Star Trek - GEEKS?
    I looked at the title / description of this thread and I thought to myself, that's cool, this might actually be like a family on this site. THEN I realized that since this was an online family I might just find a few Trekkies/Trekkers on the forum. Before I start . . . Star Trek is NOT necessarily for geeks & nerds & dorks. It is for people that know how to have an open mind and to have fun enjoying something, PURELY because they like it & regardless of what others say.

P.S. I am not a nerd or dork or geek, and I LOVE Star Trek (Especially The Original Series & Next Generation.)
    Last edited by Leader; September 12th, 2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Removed contact info

Ok, you've struck a cord with me big time! The originals; saw them all when they first aired and own most all of the original episodes. Didn't get into NG or DS9 too heavily, but watched all of both the Voyager and Enterprise episodes. Saw all the movies. The 40th anniversary movie is coming out Christmas day!

X

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    I looked at the title / description of this thread and I thought to myself, that's cool, this might actually be like a family on this site. THEN I realized that since this was an online family I might just find a few Trekkies/Trekkers on the forum. Before I start . . . Star Trek is NOT necessarily for geeks & nerds & dorks. It is for people that know how to have an open mind and to have fun enjoying something, PURELY because they like it & regardless of what others say.

P.S. I am not a nerd or dork or geek, and I LOVE Star Trek (Especially The Original Series & Next Generation.)

[contact info removed by Leader]
    BTW Jeremy, you need to refrain from posting your email address. That's going to end up being a huge spam headache for you. And also, your tag line at the end of your posts may be construed as a manual sig which is against TOS here until you reach 250 posts.
    Last edited by Leader; September 12th, 2008 at 06:08 PM.

X

Next Generation was AWESOME!
    It's funny. Everybody (who's cool) loved (or at least liked) the Original Series. How could you not love Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, etc.! But it all diverges from there. I was not into Next Generation till years after it had come out. I felt I was being a traitor to The Original Series. :-) Then one day, just like a couple years ago, my wife and I decided to "try" it out. We loved it. We watch NExt Generation more often that The Original Series by far. But as for Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, I never got into them. A lot of people LOVE them. We'll see. MAybe in 5 years I'll like them too. Thanks for the reply. Live long and prosper. ;-)

Thanks about the spam and the manual sig. I didn't know better. I will stop. sorry (actually I HAVE STOPPED is more like it.) The worst thing is that I'd like to take them out anyway. My IM carrier is, in fact AIM. So I don't want them to try to IM me at Yahoo anyway. There is no way for me to edit my posts now.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    There is no way for me to edit my posts now.
    One of our friendly mods may accommodate you...

X

how do i reach them? email?

There's one looking at this thread. Trust is in green above where "users viewing" are listed. Don't make a habit of asking for changes as that's frowned on. In this case it might be ok. I'll report it for you...

X

Done! Thanks Leader...

X

License Plate
    I don't want to post a million times on my own thread but Boomers . . . take a look at my license plate. 1701-D. I wanted NCC1701 but that is taken in every state already. I tried a bunch before I was able to get this one approved.

Sheesh! I looked at that and thought, now where do I know that number from[?]... Duh!

X

There were many reasons I decided to do that plate. The main reason is because I usually drive somewhere between warp 7 and warp 8. :-)

I'm a closet Trekkie girl, mainly TNG

I adored Commander Data... and was crushed when he "expired" in Nemesis (in a selfless act!). Patrick Stewart will always be Jean-Luc to me..

It was a show about humanity..
    Last edited by teezone; September 13th, 2008 at 01:33 AM.

teezone - U R Right!
    as black and white as your statement was, i never thought of it that way. and i don't know if you have realized (you probably have) i would guess that is precisely WHY you love Data.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread