Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Children are Walking for Charity
    My children, ages 9 and 11, and I are walking in a 5k walk to benefit the Children's Tumor Foundation. The walkathon is designed to raise awareness and funds for research and to support those affected by Neurofibromatosis (NF), a neurological disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerve endings. My children have NF. I am walking in honor of my children and all other children with NF. Right now there is no cure for NF and I am walking to help change that.

The first thing my children did when I told them I was going to walk was empty their piggy banks and sponsor me. Then my children asked to walk as well so we formed a team. They have set a goal to raise $2,000 for our team which we call "Full of Hope". If you could please sponsor our team or even join our team. My children are hoping to see a cure for NF. I am proud that as young as they are they approach this with such a proactive, mature and positive outlook.

It is not easy to live with the uncertainty of NF, I know, I have it too. What is even harder though, is your children having NF. The funds we raise will go towards research for a cure and support for children and families affected by NF.

The walk is on Oct 4, on Staten Island. This is the day before the NYC Affiliate Summit so if you are in town you can join us. If you'd like to join us let me know, we'd be honored to have you join our team and walk. It is only 5K and everyone is welcome, adults and children.

If you can, please sponsor us at http://ctf.org/walk/donate.html After entering donation amount - For box "My donation is given" select Support a Walker from drop down then in "Enter recognition Name" type in my name Melanie Seery or pm me for my children's name.

My children really want to meet their goal. They've gotten some donations from friends and neighbors but still have a way to go. I want them to see that hope and their actions can accomplish great things. Thanks for any help in keeping strong their hope for a cure.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

http and a telephoto
    I used "Support a Team", and you can tell the kids it was so they got credit too

I may try and join you, not sure right at the moment.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you, Debbie! It means a lot to me & them. They are so excited to be doing the walk. My kids (& I)would love to have you walk with us.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm on board. I'm happy to have some way, any way, to thank Mellie for her hard work on behalf of NY affiliates and to support this worthwhile cause. I also think it's awesome that she raised such neat kids who want to contribute to finding a cure for NF by putting feet to pavement.

Go team!!!

Thumbs up
    Go Team!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

http and a telephoto
    We will have another little way to help that will be announced Friday.
    Deborah Carney

Thanks Rhea My kids are so excited about walking. We do other things for NF awareness but they are super excited about this one.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Thank you for your support and donations Haiko!
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

That is wonderful! Doing stuff like that with your kids is great, you will see tons of pride in their eyes when they are walking!

I don't have a bunch extra right now, but I realize that all of the little stuff adds up. PM sent and funds soon on their way.

-sfcom

My budget is stretched a bit right now, but you can count me in too. Every little bit helps! What great kids... and mom too!

Update: Just donated! Good luck with the walk.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Thanks, meadowmuffin & Sfcom & jodyq!

We really appreciate everyone's donations and support. Going to take pictures during the walk and might even try to videotape part of it. I'll post them as soon as possible after the walk and will also post our total raised when I get it.

It really means a lot to my children and to me. You are all amazing, thank you all.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Thanks for the reminder. Meant to do this yesterday and forgot.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Aww, thanks Greg
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Wish we could join you but will be thinking of you that day. So we'll be there in spirit.

Praying for good weather for you all. Go Kids and Mellie!

pm sent too.

Thank you Ladidah for your support and for donating.

With all the support shown here by everyone we really feel like everyone is walking with us.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

It's a beautiful fall day for our walk. As we walk, we'll be thinking of ABW who helped us raise over $1,600 at last estimate! Thank you all.

If you are in Staten Island this morning come join us. The walk is in Clove Lake Park. Check in at 9 and the walk starts at 10.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

http and a telephoto
    Well you are already walking, so you won't see this, but I hope it goes well and you have a lovely stroll with your kids and new people. Will look forward to a blog post about it.

See you TOMORROW!
    Deborah Carney

Just gettin to this now. Probably might be done the walk by now so guess I'll hope that none of you have any blisters. for you and the kids. Had never heard of this disease before, really very sorry that you all have it and really hope they find a cure very, very soon.

for you as a Mom, too cos you've obviously raised two pretty great kids Hope the footies don't feel too bad.

Oh my goodness!!! I forgot to make the donation. The day I had posted, computer got a virus and it took me a couple of hours to get rid of the thing and I had just forgot. Sorry Mellie. Going to see if I can still donate now.

-sfcom

EDIT: "Thank you for your donation to the Children's Tumor Foundation."

Hope you have a good walk! Go mellie and kids!

Weather here: Sunny day, with cool and brisk temperature. I'd say perfect for a walk. Hope the weather was good where you are.

I am still working on getting a short video & some pictures uploaded but just wanted to post a little report.

I received an update from the director for the fundraiser. The goal for the CTF walk was $10,000. By the end of Sat we all had raised over $17,000!! Not sure yet what our team's total was, somewhere over $1,600 and donations are still coming in. It is just overwhelming. The walk itself was wonderful, perfect weather and a great turnout, almost 200 walkers plus local coverage from channel 1 news.

My children were happy to meet others affected by NF and we all had a lot of fun. We all got a medal at the finish line and my children were very proud (and I am very proud of them). Most importantly we are all hopeful that there will be a cure someday.

The support from my friends at ABW has meant a lot to me and to my children. We thank you all.

I'll post some photos as soon as I can. (It will probably be after Think Tank.)
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Yay - great accomplishment and I'm sure the kids feel very good about their contribution!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Congrats, this is awesome! You should all be proud
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Many thanks for sharing the footage with me at AS Social Media.

They are terrific kids, but then, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast