Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    Merchant Commission Structure?
    I'm having a problem trying to figure out the best way to integrate a flat dollar amount for a free trial offer and have default commission % on all other products. I have removed my other products from my affiliate program for now because I am giving a $20 commission per sale of my free trial offer, and the only way I could figure out how to set it up, was to have my default commission set at a flat rate of $20, since the product value is $0.00.

I called SaS and they said it would have to be hard coded on my end, but didn't have specifics. I asked them what do I do, send a value of $200 to SaS when a free trial is sold so that it takes 10% of the $200 and gives the $20 commission. Or is there a variable for bonus commission that can be passed.

I need to have this figured out, so that I can activate the rest of my products again to offer coupons and deals for the coupon affiliate sites.

Thanks,

Chris

http and a telephoto
    Once they know you are ready, you would talk to their tech folks about what you actually need to code to make it work. I would give them a call and/or submit a support ticket via email to let them know you need to get this working.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I would give them a call and/or submit a support ticket via email to let them know you need to get this working.
    I already spoke with them, and they didn't really have an answer. They said they would call or email me back when they got an answer.

http and a telephoto
    OK, then I am not sure what you are asking here If someone has figured out a different way to do it? Seems like a straight up tech issue that Shareasale and you need to work out.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Yeah I was just trying to see if someone knew how to set up a flat commission for a certain product without having to wait for technical support. The main tech is out of the office and they sent him an email to try and get an answer. Could be 24 to 48 hours.

Just want to get it set up so I can activate all my products and add coupons and deals for my affiliates, which I can't do right now because my default per order is set to $20. Which is what I can only offer for the free trial orders.

Chris

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread