Unhappy Trouble with www.qksrv.net
    Having trouble with our Caf Press shopping cart at our conservative buys t-shirt store. It appears to be a CJ problem because the error is with getting to www.qksrv.net and that's a CJ server. I cannot go directly there. If you can't, then some of your customers can't either...

With my Caf Press store, some customers (and me at my computer) cannot "Add Item To Cart" with affiliate items. Our affiliate sales are way off the last couple of days.

Browser doesn't seem to matter. When they click "Add Item To Cart", a window pops up that says:

Server not Found.
    Firefox can't find the server at www.qksrv.net.

You can get to the shopping cart from the "View Cart" button upper right on each page. But you cannot "Add Item To Cart."

By accident, I discovered that, once you open the "Need assistance" window (click the link on the shopping cart page), you can then go back and add items to the cart, shopping normally.

No matter whether you close that "Need assistance" window, leave it open, close or leave open the Error window. Just opening and closing the "Need assistance" window disables the "Server not found" window and allows normal shopping.

I've opened/closed browsers, emptied caches, used all the browsers we have, restarted the computer, all the basic stuff. It hasn't worked for me for months now but we thought it was some setting I couldn't figure out. Now we know it's happening with customers.

Unfortunately, the only way to know if you are having this problem is to either have it on your own computer or have a customer email you. Any idea how can I can fix this?

I contacted Caf Press, they say it's not them (because it's not happening on that CS Rep's computer...) I've also just opened a ticket with CJ so waiting to hear what they say. At a loss here for the moment.

Thank you!

Working just fine for me. Perhaps your area or country is blocked?

No, my husband's computer and my computer are in the same room. Works on his... and the customers that emailed us saying they couldn't add item to cart are in the U.S. (We are in Costa Rica.)

Thank you!

"ping qksrv.net"
    or
    "tracert qksrv.net" does not look good (i.e no response).

However the web server load find in my browers...weird..

Nakedgamer could you post your ping or tracert (delete the first lines if you want to keep your location private) to that server?

Here is my ping:
    C:\>ping qksrv.net
    Ping request could not find host qksrv.net. Please check the name and try again.

and tracert:
    C:\>tracert qksrv.net
    Unable to resolve target system name qksrv.net.

does this have anything to do with ad blocking software like Norton's or something similar?

Lightbulb
    I can't ping or tracert either, and no ad blocking software on here. It shouldn't be due to that, anyway. sounds like a dns server problem or cut cable.

wonder if it is resulting in low stats for cj?

just saw this on cnn record outages on the net but that does not explain the computer net to you not being able to reach it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/09/....ap/index.html

and the qksrv.com comes in clear on the ping
    .net does not resolve but is current till (Record expires on 08-Jan-2009)
    the .net does however resolve for me here if i type it right into the browser so it could be some sort of switching issue on the mediaplex name server like Herb mentioned.

my guess is one of the VC personnel still has problems keeping up to date (seen it before). A work around might be to change to another know tracking domain and to call CJ to tell them to Wake TFU!

If you upgraded to Firefox 3 that's probably the problem. It's very buggy and I have the same issue on other sites. The problem has something to do with it's cache. Try doing a hard refresh on the url by holding down the shift key while pressing refresh

delsol, CJ has never setup qksrv.net by itself, without the www, so try again with the www and you should resolve.

Looks like things are in the middle of something, the opendns cache check is showing two different ips (63.215.202.74/northern cal & 216.34.209.13 southern cal) for www.qksrv.net:
    Results for www.qksrv.net
    United States
    New York, California, USA

* track.cj.akadns.net

USA Palo Alto
    * track.cj.akadns.net

Seattle,
    * track.cj.akadns.net

Washington, USA Washington, DC, USA
    * track.cj.akadns.net

Europe
    London, England, UK

* track.cj.akadns.net
    BTW, akamai is consistently giving out the 216.34.209.13 address.

Since CJ doesn't play by ieft rules, and ignorantly maintains that there DNS is handled by akamai, maybe they should knock it off w/ pointing the a record back to the root servers. And just keep the C pointed to track.cj.akadns.net, so the charade can smoothly continue.
    "Searching for www.qksrv.net A record at ns1.mediaplex.com [64.158.223.64]: Got CNAME of track.cj.akadns.net. and referral to g.root-servers.net [took 43 ms] NOTE: One or more CNAMEs were encountered. www.qksrv.net is really track.cj.akadns.net. "
    Tuan
    [url="http://www.wholesaler.com"]Wholesaler.com[/url]

Thanks TLE.

Confirmed www.qksrv.net does ping & trace.

I'm surprised they don't have an additional DNS record like *.qksrv.net

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread