15 years and counting
    Is dhgate shorting our commissions?
    I noticed my last few sales for them were paid at a 1.5% rate and not 4.5% as specified in the agreement or on SAS reports.
    Once again I had a hard time to fully read the agreement but there's nothing about different levels of commissions.
    Merchant provided description:
    High Commission: $1000 average sale plus 4.5% commission Rate

Their stats show:
    Average sale 7 Day $145.09 30 day $117.24
    Reversal Rates 7 Day 57.83 % 30 day 6.65 %
    EPC 7 Day ($3.54) 30 day $15.05
    Is it a math problem coming from SAS or is dhgate shorting our commissions?
    Any experience with them?

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure about SAS but I have them at Performics and was just checking the payouts and they don't make much sense:

Tiered Structure for Transactions
    A Sales amount between $0 and $100 will pay 1.00%.
    A Sales amount between $100 and $320 will pay 1.50%.
    A Sales amount between $320 and $800 will pay 1.50%.
    A Sales amount between $800 and $3,000 will pay 2.00%.
    A Sales amount more than $3,000 will pay 2.50%.

Tiered Structure for Actions
    A Sales amount between $0 and $100 will pay 7.00%.
    A Sales amount between $100 and $320 will pay 5.50%.
    A Sales amount between $320 and $800 will pay 3.50%.
    A Sales amount between $800 and $3,000 will pay 1.00%.

First I don't know the difference between Transaction and Action. Then under actions, look how the percentage goes down as the sales go up.

If I sell something for $50, I get 7%.
    If I sell something for $850, I get 1%.

Not sure if you read some other threads here on them - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=dhgate

15 years and counting
    I didn't know they were at CJ before and had no idea of their other program at Performics. Thanks for the link.
    I was looking for some Tiered Commission Structure at SAS but I can't find anything. It's only 4.5% whatever the amount.
    Usually at Performics, "Transaction" means "sale" and "Action" means "lead"
    There's no reason for dhgate to pay affiliates on a tiered commission at SAS if it's not part of the agreement. It would be a scam.

ABW Ambassador
    Any update on this? I went ahead and pulled by links but am still wondering if this was ever resolved.

15 years and counting
    I received an answer from Shareasale. Not the kind of answer I was expecting. It was like: Nothing we can do, contact the merchant. Tks, sure I can do that myself.
    I'm not feeling like I need to help the Chinese economy, right now. I didn't contact the merchant and I've no intend to do it. It was faster to delete my links and kiss them good bye. They don't deserve an email or a call. The agreement said 4%, not 1% I'm not going to teach them how to read their own agreement. I consider it's also a network problem. If I'm not paid, they are not paid.

Smile DHgate's commission structure
    Hi,

This is Wei from DHgate and I have recently taken responsibility for our affiliate marketing team. I have seen some of you guys are confused. I would like to explain it, hoping to help you a little.

On both Performics and Shareasale now, we have the same commission structure, actions on Performics means new buyer and transactions means old buyer. On Shareasale, we have something like the order ID to identify whether it is new buyer or old buyer

At the moment our company is focusing on acquiring more new buyer, so getting new buyer, no matter on which level in the commission structure, will be more beneficial for publishers than getting old buyer.

We are going to change the content on our affiliate page because some information is out of date. Please refer to the terms and introductions on Performics and Shareasale.

I would also like you to know that DHgate.com has become the proud recipient of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 China 2008 award, a prestigious award that recognizes excellence in high-tech companies in the fields of technology, media and telecommunications.

We will work hard to keep a win-win partnership with our publishers.

If you have more questions, please e-mail me on: caowei@dhgate.com

Thank you

Wei Cao

Welcome to ABW Wei
    Quote Originally Posted by GAffiliatemerchant
    On both Performics and Shareasale now, we have the same commission structure, actions on Performics means new buyer and transactions means old buyer.
    I am very confused. Neither the terms in SaS or GAN have changed as of this morning, so which programs terms have been updated?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread