Need Help with SEO
    Hello out there, this is my first post. This site is an amazing source of info, thanks to all that participate.

I run a new shopping site and I get 100% of my traffic from PPC. This is not a good thing!

I need some help with SEO and I am looking for some freelance help in getting my site higher on the search engines.

I am looking for an arrangement where I pay for each click that you get for me on the search engines. This will be easy to figure out, since right now I get 0.

Please drop me an email at keiths@shoppingdudes if you are interested.

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Try adding some content to your site.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Your Click Here for coupon codes that don't exist is completely unethical. You are fraudently making a promise you do not keep.

The basic design of your site does not lend itself to SEO. There has to be some uniqueness and some content to draw the search engines to. You can't just throw a database out there and expect any SE to give you a second look.

Still bothered by the Click Here when you are not delivering an actual coupon code.

How would you like it if someone enticed you with a promise only to find out they really never had what you requested? Honestly.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I honestly have no idea what you are referring to. If there is a coupon code, I list the code. If there is no code, I have a "click here" which either activates the code or sends the customer to a page where they can shop for the specific deal.

Example can be found here: http://www.shoppingdudes.com/persona...ategories=1496

My site is more ethical than those that make you click a link to actually see the codes. It is not at all my intention to generate clicks with no payback.

I know that my site needs work...that's why I am looking for someone to help. If anyone actually wants to make some money and help me get more clicks, please let me know. If not, I'm sure that there are other forums on this site where you can review lots of people's web sites.

Thanks!

http and a telephoto
    If there is no deal, then there should be nothing to activate. That is not only confusing, it is against a lot of merchants Terms of Service. If the customer clicks expecting to see a coupon, and there is just a redirect to the merchant with your affiliate code, that is not allowed by many merchants and is one of the reasons that merchants are cutting back on allowing coupons sites in their programs at all.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoppingDudes
    If there is no code, I have a "click here" which either activates the code or sends the customer to a page where they can shop for the specific deal.
    Click Here is under the heading Coupon Code, isn't it? Would that lead you to believe if you clicked there you would get a coupon code? But when they click they are simply redirected to a merchant via your affiliate link.

That, my friend, is misleading in the least. If you have no coupon code why not say NO COUPON CODE? Because they won't click?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

lol, so true

SEO freelance help
    HI

friend
    I need some help with SEO and I am looking for some freelance help in getting my site higher on the search engines.
    Last edited by Dynamoo; March 27th, 2009 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Not by spamming ABW though. Next time you are banned.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Seo
    SEO = content + content + content.

Did I mention content?

Now, once you have that content .......

Page Description - Describe each page to match the content.

VERY IMPORTANT - Name each page accordingly - i.e. - a page about widgets would have a www.xxx/widgets.whatever.

A page about green widgets should be search engine friendly if you named it www.xxx/green_widgets.

If a search engine friendly term is bright green widgets, name a page xxx/bright_green_widgets.xxx

etc.

Description should match the page content. You sell each page to the searcher here, but only have about 100 characters to explain it.

Metas - same - just shorter and to the point. Widgets, bright green widgets, etc, ....

Take the time to let the search engines know you are alive.

I use an auto-system, but started out by going to all of the majors and in-putting hundreds of pages manually.

I now have over 2500 pages and need an auto-system which I still index every quarter. ( for over 13 years now )

It's very important to keep an eye on your pages. If the search engines don't pick you up, try duplicating the page with some changes in the content and re-naming it.

Very slow process now-a-days.

Content is King - I add at least 25 pages of content for each product I have, each page being unique, content wise, but search engine friendly for terms I am shooting for.

Some stick, MANY don't or are so popular, that there are 100's of more relevant sites ahead of you.

I ramble!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pooja87
    HI

friend
    Beside writing quality content, and unique content whenever possible, it is absolutely necessary to include targeted keywords not just in the meta tags, but also incorporated within the content. Targeted keywords mean keywords that relate to what your page is talking about.

OK, but you don't want to use just any old keyword that millions of other marketers use, this is why buying a good keyword tool is an investment. Using a free keyword tool just won't give you the type of data that you need to rank within the first 3 pages of google unless you get lucky. Yes, you could find good long tail keywords manually, but who wants to waste that much time.

Ultimately what you want is to find exact match phrases (long tail keywords) that enough people search for, an average of at least 250 searches per month, and that have that phrase indexes in less than 10,000 pages, the lower the better. With this in mind, you will have a much better change of ranking higher than just blindly entering keywords.

And that is just the beginning - what you need to do is learn how to use keywords effectively and you need a good keyword tool which I cannot recommend because I do not want to be accused of spamming.

Besides content and targeted keywords, make sure each page on your site has a good catchy title which keyword rich. Also, when including a meta description, take the time to write an interesting descripttion relevant to your site in 160 characters or less because that's all the visitors will see when they look at your site on the search results pages.

If you want to see what Google expects from web sites in order to rank them at the top of search pages, you can read the
    Google Webmaster Guidelines, straight from the horse's mouth.

If you want someone to do it for you, Elance is a place where you can get someone to help you for cheap. I am in no way affiliated with Elance, it's just a place that I hear about where no matter what type of help you need, web site design, programming, writing articles, etc.., freelancers will do it for you cheaply.

http and a telephoto
    freelancers will do it for you cheaply.
    How about if we rephrase that to "freelancers will do it for you at the price you are willing to pay." Elance is to hook up freelancers with people that need work done, and not necessarily "on the cheap". There are very talented freelancers there, and some are cheap (you get what you pay for) and some are not. The site is more about finding someone that can do what you need, and not necessarily about finding someone "cheap".
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for rephrasing that for me - nothing is for free but good help is easily affordable at Elance.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread