Well CJ,

Whatever the problem was, today turned out to be the best day so far this month with you as far as numbver of sales. Ummm, which brings me back to my old whining from months ago.

Can you Please, Please put all reasoning aside and maybe look at something that you would normally think is impossible as being possible. That being said I give you and your techs a challenge.

1) Can you look at whatever the problem was today and yesterday and say to yourselfs, hmmmmm could this be happening a lot and us not catching it.

2) Can you do whatever you did today to retrieve the sales and post them in our stats like this all the time.

3) Can you go back the last 2 months (the past Year would be preferred) doing what you did today and seek out sales that perhaps got lost in Cyber Space?

Now your probably gonna say that nothing was done different today to retrieve the sales. All I am asking is that you and your techs would really sit down and look at the impossible to see if maybe, just maybe it could really be happening. BTW, I am dead serious about this. I challenge you to look back and retrieve any sales that may have been missed the last 2 months and left wonderring for whatever reasons.

Thanks for accepting the challenge in advance.

I second Packy's challange to CJ. If they can do it one day, why not another and another and another. And they go back one day and another and another.

It can be done.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    just to do Stats, Was a very very good day for me too. Not for all merchants, but some performed very very well, one broke the overall record (active for 40 days). Taking a look it seems that there is a big difference in the time zone from 12 to 8am, usually I see a few sales that time, but today were a lot.

But maybe was an error by CJ, once they uploaded duplicates and was a mess, or may be just a good day, near holidays, humans behave different every day.

Wait a minute, ouch, yesterday amount was even greater than today, well I have already written this msg.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Fer

The issue was related to a production bug related to some new functionality that was deployed this week that caused problems with reporting some transactions. The problem was isolated to one and a half days. The delayed reporting is caught up. There may be some batched transactions that are still waiting to be consummed but 99% are caught up.

I am in our London office this week so I do not have direct contact with headquaters but have been following the process through our incident tool.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

A one and a half day delay would not explain why my ebay clicks were 15 times their normal amount. Are you sure there is not some other bug they may have missed?

15 times normal is great, but the sales or leads were not 15 times normal.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

The Challenge stands! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Lets go back a couple months and see what other bugs we can squash! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    DaPackster is correct in his challenge but we need to address this issue for all networks that get BATCHED merchant sales reports. OverStock when Shawn got back from vacation in Sept re-ran all the records and amazingly 12 more sales showed up for my account. You'd be amazed how many affiliate managers who are not very computer literate and assumes the upload works without verifying some affiliate accounts for credits.

WebMaster Mike

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    DaPackster is correct in his challenge but we need to address this issue for all networks that get BATCHED merchant sales reports. OverStock when Shawn got back from vacation in Sept re-ran all the records and amazingly 12 more sales showed up for my account. You'd be amazed how many affiliate managers who are not very computer literate and assumes the upload works without verifying some affiliate accounts for credits.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

Are you saying that this then needs to be done by both CJ for nonbatched merchants and also by merchants that do batched sales reports? Do we instigate this or is this done by CJ for the batched sales merchants? If not by CJ, I'll start my email campaign tonight. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread