Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shopping Cart Recommendations
    Hi,

I've joined Shareasale as merchant and currently I'm using Paypal and I'm having problem setting up tracking code, any recommnedation on shopping cart?

Thanks
    Willie

Tax Paying Member
    Check the offerings from your host. Most offer a couple of shopping carts.

Zen and Oscommerce come to mind.

Just curious........How do you become a merchant without a shopping cart??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

http and a telephoto
    You can go through the set up process until you get to the tracking part without any kind of financial commitment or without any communication with Shareasale. So if you are unclear of what you need, you can get to the spot where Willie is stuck. You really shouldn't sign up without a shopping cart, but I'm sure he isn't the first

You can't go live until tracking is working, or even finish the set up until tracking is installed and working. You can contact Shareasale tech at any point along the way.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by willie_w
    I've joined Shareasale as merchant and currently I'm using Paypal...
    Willie,

The Tracking Code Details for PayPal Website Payments Standard entry in Shareasale's "Help" database may help [to access the page you will be prompted to log into your SaS merchant account].

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by willie_w
    Hi,

I've joined Shareasale as merchant and currently I'm using Paypal and I'm having problem setting up tracking code, any recommnedation on shopping cart?

Thanks
    Willie
    Hi willie,
    Reply to me if you are still looking for a payment solution. What is your product?

On Paypal's site they have a list of shopping carts that integrate with Paypal's services. If you're planning to stick with Paypal, that is the place to find compatible carts.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    You can go through the set up process until you get to the tracking part without any kind of financial commitment or without any communication with Shareasale. So if you are unclear of what you need, you can get to the spot where Willie is stuck. You really shouldn't sign up without a shopping cart, but I'm sure he isn't the first

You can't go live until tracking is working, or even finish the set up until tracking is installed and working. You can contact Shareasale tech at any point along the way.
    I didn't know this Loxly. Thanks for this tidbit of information. I have a family member that is about to become a merchant and was going to recommend them to use SAS to help promote their business.

I used Zen, osC, CubeCart and a privately built cart until I found Pinnacle Cart....Pinnacle will be my cart from now on and for a long time. Great cart software.

Jim
    [URL=http://www.moonshadowsfarm.com]MoonShadows Farm Country Store[/URL]
    Business Opportunities - 4 Ways to Make Money
    Affiliate, Drop Ship, Wholesale & Associate Downline

Jim, I have been using Zen Cart for quite a while and find it to be reliable, but it has a pretty long learning curve. I just checked out Pinnacle.

I have also worked with osCommerce and find the community support to be completely disjointed and abominable, plus it is in serious need of an update.

What do you like about Pinnacle that makes it better than the freebies that you tried? The features list for Pinnacle looks to be the same as with Zen Cart, but the cost is pretty high @ $54.95 per month or a one time price of $597.

It may be worth it, but I don't see anything on their site that convinces me that it is worth investing in. What do you like about it or how do you think it is better?
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Guinn
    I used Zen, osC, CubeCart and a privately built cart until I found Pinnacle Cart....Pinnacle will be my cart from now on and for a long time. Great cart software.

Jim
    I just started using pinnacle cart too and so far so good.

Hi,

Thanks for all your recommendation. Currently I'm using Paypal and not too familiar with html and those codes. I just want to find a way to integrate Paypal with Shareasal. Still working on this.

Ecomsolution, here's my products...

naeleens.com, soyoungplus.com, hardrodplus.com & another 2 on the way.

Paypal is charging me about 3+% and would appreciate any recomendation on shopping cart that could save me some green

thanks alot

Willie
    Last edited by loxly; September 19th, 2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: unlinking links

http and a telephoto
    You are confusing shopping cart with merchant account, they are generally two separate things. Paypal has the easiest way to accept payments without needing either a shopping cart or a merchant account by acting as both.

Looked at the first site and you are using a squeeze page with paypal.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Bill-MDN's Avatar
    I use Jshop for shopping cart. I've tried most of them but I like Jshop the best.

If you are just looking for some "Buy Now" buttons, try e-junkie.

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    I've just started using avactis shopping cart and have been very impressed with it. Very easy to customize and drop into any existing website or your own custom design. It is not free, but at about $200.00 it is worth the price.

Chris

Wow. I am in the exact posistion as you right now willie, I even have similar style of website as you. Have you figured it out yet? I know you have to setup paypals Payment Data Transfer system. To do that go to your profile in paypal, website payment preferences, enable auto return and payment data transfer, then you will get a token thing. Next go here https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...t-code-outside and what I did, but don't know if it works becasue I don't know how to test it, Is copy one of the codes into the "thankyou" page of your website and but your token id where the token id is in the sample code. Hope this helps a bit. Im not sure if its correct. Let me know if you figure it out or have found an alternative. My site is gbwrinklecure.com if you want to check it out. PS: how do you test your paypal checkout?

E-junkie is way easier. I just looked it up. 5$ a month for 10 items. Can be shopping cart or buy it now buttons. And integration with shareasale is really simple.

In terms of shopping cart, I would recommend CS-Cart.

Feature-rich, attractive, secure and good support.

Oh, and if you come back and complain about the $270 license fee, you aren't ready!

I recommend Interspire Shopping Cart: http://www.interspire.com/shoppingcart - it is far better than many other solutions I have used in the past.

I am in the process of changing my shopping cart and I need your advise.
    I sell one product in 6 different sizes, I am currently using Paypal merchant pro and my developer has set up Digishop for a shopping cart. I am having problems setting up the affiliate account in affiliate future.

I am looking for a reliable shopping cart that allows me to track promo codes and track affiliate sales properly. I spend a good chunk of money in Google Adwords and to this point I am clueless on which orders are originating from Google.

What do you think about Ecartsoft?

Hey Fim,

Whichever cart you end up choosing one of the most important factors you need to consider is how active the support community is. There are several open-source (free) software packages out there, and then even some low-cost packages. Two I can personally recommend are Zen-Cart, and X-Cart. Both are widely used, and so third-party features (like affiliate programs) are generally supported.

Willie sure won't be the last to end up stuck at the code testing step with paypal Website Payment Standard and SAS.

There myself. I was all ready to pay the money and upload my banners....

What a cluster*!$%

As SAS says, "Unfortunately, integrating with PayPal Website Payments Standard is more difficult than most shopping carts." Seems to be an understatement.

And here I had this naive thought that all I'd have to do is place some code on my thank you page.

Geez. Shopping cart shopping right now.

Magento is an open source ecommerce app, which is free but you or someone on your team needs to have some techie savvy. They do offer a subscription plan for support. Yes, it integrates with PayPal (and lots of other payment gateways). Here's the feature list: http://www.magentocommerce.com/features/
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

hi everybody!

With all your shopping cart experience i could use your advise. I want to move fm oscommerce to cs-cart - can somebody suggest me smth? Appreciate it!

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    Any comments about volusion ??? Would appreciate
    Clifford Mark
    Director of Marketing - [URL=http://www.friendlyplanettravel.com]Friendly Planet Travel Inc[/URL] | [email=cliff@friendlyplanet.com]email me[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=18510]Join The FriendlyPlanetTravel.com Affiliate Program Now![/URL]

In the middle of a trial with them right now (Volusion). So far it looks very flexible. It has an API which is a new standard for me in all shopping carts. I won't even look at anything without one right now. We have been on Yahoo for years and we have so may products that manual updates and CSV/Excel mass uploads are just way to cumbersome.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast