ABW Ambassador
    Well, not doubt this will get deleted.

I've seen most of these before on my travels. Quite a few from the same person.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
    I've seen most of these before on my travels. Quite a few from the same person.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

these = these 'posts' or these 'sites'?

ABW Ambassador
    sites.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If your affiliate ebiz plan is lie to and deceive shoppers to entice them to click bogus offer links to set your cookie, your no better then any theftware operator. At least the BHO's present valid coupons and rebates during their traffic hijacking schemes.

I say the networks owe the honest affiliates a concerted effort to eliminiate all the deception and sleeze plays that are destroying the faith of shoppers in the affilate referral business. Where's the difference between posting your selling a certain merchants $4000 Plasma TV screens for 1295.00 ...click here for this deal... landing the shopper on a popular merchants site to set the cookie. Sure there's no 46" Plasma TV screen on sale there for anywhere near that amount! Sleezebag plan executed overwriting other affiliate's cookie to that popular merchant or a new cookie hoping the DUPED shopper buys something.

MERCHANTS: Drop all coupons for the Holiday shopping season and offer only free freight deals as they're much more effective. Eliminate the confusion facing your Holiday shoppers, and lower cart abandoning ratio, by removing the checkout section requesting a coupon/rebate/special code. MERCHANTS will not loose any sales volume, make more profit per sale, eliminate a huge percent of BHO's payouts for Holiday sales. Try it Merchants ...you'll like the results and you can offer more discount specials for impulse buys and long term customer acquisition for your own internally run loyality/incent program.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on October 26, 2003 at 10:58 AM.]

Sounds like a lot of deception here.

Heck, even the title of this thread is a brain teaser.

Maybe I'm just a little slow ....

Wasn't for Mike & Charlie's post, I wouldn't have had a clue.

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread