Thread: Identifying Music Events In Product Feed Data

Identifying Music Events In Product Feed Data
    Using the product feeds data (Onsale US, Hot Tickets, Promotions) I'm having a hard time finding a way to identify music events, and pick these out from any other events.

Is there an easy way to identify music events and separate these out from all other types of events?

In the data, there are no fields I can find to identify the "category" of events. However, in the Product Feeds area, at the top there is a sample list of "mapped categories" there. These show fields of:

-level1_id
    -simple_category_id

These show Event Ticket categories for Rock, Pop, and others.

The problem is, these fields don't appear in the actual feed data for events.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Chance,

I realize we spoke today but I wanted to make sure I posted to the forum as well. With that said a note to my affiliate family...

Each feed has unique characteristics...some have fields that label the type of event...some do not. We are currently working with Ticketmaster to unify all the data that goes into our feeds and get a broader data set available to our affiliates.

Any feedback you have for the data sets and feed types...please feel free to drop me a line...we are always taking suggestions and know no one's opinion is more important than our affiliates.

Chance - thanks for the post and great talking with you over the phone earlier today. Looking forward to your follow up...

c3

3. Newsletter Signup