Question Hellllp High Impressions decent click thrus no Sales???
    We launched CJ on our site last Monday in that amount of time we have served 7,058,143 impressions with 6,333 clicks averaging .09% ctr - Not bad but we have had 7 sales made a total of 45 dollars???? I have been an affiliate manager on the advertising side this is my first time on the publisher side and I just can't seem to quite figure out what I am doing wrong...suggestions best practices anything can help!

ABW Ambassador
    Over 7 million impressions, more than 6,000 clicks, but only 7 sales with $45 commission?

Wow! With that amount of clicks with Adsense, you could be making thousands!

Which merchants are you promoting?

We are only supporting the banner sizes 160x600 and 468x60 right now since we have never had ads before we wanted to easy into them for our members - I have photoworks, blockbuster, lids, travelocity etc

15 years and counting
    Is your traffic targeted to your product?
    Your visitors have an interest to visit your site but do they have an incentive to buy?
    Do you know if what you're selling is converting well on other sites?
    With the right traffic and 6,333 clicks I can make from $6,333 up to $63,330.
    It's worth to think about conversion.

ABW Ambassador
    Replace the ads with adsense. You get paid and the merchant pays you via adsense whether anything is purchased or not. With that many click throughs, you should be making a heck of a lot of money.

I thought that I had targeted ads but I guess not - maybe I will do some reworking of these - When applying for advertisers in CJ I primarily applied for those with high network earnings wouldn't this mean they are converting on other sites..

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by KMattson
    I thought that I had targeted ads but I guess not - maybe I will do some reworking of these - When applying for advertisers in CJ I primarily applied for those with high network earnings wouldn't this mean they are converting on other sites..
    Big mistake.

What works on other sites may not work on yours. The high numbers mean nothing unless you target the ads.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by KMattson
    Yes and no. It means these ads are converting for somebody. It could be very different for your own traffic.
    A high EPC does not guarantee success and you should still do your research when joining programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Yes and no. It means these ads are converting for somebody. It could be very different for your own traffic.
    A high EPC does not guarantee success and you should still do your research when joining programs.
    I did do some initial research I appreciate the advice I would much rather have your statistics and I think so would my CEO...

15 years and counting
    You need to understand your visitors. From where are they coming from? what are they looking for? Check your logs very closely.
    Affiliate marketing is also an art. You change a word in a description and your conversion can rise or drop. Sometimes it's very hard to understand why. Tweak your ads and check the results day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You need to understand your visitors. From where are they coming from? what are they looking for? Check your logs very closely.
    Affiliate marketing is also an art. You change a word in a description and your conversion can rise or drop. Sometimes it's very hard to understand why. Tweak your ads and check the results day after day.

That is SOOOO true, yesterday I changed my site and I made $.50....
    Today after work I am SOO Changing it back.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread