Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "ShareASale will be closed for the day of September 11, 2007"
    2007?? I'm so confused!

Anyway, it's nice that they're doing this.
    We will never forget!

very commendable

I can't help but think that this is just plain silly. Isn't disruption of American commerce exactly what the terrorists were hoping to achieve?

Please educate me..

it's not really a big disruption of commerce, from what I understood online business will go on pretty much as usual, they just won't have any employees there to assist unless it's urgent

If they were taking the day off to go do some charity work or something of that nature, I think it's a great idea. But to just take the day off is really not a good way to honor people that gave their lives that day..

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Code Monkey
    If they were taking the day off to go do some charity work or something of that nature, I think it's a great idea. But to just take the day off is really not a good way to honor people that gave their lives that day..
    Being a little judgemental, aren't you???
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

The fact is that ShareASale isn't functioning properly right now because of this "Day Off", and that is totally unacceptable. I just changed my password and now I'm locked out of SAS and the "forgot password" link brings up the 9/11 splash screen.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

http and a telephoto
    7 years ago a lot of people were "locked out" and couldn't conduct business properly. Some of them never conducted business again. Perhaps this inconvenience is a good reminder of what life *can* be like.

Kudos to Shareasale for continuing this tradition as they have the past 7 years.

God forbid that someone should take the high road and show respect to those that lost their lives, should get in the way of people doing something more important like checking stats, getting links or some other task.

I'm disgusted
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Actually, you guys are missing the point... I'm hardening up my accounts after being hacked by someone who has attempted to steal a very large sum of money from my online accounts.

Hmmm... I wonder where that stolen money goes...

You get it???? Get a clue. The only true way to honor the dead is to keep on fighting.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I am sorry for the attacks against your online accounts but a company or people taking a moment of silence is only appropriate and decent. No one should be castigated for doing so, much less publicly. A simple email to SAS would, I'm sure, rectify any login issue.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Code Monkey
    I'm with you. 20 years pass, and any non-winter day off, no matter what the original reason for it was, becomes a National Barbecuing Holiday.

I don't think that's what Brian is after at all, but think of Memorial Day...very, very few actually do any memorializing on that day, but a lot use it to celebrate the start of summer. And, to expect a day off to remain a somber event for employees is to ignore 200+ years of history. Days off ALWAYS = good, and the natural reaction is always "YES! I'm outta here!"

This natural human reaction can be stifled for a while, but eventually (I'm guessing for 20 years) any day off becomes a barbecue day. So, I think some other, non-day-off way to remember Sept. 11, 2001 is definitely in order.

One company closing won't bring on the effect, but if the whole nation did it, that's when I'd expect the results I stated above.

Nicely put, Debbie and Haiko. The 9/11 tragedy impacted my family both directly and indirectly. So around here we are pleased to see people who take time to honor the day and especially the victims of the 9/11 attack - much as we, in the United States, honor people who fought in "older" wars with the Memorial Day observance in May. I am in full support of ShareASale in this day of "observance."

I just got back from a trip to College Park, near Washington DC. On three of the highway overpasses there were firefighters waving flags and saluting drivers (me included) as they passed below. It was a touching scene indeed.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

In my book, Shareasale, Brian and crew, just earned another 100 respect points from me.
    The families of victims from that morning would give anything to spend one morning with their loved ones, we encourage you to go out and live today to the fullest that you can.
    Very well said. I think it's a perfect way to honor those who suffered from this tragedy. Even if it does become a "BBQ day", any time spent with family and loved ones is a good day and a good thing to do. Take the time while you have it....

All tracking for transactions will be working as normal today, however, any fees that ShareASale would normally collect will be donated to the International Relief Fund, managed by the Red Cross.
    I think it a class act for any person or company that does this.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    FYI - I added the lostusername/password pages to the list of accessible pages so you can retrieve info if needed.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager
    weird
    I tried to log on to my 2 merchant accounts just now and was told invlalid ID;
    That really thru me and upset me.

Please, next time tell us in advance via a note to our emails.. Not all of us go here everyday.
    I agree it is commendable to do this and I respect what took place, Just let us know in advance a few days.

I was able to log in with my affiliate account thou and this made me worried i had been fired and not told.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    this made me worried i had been fired and not told.
    No worries on that account, if you get fired, I'll let you know.

The families of victims from that morning would give anything to spend one morning with their loved ones, we encourage you to go out and live today to the fullest that you can.
    Whether we agree or disagree on Brian and Shareasale's decision to close for the day, we should respect their decision to do so. Many people were effected in many ways, none of us have any idea how Brian or the SAS team may have been effected. We have no idea how they spend the day, so judging them or any one on what they decide to do is simply out of line. Whether I personally think everyone should use the day as a day of remembrance and reflection is irrelevant, and I'll respect the fact that in a Democracy, those that wish to, can choose to do so.

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    I think it will be nice to hear from Brian on the unusual decision he made to call this day as off. I have mixed feelings about the holiday. Observing silence or doing something to help 9/11 victims or doing some voluntary service or another noble cause is a great way to commemorate the 9/11 tragedy. But calling it a day off may play into what terrorists wanted in the first place.

Did anyone ever think that some at SAS might have had family or friends that might have perished in the 9/11 attacks? I can't imagine pounding them about their decision to take the day off and then finding out this was the case. I don't know if this is true or not, but it is certainly something that needs to be considered.

To judge them as just simply being lazy and wanting to take a day off work or unpatriotic because they choose to remember the 9/11 victims by LIVING life for a day instead of working is the ugliest of ugly. GMAFB!

-sfcom

Why did the terrorists attack the World Trade Towers?

Because they were really tall? Nope..
    Because the had lots of windows? Nope..

Because they were a huge symbol of AMERICAN ECONOMIC POWER? Yep..

The terrorists understand that America's World Authority is powered by it's robust economic power.

To voluntarily close down your business on 9/11 is sickening and pays no respect to the people that lost their lives on that day.

ABW Ambassador
    Just goes to show that "it takes all kinds of people to make up the www"
    SAD

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I hope you had a nice day off with your loved ones, Brian. I know that on 9/11/01 my only comfort came from having people around me who care about me and who I care about, too.

My comfort yesterday also came from spending time with loved ones, in hugging my children, talking with a couple of friends by phone and remembering. I respect everyone's right to honor and reflect in the way they feel is right. For some it means burying oneself in work, others need to take a day off, others spend time in prayer or in memories or in living for the moment even if just for a day.

In the morning I wrote from the heart, posted it in my blog and then had to stop for the day. When my children came out of school they got an extra hug and a kiss from me. Later as they sat doing their homework they came over to give me another; not sure if they needed it or sensed I did.

For me the importance of the day is both remembering what was lost and reflecting on what you have. Honor, respect and cherish both.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Now that it is the 12th, could the datafeed server be reset/turned back on?

LD,

Please open a new thread.

I want to close this as the original impetus of the action has been blown to smithereens.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast