score, even though it was legitimate.

That's what's messed up about the new quality score. I stopped sending them valid traffic because I was afraid that it might screw up my ACRU score. ACRU's were about 47% of my eBay revenue last month.

I think there must be another factor in play that we aren't measuring. Most likely the number and amount of purchases made by the ACRUs. I would guess that my ACRU's are on the "cheap" side of the consumer spectrum with little buying power.

[edit]
    I just realized that I can actually track how many purchases were made by my ACRU's. I will write a little program and post the results.

Ok, that was interesting. I'm able to track individual consumers to some extent because I use a tracking cookie and pass that cookie value up to eBay as a "Custom Id'. So, assuming my ACRU's shop from the same computer and don't kill their cookies, here are my stats:

Average # Sales per ACRU = 0.424528301886792
    Average eBay Revenue per ACRU = 1.58353773584906

So fewer than 50% of my ACRU's won an auction and they bought items who's total eBay fees amounted to roughly $1.58.

I know what I would do... I would stop promoting auctions on my site and stick with "buy it now" items.

Medium across the board. I don't trust the system just yet. I am not sure if it will change or not.

As it stands right now the two sites we have that get lots of ACRUs I am just going to leave running until november and then perhaps retool them altogether at that point. Either that or shut off any paid marketing and just let natural takeover.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, with medium across the board if it goes low, that's a big dropoff from $28 down to $10. If you're doing a lot of PPC and ACRUS play a big part of that, it's something to consider.

I feel better knowing that what is driving 95% of my traffic to ebay is high tier and $40. So I'm figuring if I keep doing what I'm doing, I shouldn't expect that to drop from High, bypass Medium into Low. I'm good with Medium and $28, if I get actually get $40 a pop, I'll be very happy. I emailed them and hopefully they can explain exactly how that works. I actually stopped starting new PPC once I first heard about it but now I'm going to start again.

Looking at my stats, I figure 1 sale for every 16 clicks, a little over 6% of my clicks are actually completing sales and I don't see that stat changing much at all, so feel good about that. So probably have a good mix of getting them new customers and regular.

Also the new Google changes coming up should help me out as well, getting rid of the inactive keywords and making them all live again like old school Google.

I don't have the foggiest idea how to interpret my results. My revenue is almost entirely commissions, not ACRUs. For the reporting period in question I had a total of 8 ACRUs, spread across 4 campaigns. All the campaign-specific quality tiers are "Not enough data", yet the overall. quality is "Very Low". If there isn't enough data to determine campaign-specific quality, how is that then aggregated into an overall quality level?

Or, as is speculated in a over at the eBay board, if you don't meet a certain minimum number of ACRUs per month, you're automatically classified as "Very Low" so eBay only has to pay you a buck per ACRU?

The implication from this is that eBay wants ACRUs, not "engaged" repeat-buyers, which is the reverse of what they have claimed thus far.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

ABW Ambassador
    "Or, as is speculated in a over at the eBay board, if you don't meet a certain minimum number of ACRUs per month, you're automatically classified as "Very Low" so eBay only has to pay you a buck per ACRU?"

Just went over to read some of those threads, I'm not sure that is it based on some comments:

"For example, last period, I had over 280 ACRUs, all spread out over 200 campaigns. All quality scores are VERY LOW or not enough data except at the top where it says total is medium."

"I got Very Low for my 25 ACRU's."

So they both got Very Low, one had 25 ACRU's, the other over 280 ACRU's. And it seems most people are confused just like me on some of those reports, where I have high for every single one of my ACRU's but an overall Medium, which doesn't make any sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast