I hope they don't owe any of you a lot of $$$

X10

CDC

What do you consider alot????

I would say if I was making over $50 a month with them I would be upset.
    I only every got 1 commission from them so I'm not too broken up about it.

I did like their hot babe banners though... JK

CDC

Crap! They owe me $650!

It should be more but they reversed all but 1 transaction in Sept (very rarely had a reversal with them before). And havent sold that much this month. Had great conversions (without that popup) too on my home security pages darn it!

Oh well, off to get rid of some links.

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO as another Ad Whore middleman pushing crappy products bites the dust owing other Ad whores in their wake.

"SEATTLE - X10 Wireless (news - web sites) Technology, known for ubiquitous Internet ads showing scantily clad women as seen from miniature wireless cameras, has filed for protection in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition.
    Related Links
    • Chapter 11 Petition [PDF] (FindLaw) The petition for reorganization was filed Tuesday, two weeks after a Superior Court jury in Santa Ana, Calif., ordered X10 to pay $4.3 million to three brothers who said the company stole proprietary technology and failed to pay $564,000 in advertising related commissions.

The jury has yet to decide on punitive damages for Tim, Chris and Russell Vanderhook, founders of AdvertisementBanners.com in Yorba Linda, Calif., listed in the bankruptcy filing as X10's largest unsecured creditor at $3.9 million.

X10's lawyer, Ada Ko, said the filing resulted from overall business problems rather than the Vanderhooks' case. ... "The lawsuit was just another creditor," Ko said.

Sure seems those who are able to pop-up 20 billion Ads and send out 5 billion spams to those folks not wanting them had the perfect business model for making money. Maybe their hidden list brokers for the privacy info sell-offs stiffed them for their cut on the side deals. Poster Child of the DMA is looking pretty week.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Are you callin me an Ad Whore?

~Ruth Barrick Golden

Heck no gettnthar. I would called you someone duped into promoting an Ad Whore bigtime if you earned 650.00 from that POS program. X-10 was so overexposed they made a Tittlie Bar dancer look fully dressed.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Okay -- but I ordered their cameras and they do the job, so I felt No problem in promoting them.

And, I did not promote them big time -- just had a good listing in se's, plus a few penny ppc's.

~Ruth Barrick Golden

Thank your lucky stars this middleman Ad-nausium company didn't get you like they did these others.....

""The privately held firm, based in Kent, Wash., estimated its assets at between $1 million and $10 million, and its debts at between $10 million and $50 million.

X10 owes Los Angeles law firm Sheppard Mullin Richter Ham $667,412; Microsoft $459,264; Yahoo $346,128; Google $69,984; and America Online $85,413. It also owes $95,047 to Overture Services, which was recently acquired by Yahoo."

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    It's amazing. Today I was contacted again to run their affiliate program. Although it was another salesman...
    Is anyone receiving these emails, or am I the only one flooded with them?

Irma to resolve your dilemma on whether to push the X-10 Ad Whore mentality on your visitors just visit their site. After enduring that popup hell hole of gorrilla marketing you'll almost have to shut down your system and reboot to get rid of the damn exit popups. I don't care if they come out with aX-20 new improved product ...the marketing techniques is definitely all about pushing toilet cams from some Tiwain sweat house with instruction in broken english on a 4x6" folded piece of rice paper.

X-10 on it's own set the bar for all other Ad whores to follow making the Pets.com sock puppet a cult figure on how to blow 400 million in Advertising fees. PS...don't ever try to get more then 4 of those POS cameras to work on a single system.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Mike.
    Well, I already turned them down, but what irritated me was that they are still contacting me ....
    Mike, I enjoy reading your posts - you have a unique style!

I enjoy all compliments coming from classy redheads. I sure hope my overall style is speaking honestly on what I feel would benefit the entire industry. Putting real value into each and every click so shoppers seek us out and ignor blatent advertising ridden with time wasting gimics.

Mike & Charlie ...

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread