Annoying "Introduction" Emails
    I am getting really tired of "introduction" emails sent to me by networks to my general help email address when I am already signed up with the networks and promote them!

In the past month, I have had two of what I would consider to be in the top 10 affiliate networks send me emails saying "I've reviewed your site and I really think you would be a great fit for us, yada yada yada." If they reviewed my site, wouldn't they bother to check the dropdown menu on my main page to see if I am already promoting any of their merchants? In once case, I have 2 different merchants listed there. In the other, I have at least 5 merchants. They are in alphabetical order. How hard would it be? Did they really "review" my site that closely and not notice their own exclusive merchants there??

I can understand an email that says that they notice that I am only promoting a few of their hundreds of merchants and they would like to work with me more closely. But to completely introduce me to their network like I might not have ever heard of them before is really insulting.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Yeah, I hear ya... annoying..

I just received a "you would be great for our program" email from a merchant I already promote! If they use the network channels, wouldn't they already see my site listed as a publisher...?

To be honest, I'm starting to get overwhelmed by the volume of merchant emails lately.

AND.. a new pet peeve (sorry to sidetrack for a sec).. merchants who send emails about "exciting" offers that last 1-2 days.. do they think I have time to announce the promotion, then remove it the next day..??

I'm doing the best I can, but there are only so many hours in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    To be honest, I'm starting to get overwhelmed by the volume of merchant emails lately.
    I have a feeling that in the current economy merchants are scrambling to get sales wherever they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    ... merchants who send emails about "exciting" offers that last 1-2 days.. do they think I have time to announce the promotion, then remove it the next day..??
    I'm with you on that one!!!

X

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread