Can't get PopShops.com to load in my browser?
    Anybody else having problems today getting to PopShops.com? I've tried several times over the last half hour and I keep getting it to time out.

Grrr. If I have any real complaints about PopShops, it's the number of times in any given week that the server is slow, or won't load, or something. Happens two or three times a week for me.

Maybe that's not so bad. Don't mean to complain, but ... no shops loading = no money making.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    I am having the same problem for all day. Sometimes it won't log me in, sometimes it took forever to log in, and while I was working on the shop, it suddently log me out...then I had to start all over again.

Now the entire popshops site is down and all my shops are showing Page Not Fund error

Mine are inaccessible as well, and yes - that is the sole issue I have with PopShops, but the frequency is more like once every few months for me and lasts a very short time.

When things like this happen, the PopShops team responds extremely rapidly. So unless a major quake has decimated the Pacific Northwest, I feel confident they're doing their level best to resolve the problem.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

It's loading for me, but soooooooooooo slooooooooooooooow...

Geno

I'm already seeing progress.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

And, as if by magic, all shops in all my stores are visible and working fine (and FAST!)
    Be at peace,
    Casey

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    I'm already seeing progress.
    Not for me...my browser kept searching and searching for over 5 minutes, still couldn't log in. It was like this for all day.

Edit: before Jesse come and ask if I had my shops status turn on which will slow down the dash board loading...No, I don't have my shop stats turn on.

Mayfly, have you run a ping and a traceroute between you and Popshops.com? I noticed a few times today that there has been congestion on a few of the route points between California and the PopShops server. Right now there is a delay within the us.ce.gin.ntt.net (near Seattle) path. That may be contributing to the connection problem.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

ABW Ambassador
    Mayfly, have you run a ping and a traceroute between you and Popshops.com? I noticed a few times today that there has been congestion on a few of the route points between California and the PopShops server. Right now there is a delay within the us.ce.gin.ntt.net (near Seattle) path. That may be contributing to the connection problem.
    Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry, I can't answer you question .

Now I got the Proxy Error message

I submitted a support ticket this am and I am glad to see I'm not the only one.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Boningroup,
    Your issues are different than this particular issue.
    Apologies, but there was a data center glitch and everyone is aware and on it.

Jessie
    Last edited by JessieJ; September 22nd, 2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: edit typo
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

This is the second time today that this has happened. I am getting an error message in the wordpress dashboard (at the top of my screen) and also at the top of my webpages on my website.

I don't understand why popshops being down if affecting pages that don't have popshops on them.

This is the error I am getting at the top of my pages (I removed specific info about my site):
    "Warning: couldn't connect to host in /home/folder/mywebsitename.com/wp-content/plugins/popshops/popshops.php on line 356"

I had the same problem today with the Proxy error message on my blogs. I had to dissable the plugin otherwise it was unsightly. Anyway, glad it was not just me. I see that happening ever so often too.

Wow, that sounds like sophisticated detective work. mayfly, I am like you I don't know how to trace the pings but as long as it's pinging I'm happy

mayfly, thanks for the tip.........it has been very sssssslllllloooooowwww in spirts for me all week, but I didn't know turning off the status would help...........thx

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsite
    mayfly, thanks for the tip.........it has been very sssssslllllloooooowwww in spirts for me all week, but I didn't know turning off the status would help...........thx
    You are welcome.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    Wow, that sounds like sophisticated detective work. mayfly, I am like you I don't know how to trace the pings but as long as it's pinging I'm happy
    Good to know that there is somebody else on the same boat with me. I don't feel too embarassed anymore.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread