ABW Ambassador
    I will put my pizza ashes up for bid and will post a link when it's up. Bidding will be fierce

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

If you are gonna be in NYC the first part of November, I know where to get an awesome Pizza, would be happy to treat ya!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the offer, can't make it this year tho, will be going on vacation in a couple of months to Orlando to visit the folks for Christmas. Next year tho, will start hitting all these events and you buy the pizza and i'll buy the Popeye's

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

ABW Ambassador
    Who the f^%& would pay $5 to have burned cookies shipped to them?
    Damn, the trash was just taken, I am sure I could have come up with some crap worthy of an ebay auction. Better be more careful next time. I am sure my wife would love it if I started rooting through the trash to find items for ebay.
    How the hell did ebay become so big if they allow stupid people to do stupid things?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I still think that fellow offering to tattoo your advertising on his head was the strangest deal yet.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

A few weeks ago, I saw an auction for an old bra that fell out of someone's ceiling. She was doing renovations to her ceiling and while pulling down some of the plaster, a bra fell out. It looks pretty old, and the woman said she had the house for at least 10 years or something and it wasn't hers. It was pretty gross looking. She was offering to sell it with the blackish looking ceiling crumbs that fell down with it. (She didn't call them ceiling crumbs, I did - I forget what she called them.)

And there were several bids.

-patrice

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How the hell did ebay become so big if they allow stupid people to do stupid things?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They realized that the auction fee from a stupid auction is just as big as the auction fee from a sensible auction!

Plus, traffic and publicity drawn by stupid auctions gives them free (or darned cheap) exposure.

Them realizing this has almost certainly contributed to their growth, not hampered it...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Plus, traffic and publicity drawn by stupid auctions gives them free (or darned cheap) exposure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Too right mate! An auction for a carrot that looked suspiciously like a (hehehe) got over 70,000 views and bids for ridiculous amounts - am sure they were all cancelled, but eBay was in 1000s of emails sent worldwide.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread