Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    AlimonySucks.com At Auction, $25 To Start
    Here is the link to the auction .
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

2 days left, no reserve other thn a 25 buck start.....anyone?

I think this is a decent domain, law related adsense is a decent niche plus perfect blog site for every spouse that's had trouble in divorce....

I bet that a high percentage of those who pay alimony think that it sucks, so it should be an easy sell. I think people are just waiting to bid on it until last minute. Good luck.

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador
    From a parent perspective, anyone who doesn't pay alimony should lose everything that they own.
    Paying alimony may suck, but it sucks more for the child who doesn't get that money they are entitled to.

Maybe someone should develop the site to educate deadbeats on why they should pay

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    From a parent perspective, anyone who doesn't pay alimony should lose everything that they own.
    Paying alimony may suck, but it sucks more for the child who doesn't get that money they are entitled to.

Maybe someone should develop the site to educate deadbeats on why they should pay
    Alimony and child support are two different things. Of course I would agree with you though on paying what you are legally responsible for. Taxes suck but we still pay them. ;-)

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Alimony and child support are two different things. Of course I would agree with you though on paying what you are legally responsible for. Taxes suck but we still pay them. ;-)

-sfcom
    My bad, sorry.

I know of an ex wife here that held off for as long as she could - years - before getting the police to follow up with an arrest for non support. She didn't want to hurt the dad in front of their children, but finally had no choice. He was in construction and kept 'quitting' every time they were going to garnish his wages, then would miraculously reappear with the same company on a new site. Far as I'm concrened, I hope he rots in jail, no excuse for not taking responsibility.

Alternatively, I know of a fellow, a great guy, who remarried several years after his wife past away. He stayed with the second wife for several years, but just as he was retiring, we went out of town for a night and came home to find she had emptied the house - I mean emptied with a moving truck and crew - emptied the checking and savings account, got stuff out of the safety deposit box, and had moved into this fine two story building they had just refinished to be used as a condo above and business below.

She then had every operation you could think of, from removing bags under her eyes to doing something with her feet - because he was required to provide medical coverage for her until the divorce got finished. Finally, her lawyer managed to gather up roughly half of his remaining assets, in spite of the fact that she had never brought income in, did not raise his children ( they were already grown and out of the house ) , and he had had all of the rental properties before their marriage.

Now, JMO, but that second fellow, he's got reason to gripe, lol, and I think a domain like this might provide a little community for folks like that.

ending in 3 hours..........just a reminder if anyone is out there....

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread