Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I lost my Guinness
    Mike and I made the very difficult decision yesterday to have our beloved Guinness dog put down. We were on vacation in OBX and were lucky enough to find the most compassionate veterinarian who met us at this office at 7am on Sunday morning to ease Guinness out of this life. I couldn't have wished for someone so profoundly generous and understanding.
    Guinness was THE best dog anyone could have ever wanted.
    He was loved and will be remembered forever.
    I ask everyone who reads this to raise a pint of Guinness and toast to the best and most loyal dog there ever was.
    Ever.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

I'm sure sorry to hear about Guinness. As pet lovers we're forced to take the bad with the good and it always brings a tear to my eye to hear the stories. I empathize greatly and offer my sadness and sympathy for you...

X

thank you Boomers.
    He was my best friend.
    Dyan Carlson

I lost my little girl in April. There is not much in this world better than a kind, loyal and loving dog. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm so sorry to hear about Guiness. The hardest part about having a dog is they don't have a long enough lifespan. The price we pay for loving them is losing them. Some day some scientist will figure out how to significantly improve their longevity and that person will be hailed as a hero by millions of dog lovers.

Haiko, I'm sad to hear about your doggie, too. She was a cutie!

http and a telephoto
    **hugs**
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

My heartfelt condolences about your dog Guiness. It truly is a profound loss when an amazing dog passes away.

The http://www.petlossmessageboard.com website's message board was one of the few things that helped me process my grief when our dog died last year. Give yourself time to grieve and heal. I truly am sorry for your loss.

-WM

My sincere condolences, D.

Only those that have lost a dog before can identify. I feel your pain. Lost my best friend (Bull Terrier Teddy) some two years ago, but the scar is still aching... Stay strong. There is no reason not to believe that dogs go to heaven.

Geno

PS: As soon as I find some good Guinness (you know I'm a fan of it), I will raise my pint to your dog.

I had an idiot tell me once that dogs and cats and other loving animals we share our lives with would not be in heaven.

Obviously, the idiot never truly shared the love of a dog. My condolences.
    Generate more fake news.

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sorry to hear about Guinness. My thoughts are with you.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

guinness618
    I'm really very, very sorry. Have only ever had two doggies and a cat which both really lived extremely long lives for animals. Snuffy and Tiger both got to the point where they had to be put down.

Please....no guilt pains from that. You made the correct decision even tho it's a very, very difficult one to make. He's not suffering any longer. I agree with all of what the others have said. Definitely agree that if there's a heaven for people, our pets are there, too.

I'm sure that Snuffy, Tiger, Haiko's doggie and Teddy were there to welcome Guinness and they've all become best buddies by now. I know it doesn't seem so now but honest in time you will be able to have happy thoughts of him with smiles instead of tears. Took me a really long time for the tears to leave, but they will. The best thing really is to get another pet soon so you can give all that love you've got to another doggie in need of it. Guinness would be happy to know you're making another doggie or cat's life happy cos he definitely loved you and your husband as much as you loved him. He doesn't wanna see either of you sad.

Really am very, very sorry for both you and your husband.

Haiko and Geno - I'm very, very sorry about your losses, too.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    I am so sorry about Guiness and the other beloved furkids that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. It is so hard to say goodbye. Whenever we lost a patient at the clinic we gave the owners a copy of the Rainbow Bridge poem and it comforts me when I lose one of mine.
    The Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

I am sorry to hear about Guinness and I am glad that you found a great vet to ease the pain on that Sunday morning. It is for the best so that he won't be suffering. I look at my puppy every day (he's 6 so no puppy really) and think what we would do if he went. My kids LOVE him to death and are totally obscessed with him.

Take time to heal. Remember all the quarky, fun, crazy things that he did. I am sure he had some. Would love to see a picture of him. {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    My thoughts are with all of you on the loss of your beloved family members. I am sure they knew how very much they were loved and were thankful for all that you did for them.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I'm so sorry to hear about your Guinness. We had to have our Daisy put down this past spring and I think it was just about the hardest thing that I have had to do in my life. There aren't words that make it better, only time. Guinness was lucky to have had such a compassionate, caring owner.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Awwww so sorry for your pain right now Guinness. Pets are like our kids. We love them so much it hurts. Putting a pet down is so hard but a great act of compassion and love to be able to let them go and ease their suffering.

There was a post going around about why dogs live shorter lives than humans - because they learn quickly to love unconditionally and that's the mission so they've accomplished what they came here for.

Bless Guinness pup on his journey to heaven.He's in good company.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    My condolences.

I can never come up with any more words for tragic events...

so sorry to hear about Guinness - superCool will raise a pint for Guinness (and you too)

would you be willing to post a pic?

your friend, superCool

Here's a picture of the Guinness.
    He was waiting for the mailman who always left him a doggie cookie.

Someone please tell me this gets easier...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dyan Carlson

Guinness was lucky to have a family that loved him enough to let him go when it was time. Remember the good days and let the rest go, it is what Guinness would want.

The picture looks like my newest dog who showed up a few weeks ago. She's just called BigDog right now but maybe I'll name her Guinness. She's a sweetheart.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Awwww, How Handsome!!

I wish I could tell you when it will get easier, but I can't. You obviously loved him so truly and deeply. Making the difficult decision to let a pet go is heart wrenching but it really is one of the kindest things we can do for them when their quality of life isn't what it used to be. He was so lucky to have such loving and caring parents. Hugs
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

I wanted to again thank all of you for your words of support.
    And to let you know that we welcomed a new member to our family!
    He's 18 months old, a beautiful black german shepard boy who we've named Luca (after Luca Brasi from the Godfather). Very sweet and well-mannered, I found him online through a local Humane Society.
    When Mike comes home this weekend, I'll have him take some pictures so you can see my new boy.
    Guinness' ashes are in our bedroom for now until I can find the right time to bury him.
    My pack feels complete again.
    Dyan Carlson

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm so happy for you! I hope you have many happy years and family memories ahead of you with Luca. (Great name, BTW.)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Glad that you found Luca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast