Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    Preventing Lead Fraud
    I would appreciate any pointers on ways to prevent lead fraud and common fraud techniques to look out for. For starters I know that these programs most be monitored closely, so I will be only accepting affiliates after I review them and then monitor them closely. I will limit the number of affiliates until they are proven to be quality affiliates and then I will continue to add new ones. Obviously I will be analyzing the IP addresses and also be referencing them to each affiliate. The leads will also be contacted to ensure that they are actual leads.

By the way these will be high cost leads for debt settlement...

What else should I look out for?

Thanks,

Chris

You know I have a question for you, this might be silly, but why don't have the people/leads have a valid cc just to confirm the person/lead. That right there will cut the what ifs and oh no's. With of course a good statement like CC used only to verify ID you will not be charged! Of course there is a $1.00 hold that is released in 2-5 business days. There you would not have to be so worried about it. It would also cut your time in half as reviewing would be easier.
    As far as what to look out for, suspicious email addresses. Do you have a address verifier that goes through USPS? Like tons of 100 main st portland oregon, and so on. But I think if you don't have CC Verification you should look in to it? Thank you for reading

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    You know I have a question for you, this might be silly, but why do you not have a valid cc just to confirm the person/lead. That right there will cut the what ifs and oh no's. With of course a good statement like CC used only to verify ID you will not be charged! Of course there is a $1.00 hold that is released. There you would not have to be so worried about it. It would also cut your time in half as reviewing would be easier.
    It sounds like a good idea, but the one issue that will probably arise is that a lot of these people have bad credit, thus many of them may not have a valid credit card.

CC verification also goes with prepaid debit cards, the US Patriot act now requires the prepaid debit cards to perform ID checks, I don't know not one person who doesn't have a Debit or credit card and some of my friends could not finance a six pack of beer with a deposit.

Ok last post Promise I just had a great suggestion
    Ok so if cc verification is difficult, SSN verification. Tons of software out there that is cheaper than losing thousands of dollars more or less? Because if affiliates do fraud most likely they aren't going to have correct SSN's and Debt settlement you have to include a ssn right?

I would suggest going through a consumer information aggregator that associates both address and phone numbers to consumers names. If these people have bad credit, they will certainly be in their system. Also, look into IP address intelligence API's if you have the budget for it. Also, immediately shooting an e-mail to the consumer with a "verify your information" will deter amateur scam artist and may produce higher lead quality by ensuring consumer interest.

Quote Originally Posted by bs0101
    I would suggest going through a consumer information aggregator that associates both address and phone numbers to consumers names.
    Do you know of a good CIA to use?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Credit card verification will lower the number of leads. You need to include the affiliate ID as part of the lead data. Then monitor lead volume daily and when you see spikes investigate. Send a spreadsheet with queued leads to the merchant and ask for verification within two weeks. They should be able to give you a response on how may had disconnected phone. Contact the errant affiliate and give them 48 hrs to respond with how they are driving leads. If they fail kill the commissions and deactivate the affiliate. Any affiliate who drive volume of leads and is on vacation is a liar.

Chuck,

Thanks for the tips.

Chris

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread