Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Merchants Who Have Disappeared
    I've had a few choice words to say in other sub forums in the past about theHomeMarketplace and Walter Drake, and now I see, with no notice that I recall ever receiving, that both have disappeared from Popshops.

There is a thread here where merchants new to PS are listed; I think we also need a thread listing merchants that leave.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I agree! It would be great to have a sticky thread (similar to the SAS offline merchants) listing merchants no longer on PopShops and those with problems. For instance, I just noticed that a CollectiblesToday shop redirected everything to their Canadian site. The feed is totally screwed up with U.S. and Canadian prices mixed and no way of telling (except if you're familiar with their products). And it doesn't make any difference anyway: the U.S. ones are redirected to the Canadian site.

OverstockJewelers links all went to their home page so that feed was pulled and has been offline for awhile. I was told a corrected feed should be up shortly (by Allen/AMWSO).

It is not pleasant to discover a blank page or that links don't go where they should.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Arghhhhhhhh - if we're not careful, we'll shoot the messenger. LOL - Meaning that it ain't Pop Shops, it's the merchants but it's really easy to get annoyed with Pop Shops when we see out pages empty or screwy.

I think it's a great idea to have a thread going with merchants who are messing up our Pop Shops.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

No one's blaming PopShops. They are extremely responsive about pulling bad feeds. I don't expect PS to email users about pulling feeds and I don't believe that the AMs/merchants know which of their affs use PS, so we can't expect notification there.

But it would be great to have a way to share info about pulled/bad feeds or merchants no longer with PS.
    Renée

ABW Ambassador
    We could just start one (this thread could be it), sticky it and add to it as we find them, help each other out. There was one recently I was using that just vanished and the merchant is still online, they just stopped having them available for some reason, I guess problems with the feed or something.

ABW Ambassador
    How about merchants that also are still available in Popshops but disappeared (deactivated). I was just in there looking for something that Go NSI carried, clicked the link and it said expired. They terminated from CJ a month ago (Sept 2), so -

Go NSI (CJ) - needs to be removed from Pop Shops

I agree with you. Good thing you brought this up. Thanks for that!

This is fine but in the past I have e-mailed Matt at merchants@popshops.com and have let him know when a merchant is deactivated and he usually gets on it within several hours of me sending the e-mail. When he does remove a merchant, if you have a product in a shop for that merchant, you will get an e-mail from him stating the merchant has been removed and you need to replace the product.

I find that e-mailing PopShops direct is faster than posting here as Matt, Dan and Jessie are busy and don't visit ABW as often as most of us do.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Go NSI (CJ) - needs to be removed from Pop Shops
    What I do:

1. email Popshops support and let them know merchant + network + problem
    2. Notify the merchant's AM
    3. Post the merchant + network + problem here
    As merchants can be on more than one network, it's important to list the networks also. They may have left one network but their feed works on another one or maybe none of their feeds work.

P.S. - Trust, thanx mucho for making this a sticky.
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; October 4th, 2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: P.S. / Clarify
    Renée

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    This is fine but in the past I have e-mailed Matt at merchants@popshops.com and have let him know when a merchant is deactivated and he usually gets on it within several hours of me sending the e-mail. When he does remove a merchant, if you have a product in a shop for that merchant, you will get an e-mail from him stating the merchant has been removed and you need to replace the product.

I find that e-mailing PopShops direct is faster than posting here as Matt, Dan and Jessie are busy and don't visit ABW as often as most of us do.
    I like this way better so it's all in one place and easy for people to see. As far as deactivated merchants like the example I have above, that merchant should have been removed a month ago. It takes literally a minute to login to CJ and check out that deactivated merchant list. I would do that every morning and at the other networks as well. And you can still email them as well. You don't have to post in this thread if you don't want to. It's just easier for me to post then email every single time. Also posting here and they can get an email every time somebody posts in this thread, Tools - Subscribe To Thread.

I really think this thread has now confused two totally different issues.

My original reason for starting this thread was to have a place to check for merchants that have left Popshops, for whatever reason - out of business, inactive, or just abandoning affiliates (as HomeMarketplace and WDrake did). Looking at new posts on this thread once a week or so would be infinitely easier than looking through the merchant list on PS to try to tell who is missing, or even checking inactive products, for perhaps thousands of shops.

It appears there is no way to stay on top of this problem unless affiliates help each other by posting such merchants here.

Merchants who are still active on PS but who have problems with their feeds is a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Arghhhhhhhh - if we're not careful, we'll shoot the messenger. LOL - Meaning that it ain't Pop Shops, it's the merchants but it's really easy to get annoyed with Pop Shops when we see out pages empty or screwy.

I think it's a great idea to have a thread going with merchants who are messing up our Pop Shops.
    I was not at all being critical of PS, I was being critical of active merchants who quit PS and cannot take the time or effort to notify their affiliates, and while it would also be helpful to post information about merchants whose PS feeds are messed up or terribly out-of-date, on a thread here as well, the best solution for that is, as others here have stated, inform PS and most importantly, contact the merchant.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

This is a great issue (set of issues) and we'll come up with something to address them.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

ABW Ambassador
    Halloween Only - CJ

Went to get something from them but it was CJ expired. I couldn't even find them at CJ not even on Deactivated List, so not sure about them.

Orange County Choppers - OCC

They have disappeared from Popshops but are still on Pepperjam. My Popshop still has working product links so I've left it and have even had some sales from it - but I can't update it now. It's so frustrating! ... and confusing.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Go to this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=111477

There are several PJ merchants that have yet to make it back into the feeds but we still have activity for such as OCC and Gotham City Shoes.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

The Pepperjam merchants are slowly making their way back onto the active list. Best advice: pick up the RSS for new merchants from the PopShops feeds and watch the messages that arrive (almost) every day.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Post missing Pepperjam merchants (OCC et al.)
    Regarding Pepperjam's "eFashion" merchants, however, their feeds are still being worked on by the network. We promise to relist these merchants as soon as the feeds become available to us. (Sorry for the frustration, Joyaz.)

Here's the list:

OrangeCountyChoppers.com
    PlayboyStore.com
    ShopTheBunny.com
    BenSherman.com
    JustSweet.com
    BabyPhat.com
    AppleBottoms.com
    Enyce.com, Deréon.com
    Rocawear.com
    PhatFarm.com

~Matt

OverstockJeweler (SAS): temporarily off as the old feed has their previous merchant ID and doesn't work. Allen/PS are working to get the new feed up that has their new one.
    Renée

Post Out with the old, in with the new
    The new Overstock Jeweler feed is up and the old one has been disabled. Notices were sent to everyone with old links in their shops, but if you missed it--and the e-mails from the merchant that preceded the change--here's the gist:

Get rid of your old links, join the new program, put up new links.

Note that both the old and new programs are still showing as active on SAS at the moment; the new one is merchant ID 19654. The Overstock Jeweler merchant page has been updated on PopShops.

~Matt

Unhappy Payless (CJ) still offline
    For those of you wondering whatever happened to CJ's Payless (shoes) feed that went offline at the end of April but was supposed to be back up in a few days, the Affiliate Manager reports that "there have been some issues working out some major errors in the new feed and importing it into CJ."

If you are an active affiliate of this program, you will be e-mailed by the AM when the feed is up and running on CJ (at which point we'll have it too). For now, you should remove all Payless links from your sites as they are currently returning "Page Not Found" errors.

Note: Do not confuse CJ's Payless program with GAN's Payless Decor program (which is working fine).

~Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    For now, you should remove all Payless links from your sites as they are currently returning "Page Not Found" errors.

~Matt
    Do you mean all Payless "product" links? I only have a banner up and it directs to the merchant no problem.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Right, product links. I didn't mean to suggest taking any action outside of what you can do on PopShops (and we're all about the product links).

~Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    Right, product links. I didn't mean to suggest taking any action outside of what you can do on PopShops (and we're all about the product links).

~Matt
    Whooops - sorry - didn't realize this was a Pop Shops thread. Of course only product links. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I just noticed that MIKASA is gone from Popshops.

I remember receiving NO notice about this from Mikasa or PS.

Lots of changes to do, wherever they might be.

Lane Bryant Woman Catalog should be disappearing from Popshops soon since I received a notice that they are now closed and are only honoring commissions through June 11th.

Their data feed has been SO out of date for so long now ... should have seen this coming. Too bad because they had nice stuff at low, low prices.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast