It might not count as "sports" but. . .
    I did not see any posts by/for car people. Clasics, modern, sports cars, cruisers, exotics. Whatever. I love cars and I love talking cars. I have not had much luck talking to people here about anything yet so, how 'bout cars. What you like, what you drive, what you want to drive one day, whatever. Maybe you hate cars. :-) That's cool too. For those of you, like me, who can't PM, IM or any other M, I can be reached at

Dodge Viper! The most AWESOME car under $100,000.
    Last edited by Trust; September 14th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    "For those of you, like me, who can't PM, IM or any other M,"

But those people can reply to this thread

On a side note, have to stop the dropping of the email/IM. Ads are pretty cheap here, only $75, more info - http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/
    Last edited by Trust; September 14th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    But those people can reply to this thread.
    Yup, and ABW has a chat room, too. You can find it on the nav bar above. There's a thread around here somewhere that people post in when they're heading into chat so others know to meet up there.

thanks, it is hard. i have been just trying to meet. one person. one. we could talk about anything. i am not trying to "sell" them anything or get them to partner with me. nothing. i just want to chat. of course i want to learn. of course i want to make money. not now. later. i have time. should i take out an ad that says my name and that i want to talk to people? seriously. i have tried to go into the chat room 20 times or more. there has never been 1 person in there. am i missing something?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    How long did you wait for more people? I didn't see your post in the chat thread either.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    thanks, it is hard. i have been just trying to meet. one person. one. we could talk about anything. i am not trying to "sell" them anything or get them to partner with me. nothing. i just want to chat. of course i want to learn. of course i want to make money. not now. later. i have time. should i take out an ad that says my name and that i want to talk to people? seriously. i have tried to go into the chat room 20 times or more. there has never been 1 person in there. am i missing something?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    You just signed up literally 2 days ago and it's the weekend, it's usually slower. Hang around and people will eventually get to know you.

i think it's been more than 2 days. but if you say so, i believe you. i am not complaining. i'm frustrated. as i said i was just hoping for 1, then another, etc. I don't have unreasonable expectations. I just, well whatever. i'm just trying to learn. as far as the "chat thread", i did not even know that there was one. i'll look for it. thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Just 2 days, here is your first post, on the 12th -

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=110196

It's nothing to get frustrated with, like I said, 2 days and the weekends are slow. Also for me, I have no reason to call or IM people I don't know. Now I've talked to people here on the phone, have some on IM that I message but it was after I got to know them a little from their posts here. When you constantly drop your email or IM, it seems like you just want to recruit, might be a little pushy (frustrated after 2 days), which also might turn some people off. I have it in my head that if I emailed or IMed you, that you would just start trying to sell me on your business. Just relax and let people get to know you. You're more likely to get a better response.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Jeremy, you've been coming on pretty strong. For me that is very off-putting behavior. But then I'm not the friendliest person in the world.

Also this is the busy season for most of us and we don't have a lot of free time to chit-chat or meet new people.

i'm learning still
    even though it pained you to be so brutally honest . . . thank you. :-) i do appreciate it. i gotta hear from all. thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    you are sounding desperate to 'talk'

this is forum, read and learn. People will interact with you, but you have to change your attitude

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread