Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador jodyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida
    Posts
    660
    I thought I would post this... Just in case?
    I am posting this I hope in the right place. Craigslist now requiring a phone verified account to post my car for sale. Everyone who now posts on craigslist must have a phone verified account. Smart and dumb all in the same sentence. Do people here use craigslist as a way to make money????

    I have to wait til morning to post if the phone rings now i will wake everyone.

    Edit: LOL Funny thought, what happens to the ppl who don't have a cell phone and have only dial up? Horribly funny thought

  2. #2
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    yeah.. i think somebody told me a few days ago.
    It does help weed out the fraudsters and spammers..

    After all, you can have only a limited amount of real phone no

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador jodyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida
    Posts
    660
    Its going to be a frenzy!! I don't think it will last. Alot of people post at librarys and schools, they will either drop it or be just another thought in the wind......

  4. #4

    Join Date
    June 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,596
    You can easily have an infinite amount of phone numbers. This will do little to stop the fraud on craigslist as soon as the scammers figure out you can do so.

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador jodyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida
    Posts
    660
    Aww, I posted my car.....I think yes you can have a infinite amount of phone numbers and yes probably what is going to happen is you will have like 10% of craiglisters who are legit, and the other 90% or maybe that is too high of sp/cammers who bought a program. I know plenty of people who access and use craigslist from the library and post things for sale because they are too broke to have a computer at home. And what about the homeless who post their resumes on craigslist. Ok I soo got little sleep last night. Anywhoo..... I got to get working....lol

  6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. My 2000th Motivational, Inspirational & Well Thought Out Post.
    By RemodelingGuy in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 26th, 2010, 09:50 AM
  2. Just a Thought..
    By TK in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 10th, 2002, 11:04 PM
  3. Sorry, I thought I could post my affiliate program here
    By mstrong3 in forum Other Affiliate Networks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 8th, 2002, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •