Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Potpourri Group Drastically Reduces Commissions
    A few months ago I joined Potpourri Group (I think I got a solicitation email or offer, or something - I had never heard of them before). They had a handful of products I had some interest in, but not many, and I put up only a few links, and I doubt I ever had a sale with them.

They have a group of sites, some paying 10%, most 12%, and some as much as 15%-20% commissions.

Well, they just sent out an email stating that after "careful consideration and evaluation of both internal and external market factors" they are reducing all commissions to 5%. That, for some sites, is as much as a 75% cut!

Great way to grow a program. Why don't they just end it instead - that would be easier to accept from the affiliate standpoint.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I hear you AffiliateHound, I wasn't thrilled with this new either.

I have posted some of their product links, which luckily can be easily removed through PopShops. I had plans to base some pages around several of their products but for 5% it hardly seems worth the effort now.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Like Affiliate Hound I only added them recently. Haven't exactly gone nuts with their links but then I haven't had a single sale either. So with this news I'll be removing the links I've put up for them. Why send a customer to them when I can send the customer to someone who's willing to pay me a decent commission?

(Now I remember why I don't work with CJ merchants much anymore.)

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Makes me look fondly at the days when they were neglecting their affiliate program. They didn't communicate with you but at least you got your 12% and there were sales. Now, they send out group emails and I have had contact with them, but a 60% decrease in commissions is unacceptable. I emailed them and told them I'll have all my links removed by next wednesday when the 5% goes in effect.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread