Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    WAMU bought out? By JP Morgan Chase???
    need i say more! We are advised to remove links asap, due to this.
    Sad to see smaller banks go to big heartless banks like jp morgan. Any thoughts out there in forum land?

ABW Ambassador
    "Sad to see smaller banks go to big heartless banks like jp morgan.

WaMu is the LARGEST bank to fail in U.S. history!
    It was MY BANK and all the folks at MY BRANCH have been talking about this for weeks.

The CEO was fired last week..

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Washington Mutual was the 5th largest US bank. See list

Like so many, they achieved that size not by developing a better product and building from within, but rather by buying up dozens of smaller banks through California and the west. From my limited dealings with them, especially in my prior career, I found them to be an inherently dishonest organization, and would have never considered entrusting them with my money.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

If JP Morgan was Heartless they wouldn't of bought Wamu and let the feds handle it all.

Because of the Heartless JP Morgan no tax money will be used to bail out WaMu, whose CEO will be taking home 20 million dollars for 17 days of work.

LOL, so its a good thing? Nice to see the money go. I actually never had any issues with WAMU, have held a checking account b4 my credit union. LOL I thought they were smaller. Top 5 ain't bad. And yes JP Morgan is heartless, seeing they like to import jobs overseas, outsourcing is ok, but when that is your job that has been done with and you are 1 week away from giving birth you will find out how much you like a company like that, bottom line is the only way too go. I as you can find better banners and links to replace the "Big Bad WAMU", but to those who actually found use and new how to use them and make money off of it you can kiss it goodbye I don't think JP will be looking for affiliates in CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    I don't think JP will be looking for affiliates in CJ.
    JP Morgan/Chase is one of the two or three largest credit card issuers there are and they have an extremely active affiliate program. I've marketed them for years through NCS.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

That is why I love this place, what is NCS???

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    That is why I love this place, what is NCS???
    Nationwide Card Services - it's an affiliate network whose advertisers are limited to financial institutions, offering credit cards, home loans, auto loans, credit repair, credit reports, etc. NCS is owned by a major financial player, Bankrate.com.

We have business and personal accounts at WAMU. I had the fleeting thought a couple weeks ago about pulling all the money out but decided this isn't the '30s.

X

http and a telephoto
    Kramer tonight said the feds need to up the FDIC insured amounts or more banks are going to go under fast. He said there aren't "lines at the banks" of people taking their money out, but big business is pulling out of banks and moving money quietly around. If the FDIC insurance went up, the companies would leave their money where it is, is his theory.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Folks

your money is safer under the mattress than anywhere else.

If you think affiliate marketing is corrupt you wouldn't believe what the financial institutions get up to.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Kramer tonight said the feds need to up the FDIC insured amounts or more banks are going to go under fast. He said there aren't "lines at the banks" of people taking their money out, but big business is pulling out of banks and moving money quietly around. If the FDIC insurance went up, the companies would leave their money where it is, is his theory.
    It is absolutely amazing that it has not been raised for regular deposits since it went from $40,000 to $100,000 in 1980. The limit was raised in 2005 or 2006 to $250,000 for certain retirement accounts.

Crazy times but at the end everything turns out.

Keep in good spirits!

Gonzalo

Interesting, as everytime I call CS for my Chase accounts they are english speaking people in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I didn't get to see all of Mad Money tonight, but if that statement about big business 'moving money quietly' is an exact quote. I'm disappointed in Jim. Nothing for nothing, but creating a sense of the large corporations panicking doesn't do anything to calm consumers nerves. He knows better.

As an aside, the FDIC insurance is per account per bank. Should you be in a position to need to protect large amounts of cash, simply hold the account under different styles of ownership or of course at different banks. Also, for those large corporations and charities, at least relatively large, there is cdars.com that protects deposits up to $50 million. No depositor who has stayed within the limits of the FDIC insurance has ever lost a penny in a bank closing or restructure. These are guarantees you can't get under the mattress.

Anyone remember the 80's S&L failures? We got through that, we'll get though this. It's been a bumpy ride and it will get rougher. But calm, sound decision making on behalf of consumers, businesses and the government will allow us to navigate through this sea of financial turmoil.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I use to work at the headquarter of Home Savings of America. It was purchased by WAMU in the late 90s. HSA was an old fashion bank: very customer-centric. WAMU was seen by many HSA employees, as a "heatless" financial structure that was acquiring all it could, to make its balance sheet look good for Wall Street. Turns out the "WAMU way", made many 100 year old banks disappear.

This is similar to Worldcom. Which acquired dozen of other older and thorough companies (Uunet..etc..) and then went under, but not before making billions of dollars for a few well connected individuals.

I think we are seeing the early signs of the limits of the capitalism. When the benefits for few are dwarfing the interest of the society at large.

Don't believe our leaders too much. The "bail out plan(s)", we seem to urgently need now, are just like a coat of paint on the same old car.

[politics removed ~Leader]

Rock'n roll!
    Last edited by Leader; September 27th, 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Bought out? They were taken over by the Feds. They are going to sell parts of it to JP Chase.

I have WAMU accounts, and I don't live in WA so I would be part of those 2300 banks in other states that are to be sold off. I guess my accounts now become Chase Bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    More concretely, I'm pretty certain our best chances to face these huge challenges, would be to vote for XXXXX as president.
    This is an inappropriate political post...

X

CEO of failed WaMu could get millions
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080926/wamu_...king-budgeting
    on the job a few weeks

In general...
    This mess has little in common w/true capitalism IMO. In a capitalist society, people should be rewarded for success (or at least hard work). Not rewarded for failure, corruption, lazyness, etc.

Outsourced Program Manager Ashish Selarka's Avatar
    WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is entitled to $11.6 million in cash severance and to keep his $7.5 million signing bonus, just only for about three weeks of work.

See the article Here .
    [B]Ashish Selarka[/B]
    Outsourced Program Manager (OPM)
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Programs Managed[/B][/COLOR]: Coming Soon.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandlet
    WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is entitled to $11.6 million in cash severance and to keep his $7.5 million signing bonus, just only for about three weeks of work.

See the article Here .
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandlet

See the article Here .
    Life is good as a CEO.

$19.1 million....
    Guess who is going to benefit from the fire sale. Not main street

CEOs are destroying everything with their greed and self interest.

Nobody has any vision anymore.

Things are deteriorating fast.

I spent three miserable years working for a software company that was once the leader in their market. As often happens, they became complacent and arrogant, with hardly any competition, and ignored the increasing discontent of their customer base. By the time I joined they were losing money.

And they had competition.

But, they were cash rich, and could have continued for a long time the way they were. What did they do? Did they listen to their customers? Did they improve the quality of their products? Did they make use of the extremely talented people they had?

Nope. Called in a new CEO. A hatchet man. Mass redundancies, pay freeze, recruitment freeze. As people left they weren't replaced, so those of us who were left were under more and more pressure.

For two years while this was going on there was a never-ending stream of top level executives coming and going, with golden handshakes on the way in and on the way out.

I slowly came to realize, it's an exclusive millionaire club up there. They all know each other. They bring their buddies in. They don't care about their customers, they don't care about their employees. All they care about is the yacht they're going to buy with this quarter's bonus.

Of course, Mr Hatchet Man's brief was to prime the company for sale.

After that I worked for another very famous company in the financial market data sector. Same thing there. Watched it being run into the ground in preparation for being sold off.

The stress and suffering this causes to the people who are actually doing productive work is criminal.

Now look at the antics of the banks.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Is someone going to bail me out of my WAMU credit card bill? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    Is someone going to bail me out of my WAMU credit card bill? Just wondering.
    I'm sure Mr. Fishman would be more than happy to help. You can email him at solongsuckers@tahiti.$$$.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast