Question Inactive products
    Before I submit a support ticket I wanted to see if anyone else noticed a large amount of inactive products this morning in their shops. I usually have 100-200 each morning but this am I had well over 1000. Usually it is because of a bad overnight download but I was unable to determine what network was causing all the inactive products.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Not more or less than usual.

That probably depends on how many merchants you are signed up with. I only choose my merchants selectively based on my niches and I don't have coupon sites.

What do you do with the inactive products every morning? Delete and substitute? I just went through last night and deleted inactive ones and I see more today. I use the substitute feature but somehow it doesn't seem to work properly.

I mainly promote brand names so this results in a lot of shops (1200+) across the two sites that I use PopShops. I have a max of 32 items in a shop but I use the autofeed feature and I use the Replace it with a similar product until the original becomes available again button under unavailable products. Once I have more than 5 inactive products in a shop I replace them otherwise with that many shops all I would be doing is replacing products all day long. I usually carry 1200-1300 inactive products a day across all the shops that I have however this morning I had 2124 inactive items.

When I left down for Gustav I was away from the computer for 4 days and came back to 1600 inactives which I worked down to between the 1200-1300.

This is a big jump in one day.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I'm getting quite a few inactive but they seem to be from a handful of merchants whose feeds are usually extremely stable. I was just about to file a support email ticket on the matter.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Yes, I had the same issue although I'm not sure the exact day the inactives popped in because I was out of town over the weekend. I had 568 inactive products (ugh) and the funny thing is that for 3 days BEFORE I went out of town I had ZERO inactives each day, which in itself is unusual.

I hate when I have consecutive days of zero inactives because it usually means a FLOOD is coming. And it did.

Good,

I'll let you file the support ticket. Just let me know what Jessie says.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Ok, now I have more.

I checked again later and now most inactives are coming from one merchant. As a matter fact this merchant had ALL their product as inactive.

Just sent them an email too.

ABW Ambassador
    I think there is something wrong with Popshops's feed. I just check my account, there are houndreds of inactive products. However, after I deleted 20 inactive products(total of 30 products originally) from one of my shop and added 20 new products from a merchant. The shop was not updated. It still shows only 10 products both on "shop preview" and my website.

I deleted and added a few times, the new products just won't stay. Something is wrong.

(Edit: I switched to another merchant's products, the shop updated. It's weird...I guess something is wrong with the merchant's data feed.)

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    I think there is something wrong with Popshops's feed.

after I deleted 20 inactive products(total of 30 products originally) from one of my shop and added 20 new products from a merchant. The shop was not updated. It still shows only 10 products both on "shop preview" and my website.

I deleted and added a few times, the new products just won't stay. Something is wrong.

(Edit: I switched to another merchant's products, the shop updated. It's weird...I guess something is wrong with the merchant's data feed.)
    Mayfly,

I'm seeing the same thing today - when I move products, Pop Shops doesn't register the change I've made and it pops the old code instead of the changed code. This was just moving 2 products around on a page and 2 different merchants.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Mayfly,

I'm seeing the same thing today - when I move products, Pop Shops doesn't register the change I've made and it pops the old code instead of the changed code. This was just moving 2 products around on a page and 2 different merchants.
    Thanks Rexanne. At one point I thought I was drunk or something

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    Ok, now I have more.

I checked again later and now most inactives are coming from one merchant. As a matter fact this merchant had ALL their product as inactive.

Just sent them an email too.
    Which merchant please?
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I had that same thing happen yesterday with the merchant Soft Surroundings. I replaced all 21 products that were showing as inactive and when I returned to the dashboard, there it was still with 21 inactives. Today that merchant seems to be okay.

Performance on the Popshops site is so slow for me right now. Every time I finished editing a shop and want to return to the dashboard, it takes FOREVER. Because of this I'm not making much of a dent with my hundreds of products needing replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    Which merchant please?
    Dimples and Dandelions.

Turns out they updated their datafeed with the same products but changed the SKU numbers so that all previous products will be marked invalid for whoever has their products in their shops. I have to go back and add the products back into the shops. I don't know why merchants do this but Matt at Popshop is scratching his head over this one too. Don't merchant realize that they will loose sales this way?

It would be nice to see an update? anybody heard from Jessie or A?

Angry Popshops not working
    I donīt know why I canīt select php code now, only Javascript, TypePad and Blogger is available, and my Pro plan includes php, at least until last time I logged in yesterday. All php pages in my site are not seen rigth now, something is wrong, many inactive products. Anybody knows about any plan change ?, I didn't receive any e-mail.

Have you sent an email? I can't look into your account unless you send a support ticket.

jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Hi,
    It sounds like we got a few feeds that had massive changes in them all at once. Hopefully this is just a seasonal issue. In addition, there was a day that imports were suspended because of an import reconfiguration issue, so inactives can build up.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread