Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Miami, Florida
    Affiliate Partners Affected by Ike: ARC wants to help!
    Good afternoon ABW Family,

I want to quickly take this moment to announce that ARC would like to help affiliates affected by Hurricane Ike by sending them food, water, vouchers or clothing. On Monday we will be contacting the Red Cross and other organizations so we can find out how we can send relief efforts to Galveston and the surrounding areas affected.

This is not to say that we will not be sending relief efforts in general, but before we do, we would like to know that if there is someone within our community affected by this storm that needs our help, that we are here and available.

Believe me when I tell you, both Andy and I were deeply affected by Hurricane Andrew and we know first hand what it means not to have work, water, electricity and food available. It feels as the world has literally stopped! Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Please feel free to contact me at or call us at 305 412 3512.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! ||| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | | |

http and a telephoto
    Forwarding your post to a couple of affiliates that may not have power yet, but are in the Houston area. Your offer will be much appreciated I am sure
    Deborah Carney

Katy Texas (just outside Houston)
    HUGS! .... your offer itself is so heartwarming it made me cry! Thank you so much for caring!

My power just came back on this afternoon here in the Katy area [just west of Houston] - we did not really get hit very hard in comparison with some of Houston itself and the coastal communities .... yes .... gazillions of trees & fences are down, roofs are blown off [I need new shingles nailed on my roof in a few places] and many trees are in people's homes ... no electricity in so many places .... but we were not wiped off the face of the earth like some of the coastal communities in Texas. Bolivar Peninsula is now Bolivar Island in 3 pieces for example

Texas, Louisiana and clear over into Florida were affected since it was a huge storm that poured rain and wind into their areas ... BUT ... the storm then went up into the Midwest and they have no power either ... and many of their crews are down here so they are not there to restore their power.

Please remember them too ... my heart goes out to them too!

For anyone who can or wants to help the Houston area:

Houston SPCA: "The most useful donation for the SPCA currently is a monetary donation."

Their need is critical - I do not believe FEMA will help them - many rescued
    animals and wildlife are going through here then some on to other shelters
    though they are about 3 times their capacity and getting more all the time.

American Red Cross - "The American Red Cross honors donor intent. If you
    wish to designate your donation to a specific disaster please do so at the
    time of your donation. Call 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish). You can also make a secure online contribution at"

Salvation Army - - They are going to provide hot meals ...

Texas Responds -

Local Houston area news can be found at and for anyone interested in hearing local news organizations, not national news blurbs ... they are doing a great job IMO

http and a telephoto
    Direct TV had a local Houston station available for us to watch here in NYC and it was amazing. The local news showed so many more personal stories, like the newsman that said "Usually we cover disasters and then go home, this time we are covering a disaster and we ARE home." They showed their news crew going and checking out their own houses....

The effects of this storm were far reaching and some things will never be "back to normal". Barbara,tThanks for a great post about how to help. I will try and spread the word about the SPCA needing help.
    Deborah Carney

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread