Questions/Advice about videos on Shareasale
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I recently added a couple of videos on shareasale, I am not sure how effective this will be or if I should spend a lot of time on these. I have a few question listed below:

1. What is the best size? (228x218, 331x316 or 445x425)
    2. They offer “cue points” which at a certain point in the video a sections slides out (reminds me of an annoying pop-out) is this a good thing or just annoying like I am thinking?
    3. How long is to long? We have some fairly good videos of our authors talking about their books but how long do people really want to stick around?

I would really like to see what others think about these and possibly some suggestions or any thoughts you all might have.

Thanks so much,
    Last edited by loxly; September 8th, 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: removed manual sig. You'll get to add one after you've been here and participated.

http and a telephoto
    Hi Terry!

I moved your post from the Midnight Cafe (for general affiliate discussions) to the Shareasale forum since it is about a specific Shareasale service.

I also removed the signature you manually added, you get signature and PM privileges after 250 posts.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The only thing that I can really give feedback on is the cue points. My members have reported that they really like them. Although the linking functionality is important, I think that the additional information is even better. I like to use it to show additional designs for items that I am demonstrating. Or give a little bit of text description like what sizes something comes in.

I'm finding myself adding more and more of my new videos to SAS for the sole purpose of being able to use the cue points.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    SAS should rename the "cue points" to something catchy and trademark it.

Contest?

my entries:
    money shot
    clickalicious
    videodunk
    see-n-click

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Personally, I think when you start getting over 2 min or so, you start to lose your audience. Your subject would have to be extremely interesting in order to hold attention longer then that. That doesn't seem like a long time, but you really can show and say alot in 2 minutes.

Sunshiner,

I agree now if I can just get our long winded authors to stop in 2 minutes it would be great. Thanks for your input.

Donuts,

I think you should win the contest with "Clickalicious"

Thanks all for your posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner
    Personally, I think when you start getting over 2 min or so, you start to lose your audience. Your subject would have to be extremely interesting in order to hold attention longer then that. That doesn't seem like a long time, but you really can show and say alot in 2 minutes.
    I don't know. I did one today for MySpiceSage that was showing how to use the spice in a recipe and it would have pretty much been impossible to hit the merchant, the recipe, and our website in less than 4 minutes. So I think it depends on the intent of the video. A "how to" video is almost always going to be longer than a simple product review.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Ya, I've never seen you cook so fast as you did in that video. LOL But, it kept interest because people wanted to see the end result, without that, talking about spices for more then 2 minutes would have been totally boring.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread