Never Forget
    Hey All,

I grew up on the Jersey side of the Hudson...still haven't gotten used to seeing the skyline without the towers.

I fainted and hit the floor when first tower fell. Just passed out. Never fainted before and haven't fainted since. It took a day and a half before I found out that my best friend's husband made it out of tower 2 alive. But he hasn't been the same since.

I'm praying this year will mark a new beginning. I'm praying this will be the end of the seven year famine many Americans have endured. Praying for healing, praying for restoration, praying for renewed hope.

Just a reminder and a call to ask anybody inclined to join me in prayer and post their own remembrances.

WM

ABW Ambassador
    famine?

By famine was referring to the economy, morality, etc. (Sadly more American's filed for bankruptcy last year than graduated college.)

At least we haven't suffered widespread crop failure...I suppose that would've been even worse...

ABW Ambassador
    I am sure that there are many billions of people all over the world that would love to live in the USA, compared to the poverty that they have to endure throughout their entire life.
    Americans really do not appreciate just how good they have it, compared to the vast majority of the rest of the world.

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    I remember watching the news when the first plane hit and then watching the second plane come in out of nowhere. My girlfriend at the time lived a few blocks from the trade center, and I was scared to death. I remember frantically trying to call her, just like everyone else in the U.S. and not being able to get through cause the networks were jammed with calls.

She ended being okay, but that day changed the lives of us all, and I always say a prayer for all the people of 9/11 this day every year.

Chris

True enough Julian, true enough...

There's a whole lot to love about the United States of America. Being born here, becoming a citizen or resident is a blessing. It's a blessing that far too many people take for granted or even fail to recognize.

That's why I refuse to forget...

Poet and philosopher George Santayana said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

So I for one, am still praying and hoping for this country's future. I thank God I'm not the only one who still cares, remembers, and gives honor to those who fell, and acknowledges those who survived only to live with physical, spiritual or emotional wounds. People all over the world hurt. And historically have hurt worse than we have. But that doesn't mean we should forget September 11th...

WM

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    WM,

Thank you for sharing I'm sure it was not easy to relive but as you said we can never forget. I will say a prayer especially for those who have lost hope that they find peace again in their hearts.

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King Jr.

My brother worked in the WTC for 30 years and had just retired a few months before the tragedy.

I remember going up onto the roof at the school I taught in in the South Bronx to see the first building after it was hit.

What a horrible day for our country.

Jim
    [URL=http://www.moonshadowsfarm.com]MoonShadows Farm Country Store[/URL]
    Business Opportunities - 4 Ways to Make Money
    Affiliate, Drop Ship, Wholesale & Associate Downline

Terrorist attacks happen all over the world I guess this one was the biggest of all.

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    What a terrifying day. But being from NY especially, I was so amazed by the spirit there (and in the whole of the US for that matter) in the wake of the attacks. We were all in it together, and we were all Americans, and there was a real sense of unity and humanity in the weeks and months that followed. Even though the terrorists tried to attack what this country is made of, it just highlighted for us that when it comes down to it, we are so much more than we even realized.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Today is a day of sorrow and remembrance for Americans. We have other days to celebrate our freedoms and privileges, but this isn't one of them.

No nation's sorrow is diminished because of another nation's sorrow. This day is about our sorrow. If citizens of other nations choose to join us in remembering the events of 9/11 that is most appreciated.

I am in the U.K and while I watched this terrible thing happening on the B.B.C. news my heart went out to all America. It was a great tragedy but I know that you, as Americans are a strong people and this has made you stronger, both a individuals and as a nation.
    Maureen

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard the news. At the time, I lead a team of inbound contact center agents and the shift for the day was 10:30-7. On my way in to work, I was listening to a CD, so I didn't hear any of the news.

When I arrived at my desk, everyone was standing around, some were crying, some were packing up to leave. The phones were quiet - no one could all in or out. The company ended up sending us home for the day.

I went home to be with my son who was 17 months old at the time and watched the news footage. I was forever changed that day.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone today, as everyone has been affected by this tragedy. Be sure to tell those close to you that you love them, be kind to a stranger and pass on pride for your country to your kiddies, if you have any. Hugs to everyone.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

http and a telephoto
    I don't think any of us can forget where we were that day. I had been in NYC for about a week, was staying at a dorm with my son at NYU on Washington Square Park and we didn't know how close or how far away we were from the towers. We were at West 4th Street near Broadway.

Some of my photos from that day and the few days after arehere. There are no images below Canal Street, we weren't allowed past the barrier there, and they were literally taking cameras away from people that did cross through. I had no desire to get closer than I was. We were in lock down for 3-4 days ourselves. I could walk to 14th street, but if I crossed I wouldn't be able to go back. I had no ID saying that I needed to be in that area.

My life changed that day, even though I didn't lose anyone on that day. I had to move to NYC the first time because of that day.

And that's all I can say about it for now. Time to get away from the computer and go for a walk. I can see where the towers were from the end of my street where I live now. The people around me lost friends and relatives.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Growing up my parents would talk about how they remembered exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard Pearl Harbor had been bombed and when they heard JFK had been shot.

I never understood how you could remember with such clarity and emotion an event from 20, 30 even 40 years earlier. I didn't understand, until 7 years ago.

Waking up for just another day at the office, a day like any other day. I did my morning routine went back into the bedroom to get dressed for work when I saw the Pentagon on TV and it looked like smoke coming from it. After about 10 minutes I called the office to send people home and everything became a blur of information and emotion wrapping itself in disbelief.

I can not imagine what it must feel like to be someone who was closer to the event, or directly touched by it. The memories and the emotions must be overwhelming, even after 7 years. It is this generations Pearl Harbor. A day just like any other day, except that this day will live in our minds and our hearts forever.

I won't forget, because I can't.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I was heading out, bags in hand, to the airport to board a late morning business flight to Newark, NJ when the news broke. I went home alone and spent the afternoon in my recliner watching the news in a daze. Lucy, my orange tabby, was 2 months old then (born on July 4th, 2001) - she cuddled up on my chest for all of those slow moving hours and comforted me.

May God be with all the families whose worlds were broken seven years ago, and be with us all so we may never experience such pain nor see such actions of pure hate again.

Never Forget, but please help those that survived and their families - RedCross | Twin Towers Fund
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

My friend and I were at Rehoboth Beach for a girls getaway. We were in the hotel lobby eating breakfast when the first plane hit, and I remember her saying what a horrible accident. Then the second plane hit and we knew it was no accident.
    We gathered up all the beer and alcohol from our room, headed to the empty beach, and waited for the world to end.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    I don't know if any of you watch American Choppers, but the 9/11 bike they built for the NYFD was incredible. Check it out below.

Loxly,

Powerful pictures.

Knight01 you're right. This was the Pearl Harbor, JFK shooting of our generation. We still remember because we simply cannot forget.

Without question the passage of time has allowed for a great deal of healing. But with deliberate remembrance, vestiges of the emotions surface...all sorrow and pain are still there, evidently lingering beneath the surface. It was difficult for me to even start this post...I didn't want to feel the pain again if I could help it. I haven't gotten to the point where I can remember without tears threatening to overtake me yet. I hope and pray in time I will. But there are some really good things that help me when I'm tempted to despair:

We still say "God Bless America"
    Our currency still reads "In God we Trust"
    And this is still the "Home of the Free and the Brave."

Thanks for sharing your stories of what you were doing on that day. It does help to know that people have not forgotten.

-WM

http and a telephoto
    There were many stories shared on Twitter today also, from people that maybe didn't want to post in the forum. There was a particularly strong poem written by an ABWer that made me cry. And other twitters also. I had to leave the computer for a few hours.

But it is good to know we are not alone when we cry today. I watched no television at all. But I still cried a few times. It's been 7 years but it is still raw. And the events that followed are too....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knight01

I won't forget, because I can't.
    Well said Knight. I feel the same.

While the shock and rage the moment I first heard what was happening is still powerful in my mind and heart, what I also remember well are the days immediately following 9/11 - American Flags flying from almost every car antenna and window, how Americans banded together and stayed strong in the love of our country, how patriotism was suddenly re-born in so many, how watching other countries pay tribute to us with such emotion and compassion was so beautiful and touching, how my young children watched me cry my eyes out, learned how much loving and respecting our country means and how, while our hearts were breaking, the American spirit was not shattered but strengthened by the events of that morning. I was and still am very proud to be an American.

Writing this made me cry all over again. Yes, we can go on and live but the pain will never just go away. It will live on with our resolve to stay strong and mighty in the face of evil because we are a country based on love, not hate or fear and nothing can take that away from us.

God Bless America!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Every time they show the buildings and talk about all the hijacked planes, I get angry all over again, at the futility of it, of all those firemen going up into an unstable building, and it just makes me want to send our troopps into any country necessary to get Bin Laden and his ilk. Prolly a good thing I'm not President!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

You know...I've never lived in New York and I didn't know anyone who died that day and yet I was so profoundly changed by it all. I truly think it took me that entire next year to recover and the first few months were not good for me. I felt so stupid even trying to explain why I would feel so strongly about something that didn't directly effect my life.

I cannot even begin to imagine how the people feel that were there or lost loved ones. I made the mistake of watching a documentary last night about it and it brought all of it back. Today I just don't feel like myself. Such a strange feeling to have emotions that I cannot explain or justify.

Even watching it last night my mind went back to watching it live....never.. not once was I thinking "they have to get out of there, those buildings might come down". My brain just wouldn't even comprehend that something like that could happen. It is still completely unbelievable.

I will never forget.

Sheri

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread