Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador kse's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    Question Should Location of Host = Location of targeted Visitors??
    Just a question about hosting your site in the same country where your main targeted visitors is located. It is my belief that I should host my sites in the same country where I the targeted visitors are. Am I correct in saying this?? My Concern is search engine ranking in the respective countrys.

    So..

    US Focus Site should be hosted in the US
    Canadian Focus Site should be hosted in Canada
    And UK Focus Site would be hosted in the UK??????
    Last edited by kse; September 19th, 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Spelling what else is new.......

  2. #2
    AM Navigator Geno Prussakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2005
    Location
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by kse
    ...It is my belief that I should host my sites in the same country where I the targeted visitors are. Am I correct in saying this?? My Concern is search engine ranking in the respective countrys.
    Since the majority of people use Google, you may find this thread of help, kse.

    Geno

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador kse's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    Thank you Geno, I missed that discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Since the majority of people use Google, you may find this thread of help, kse.

    Geno

  4. #4
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Just a question about hosting your site in the same country where your main targeted visitors is located. It is my belief that I should host my sites in the same country where I the targeted visitors are. Am I correct in saying this?? My Concern is search engine ranking in the respective countrys.

    So..

    US Focus Site should be hosted in the US
    Canadian Focus Site should be hosted in Canada
    And UK Focus Site would be hosted in the UK??????
    I'm pretty sure it has an influence. One time, I had a host with servers in UK and US. Some of my sites were hosted in UK and my UK traffic for these sites was much better than my US traffic. I had to make a change. So, yes, it's better to have a host in the same country where your targeted visitors are.

  5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. LOCATION SET for the ABW "No-Host" Gathering - Jan 19, 5:00 pm
    By Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound in forum Events and Gatherings
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2015, 08:55 AM
  2. Location, Location, Location
    By Witzer in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 8th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •