Just noticed that many product links that begin with 100xxxxx seem to be behaving erratically, i.e. sometimes they work just fine, but other times they lead to an error page like this:

------------

Invalid Link

There is a problem with the link you have specified, please notify the webmaster of the hosting site.

Back to previous page.
    OK
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, techops@cj.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------

Anyone else having the same problems, or is it just my computer?

Thanks.

VAN

ABW Ambassador
    Mike just brought our attention to JC whitney links doing something similiar. I found over 10 links having that problem.
    Cazzie

quote:
    Originally posted by Van:

Invalid Link

There is a problem with the link you have specified, please notify the webmaster of the hosting site.

Back to previous page.
    OK
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, techops@cj.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------

Anyone else having the same problems, or is it just my computer?

Thanks.

VAN

Van, I had the same problem when a merchant created product links and I posted them instantly.

The merchant checked with CJ and was told the links may take a few hours to populate the system correctly.

If these are new links, then that may be the problem. If not, then it's CJ's goof!

Allen

I spoke to an engineer and was told that the length of ad ID's is not a problem. I also looked into a few sales for ads in the same format and they seem to be ok. I am not saying the problem you are experiencing does not exist but other ads are working properly. If you think there is a problem then gather as many details as possible and contact customer service. Customer service can be reached by logging into your account; then go to the pull down menu for Support and select Ask A Question.

Now about JCW. I will ask some guys in tracking to run some checks.
    ==
    Blaine

Business Intelligence Analyst
    Commission Junction - The Largest Pay-For-Performance Ad Network
    http://www.cj.com

Thanks, I've already submitted a query to CJ Help, and am waiting to hear a response from them.

Well, the thing is I have now come across the same type of error linking codes from 2 merchants, one of them being Zappos, e.g. 10007235, which I believe is a pair of Charles David boot. So I would think the problem is rather more network-wide than restricted to just my old PC. Then again, sometimes the same code would work just fine. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

http://www.qksrv.net/click-1-10007235
    (I hope PID=1 is CJ's own and not some affiliate's PID [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Anyway, thanks again.

VAN

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I clicked on the above link and get the same server error.

WebMaster Mike

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I clicked on the above link and get the same server error.

WebMaster Mike

ditto for me.

A few of the many tracking servers had an issue and it was cleared up today. The problem was intermitent and isolated to less than 3000 clicks. Not good but not catastrophic. The good news is publishers have been doing extremely well over the past few days. The holliday seasons must be in full swing, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. These boards are convenient but there is a process for resolving problems and it starts with Customer Service. Thanks for pointing this out in the Ask A Question area.
    ==
    Blaine

Business Intelligence Analyst
    Commission Junction - The Largest Pay-For-Performance Ad Network
    http://www.cj.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread