http and a telephoto
    NASCAR Second Season - The Chase Begins
    We have football starting, baseball winding up and NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing is now ready for the second part of their season - The Chase to the Championship. This is my first season paying attention to the Championship racing, I started being a fan last November, when the "regular" season was already over and didn't really know what I was watching.

This season I will be watching and learning.

Who's your favorite driver? I haven't settled on just one yet I like Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards and sometimes I like Tony Stewart. Some races Tony is good some races he's a jerk. One driver I know I *don't* like is Kyle Busch, he's too egotistic for my taste and he likes to drive dirty.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

That was a good race between Tony and Jimmie today. I am, always have been, and always will be a Tony Stewart fan. One of the best racers who ever lived, and not just in NASCAR. I hope he drives his tail off this fall in pursuit of his third NASCAR championship.

-sfcom

http and a telephoto
    Tony was a *little* miffed. He refused to be interviewed. Did you see him throwing things inside the car at the end of the race? Not sure who/what he was so mad at, Jimmie didn't do anything, Tony just couldn't catch him.
    Deborah Carney

Yeah. I didn't see the post race stuff. I had switched over to NFL. But, he is just not used to having such a long time between wins. I don't condone throwing temper tantrums like that, but I also can't say that if I were a professional racer myself - with so much riding on a 3 hour event each week, that I might not have a meltdown or two each season.

We are a divided NASCAR house though. My wife is a Dale Jr. fan. My girl is a Harvick fan (or the ketchup and mustard car, as she likes to call it due to the paint scheme.) My son has yet to choose. He is just a "McQueen" fan (from the movie Cars.) He also loves Mater, the King, and Chick Hicks. lol.

"Speed. I am speed."

-sfcom

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Tony was a *little* miffed. He refused to be interviewed. Did you see him throwing things inside the car at the end of the race? Not sure who/what he was so mad at, Jimmie didn't do anything, Tony just couldn't catch him.
    Hes always a little miffed about something.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner
    Hes always a little miffed about something.
    lol, yeah. He actually seemed mellower this year. In a later show I heard the in car audio at the end of the race:

"Great Job guys, we let another one get away".

He was mad at his pit crew because the car wasn't fast enough to get by Jimmie. Oh well.... on to the chase!
    Deborah Carney

Thumbs up Go Greg!
    That's one for our home boy, Greg Biffle, at New Hampshire! Puts him in third...

X

http and a telephoto
    Carl and Jimmie tied for first, Kyle dropped like a rock. I would have liked to see Jimmie get the win, but Biffle worked for it. I was waiting for guys to start running out of gas, or for the rain to come back.

Good clean fun to watch race

9 to go!
    Deborah Carney

Kansas last lap excitement!
    I missed a lot of the race but that last lap was plenty of excitement. Couldn't believe the way Edwards shot around Johnson! He "planned on hitting the wall on that pass, bouncing off like a video game to take the win, but didn't expect to lose that much speed". And my fav, Biffle, pulled off a last lap pass to take third. WaHoo!

X

Ed I think Carl Edwards was pulling our leg on that one. He tried to drive down inside and when he hit the apron he lost control and shot up the track.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Looked that way huh? Maybe he was just covering. He sure wanted that win bad though...

X

http and a telephoto
    It was Carl's "home turf" and he wanted to win badly. I think it's cool that the top 3 finished in the exact order that they are in the chase! Carl and Jimmie are both gentlemen racers Either can win and I will be happy. I'd like to see Jimmie repeat.

Can't say I'm not thrilled that Kyle dropped to the bottom of the pile.

Jeff Gordon drove well for someone that was sicker than a dog!
    Deborah Carney

Jeff Gordon drove well for someone that was sicker than a dog!
    Ya. I can't imagine how but he thinks he drives better when he's sick...

X

Nascar is nice to watch, Today I got to ride with the pros at Portland International raceway, Did 2 laps and then I got to experience drifting!
    Got Great Pictures!

Cool! What kind of car?
    We used to go to the CART (Indy Car) races every year on father's day at PIR. There's nothing like experiencing first hand the power of those cars...

X

Well, Talladega lived up to it's rep for big wrecks. The first took out nine. Then with fourteen laps left Carl Edwards perpetuated his video game tactics by bump drafting Biffle on the corner, taking himself, Biffle, and nine others out in "the big one 2".

And by the sounds of pre-race interviews, Edwards WAS serious when he said last week that he planned bouncing off the wall trying for the win.
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; October 5th, 2008 at 10:11 PM.

X

http and a telephoto
    I was at Affiliate Summit and missed the race. At the SAS party I was trying to find out who won, nascar.com wouldn't come up on my blackberry and after about 20 mins I did a search on twitter and found the press release. Wow. What a race to miss! Good videos and coverage and I think I can get the race on replay on the Speed channel sometime this week.

Way to shake up the chase!
    Deborah Carney

Did you see the race today Debbie? Wow! Congrats to Jimmy Johnson and the team. What a feat!
    Greg got third... oh well. Maybe next year.

X

http and a telephoto
    Awesome race! Carl conserved fuel and coasted to the win, lol. Jimmy finished 15th but that was just fine, he needed to just finish 36th or better to be the champ. And his crew chief is the first to win 3 championships in a row. Kudos to Chad and the pit crew, they kept Jimmy running. Anyone notice there were no big wrecks? There were cautions, but only for blown tires and stuff, no pile ups this week.
    Deborah Carney

Anyone notice there were no big wrecks? There were cautions, but only for blown tires and stuff, no pile ups this week.
    Yep. And what struck me as interesting was that there was some extremely serious racing going on, yet I believe everyone knew the consequences of any mistakes could be devastating. So I think drivers were more attentive than usual to the moves they made.

X

I am glad Jimmie won but I would have preferred to see some awesome wreckage myself.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Redneck
    City folk can enjoy car racing too.... I still don't like country music.... except that really hot guy.... Trace something or other

Don't listen to falcon when he says I am addicted and can't wait to go to another race. And we don't have races listed on the whiteboard in the office.... honest!
    Deborah Carney

I was a little disappointed in todays race. I am a Kenseth fan and I thought he might finally when a race this year with 5 laps to go. Dang fuel. Oh well, Jimmie and Carl both had a good year. And it is always good to see Biffle have a decent year as he is the hometown driver!
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread