Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is something wrong with EPN?
    Follow with me on this...

1st I have noticed that updates to EPN reporting are happening later and later in the day. As I write this the update hasn't even happened for today even for commissions. Mind you it's not too late and they have been late before, even a day or two, but that is not the only thing.

I have heard from a lot of people that EPN takes weeks now to respond to them. Few, if any, ever get a response from EPN even an automated e-mail. Their customer support is basically non-existant. CJ, by far, looks like customer service company of the year in comparison to EPN.

Now there is something else much more sinister going on under the works.

First a couple of weeks ago I got an e-mail from someone saying they applied to EPN and was wondering how long it takes to get approved. To date they have still not gotten approved, OR declined.

Around the same time 2-3 more people e-mailed me asking various things, and also saying they applied to EPN. One got approved for everything BUT Ebay.com US and the UK. All other countries were approved. Not that it does a lot of good as their traffic is nearly 100% USA.

Now throughout these two weeks I get these e-mail updates and none of these people have been approved to Ebay.com US, most not approve for accounts at all.

The list grows longer.

Now we are talking about 15 people waiting for EPN to "review their application".

Let's go further...

A few of them I recommended trying to apply at PepperJamNetwork.com to see if they might get approved quicker that way. While nearly all of them that apply to PJN got approved by nearly immediately. However they have now been waiting over a week and still no approval by Ebay.com.

In addition a couple of people already had EPN accounts and they applied to PJN and got approved by them, but still pending by Ebay.com.

So what is the point? My point is that I have also read around here and there and see that many people are asking "how long does it take" type of questions.

It is like EPN isn't approving ANY new affiliates going on weeks now. If they are few have reported their success but many have reported still "waiting" for approval. Many of them have content rich sites that, IMO, would get approved by just about any network.

What is wrong? Has ebay bitten off more than they can chew? Is something going to happen soon to the program overall?

Some have reported they feel that something has happened to the employees in the EPN program and so poop hit the fan somewhere a few weeks back. They are certainly acting like an affiliate program that is now run by only a few people. Could there be inner turmoil within EPN?

If you look very closely at the last 10-14 days something is just not right. Why not accept new affiliates? Why make them wait weeks? No responses to customer support? Delayed transactions reports?

Mark my words something is wrong.

I've noticed the erratic reporting too. I sent an email last week about a commission reversal on one item and received a reply the next morning though, so other than the reporting I haven't experienced any problems.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    I've noticed the erratic reporting too. I sent an email last week about a commission reversal on one item and received a reply the next morning though, so other than the reporting I haven't experienced any problems.
    My main concern, as reporting has always been flaky even on CJ, is not approving new affiliates. Neither on EPN or PJN. One wrote PJN asking what was taking so long and PJN just said they have had a large number of applications lately to EPN and ebay is going through them one-by-one.

If only one person is reviewing new applications out of possibly hundreds per day, one-by-one, then EPN is really understaffed and that is a major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    If only one person is reviewing new applications out of possibly hundreds per day, one-by-one, then EPN is really understaffed and that is a major issue.
    I wonder how many eBay affiliates are opening multiple accounts now as a way to deal with the quality score? I just applied for a second one for a joint partnership. This legitimate traffic source has huge volume, but an EPC of $1 or less. It still makes a lot of money, so I don't want it to kill it, but I don't want it to pollute my other websites quality scores.

You could imagine eBay getting inundated with new accounts for existing affiliates that need to breakup their traffic sources by quality score in order maximize revenue.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Since the quality score doesn't affect winning bids and commissions (at least it shouldn't) I doubt that the majority of affiliates are running out applying for new accounts.

Those dependant on ACRUs might be running to PJN as the ACRU worth isn't going to change on PJN (according to them) after November 1st, 2008. So they might be bogging down some of the system at PJN, but I doubt it's enough to cause this long of a delay.

isellstuff, is your new account pending or was it auto-approved right away?

X

Yea, that is a good question. I didn't catch that part. Has your new account been approved yet?

eBay US and UK are pending review, all others are approved.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Yup, that is exactly as I said in my original post. I think you will see those pending for weeks if not, forever.

Yet more business days go by and still none of these people are approved or declined. All are still in limbo. Next week will be THREE weeks into pending status for new applicants.

Sorry ebay but I am not going away. I am going to continue to report these issues until you get your act straightened out.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Meg Whitman was the glue that held the pieces together.

Sad to see the puzzle unraveling like this. eBay was (and still could be) a shining example of what is right with the Internet.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yesterday's commissions reported this morning rather than at midnight like it has been recently.

X

Yesterday's commissions reported this morning rather than at midnight like it has been recently.
    Yea, it was actually a nice surprise. I was expecting the delays to get longer and longer.

I completely agree with nakedgamer, there is something seriously wrong at EPN. It's becoming extremely frustrating to work with this program.

ABW Ambassador
    Already available today as well.

Meg Whitman was the glue that held the pieces together.
    Meg Whitman sold 11 million dollars of stock & options in auguest. think she new something?

9:29 pm EST right now and the last commission updates were yesterday at 12:00am/9-28-08.

Meg Whitman sold 11 million dollars of stock & options in auguest. think she new something?
    Not what I and the Securities and Exchange Commission heard. She gifted 5M worth as a tax write-off and sold less than 1M.

come on.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m09/i04/s02

well she could give it to the Easter bunny, but why in August?

Come on,

did you look at the date?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gkear1974

Seems she has the option to sell whatever she wants through Feb 2008.

I'd sell, too if I knew I was leaving. LOL

I'd also sell if I thought the people taking my place were morons.

Am I missing something? If so, please enlighten me. I don't play in the market so I really have no clue what the "rules" are.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Not sure that Meg's actions have any affect or reasoning behind the badly run EPN part of ebay.

Though Meg's leaving sort of coincides with all the stupid policies they have implemented lately on the auction part of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    My new application was approved for eBay US and UK today. It took exactly 14 days to get approved.

Yes, I have heard that approvals have finally started happening.

Hmm... I submitted an app around the first of the month. It's still pending.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Yes, I have heard that approvals have finally started happening.
    yes at the time of recession they would need us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast