account keeps getting closed
    going to make this short, but i wanted to let brian know that im not a scammer.

Sent brian an email explaining my frustration i have keeping an account with his company.

earnsale.com and beshops.com were the main sites i used my scripts on.

trying to build a sellable mall, but when my account gets closed all the time its hard to show it off.

I trashed this project about 6 months ago when my account first got closed for a news letter.

Making accounts just to keep on building this idea gets old, and its like there is no point in trying to help SAS, when they just treat me like trash.

Anyway, its frustrating knowing i work long hours for a kick in the face.

-jeff

Read the TOS and follow the rules and you WON'T get banned. I have been with SAS for years and never had a single problem with them. I even managed multiple SAS accounts for different companies and never had an issue.

It's not SAS's problem, it's yours. It's obvious you are violating the TOS and you get your account closed.

Forgive me if I wrong, but also if you get your first account closed for wrongdoing you aren't allowed to keep creating more accounts?

SAS doesn't want your traffic tactics for their merchants (that is clear by your actions) so perhaps you should find another network?

It says right on their website to re-apply.

It's probably because your next door buddies with brian.

You say "keep", as if i "keep" on violating the TOS.

As far as SAS being ignorant this is not my problem, I've continued to try to work with them. SAS is being stubborn not me.

Wrong doing? Usually when a network closes the account they deliver you a good-bye letter. SAS doesn't even give you that.

Violated the TOS, no. because sales being generated from spam email would be violating it. Spam email, no such thing. newsletters.

Then when i called brian and emailed him asking WHY he decided to close my account, he chose not do anything.

Since your buddy, buddy with brian, you've got karma. I've been so frustrated with brian for the simple fact is i've done nothing wrong that Harmed his company. again, not violating the TOS.

so please, entertain me on other reason SAS hates me so much?

maybe it's because he doesn't know. there for he want to fess up to say.. whoops my bad...

I've been trying to get a clear answer for months, then he slanders my domain name. Again, i'm trying to do his company and affiliates a favor by offering a complete cms bases sas. but with him banning my accounts all the time, its kinda hard to get datafeeds, maybe he likes his newborn affiliates who can barely work the mouse try and toss a page up.

for me, im a programmer and fell into this on accident. You can say im mad, spending months on testing and he cans me.

Like i was ever sending him money anyway. Im not in it for the commission. How hard is that for some to understand.

He comes at me like i did something bad. tell you the truth i really don't like him, nor shareasale, but i got this SAScms domain, program, matured sites to sell. Talk about patients, i got some. he gots none.

Just because brian is the CEO doesn't give him the right to crap on the people who make his site possible. It gets old, and these sites would sell for 50,000 easy. you think i want to just back out???

I could care less about affiliate commission. check with CJ, linkshare, clickbank, google. they all say zero. there is a reason.

tested out most of the networks and SAS functionality is nice, SAS ftp access is smooth, just like their datafeeds. but im fighting for them, not against them. why you got to fight against me?

-Jeff

If you have not noticed, im good with code, not with people.

Jeff, thousands of us have been affiliates with SaS for a considerable amount of time without any issues. As stated before, SaS has always been fair and responsive and most of us would probably consider them one of the most affiliate friendly networks around.

If you have an issue with SaS (or any network or merchnat for that matter) you need to learn to address it in a more professional manner than you've exhibited here. Ranting and making accusations is NOT the way to get Brian's attention, or anyone else's for that matter.

Again, as suggested above, you have probably violated SaS's TOS in some way whether you are aware of it or not. Have you read the network TOS and fully understand it? Is there something in the TOS that you feel shouldn't apply to your sites for some reason? Is it possible that you gave an incorrect e-mail address? Remember just because you may not understand or agree with some terms doesn't mean that you can ignore them. And if you haven't bothered to read the TOS then you need to make it point to do so before applying again. If there is something that you don't understand, come back here and ask questions.

Perhaps it would also be a good idea for you to CALMLY try to tell us what you are trying to accomplish with you sites and how you are promoting them. A site review is another option, there is a forum here that's designed solely for that purpose. It's quite possible that one of us may spot the problem and will be able to guide you through necessary changes.

Whatever you decide to do I would strongly suggest you clean up your act. I understand that you are very emotional about this issue, however you need to handle it more professionally. If you want this board and Brian to take you seriously you need to handle this like a business issue, not like your girlfriend just walked out on you. If you just came to rant, great, we'll see ya later. If you came seeking help and advice, you'll need to address the issue a little differently. Another post like your last 2 and you will likely be ignored at best.

-rematt

Oh, and BTW, welcome aboard. There's a lot to learn here if you come with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Jeff, in case you aren't aware, SAS has been doing some housecleaning lately that was manifested in the rewriting and revision of merchant and SAS TOSs. So some shady marketing methods that may not have been addressed previously now are and there is justification for removing affiliates who utilize those methods. If you "keep" getting shut down there's probably good reason [other than that Brian doesn't like you]. So I offer two pieces of advice...

Since you don't care about commissions as you mentioned, forget about affiliate marketing and find another hobby.
    or...
    Adjust your marketing methods to avoid any conflict [or appearance thereof] with TOSs. It may be too late for this one as you have likely burned your bridges with SAS.

X

ABW Ambassador
    "and these sites would sell for 50,000 easy"

Yet you earn no money from them? How can they be worth anything then?

Although you didn't state 50,000 dollars. Maybe you meant 50,000 grains of sand.

i'm trying to do his company and affiliates a favor by offering a complete cms bases sas
    ... that comment jumped out at me. It's between you & the network, but it sounds like you were violating TOS with whatever your script was doing.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Jeff,

If you emailed me recently, I don't have it. If you want to email me I'll try to get back to you with a reason, or you could just explain your case here if you wish. Let me know either the ID or the website on the account that was closed.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    i got this SAScms domain, program, matured sites to sell.
    Oh hey cool, talk to...
    I couldn't care less about affiliate commission. check with CJ, linkshare, clickbank, google. they all say zero. there is a reason.
    Uh...never mind. *backs away...quickly!*

I can imagine a lot of reasons for a lack of sales, but no desireable reasons.

"Sighs" Forgive myself for being aggressive. Developer account with sas is what im looking for. I'm not looking to make commission because the script is more of a test subject. The account at SAS is needed because of the datafeeds. These datafeeds are then used to complete the mall sites.

Stressful, perhaps you took me as just another affiliate. Thanks in your advice in doing business.

Selling sites for $50,000? That is correct and that is the plan.

These datafeeds make the site possible, and no other network has the amount of feeds as sas does. SAS does an apply or download the feed. the feed gets imported. the site sits for about 1 year, maturing in search indexes, and allowing to provide accurate traffic stats for site buyers.

It's the process, and it's not having a stable account at SAS is irritating. I'm not ranting, Brian wanted to know what we thought, or constructive opinions. Well, i gave mine. Suppose i could lie about what i think, but then what would be the point.

I'm not working for merchant sales, I don't even need a valid affiliate account! Just access to datafeeds so i can finish this business plan. It's taken longer than expected because of issues like this.

Keeping it business is what im working for. Planning, building, and patients requires many emotional stresses. Looking at it from many views including the marketing aspect.

My attitude on this project is on point. The work needs to get done and ongoing discussions about who is more right over the other is not what im here for.

I decided start conversation here, unfortunately you seen my side of stress.

Any more questions?
    Besides this project there are many. sometimes feeling held back in not an option and if im going to make my point, then im going to make it so you understand exactly how i feel including whats bothering me on keeping the project back. It works, and bills get payed.

Girlfriend? Don't got time for gold diggers.
    boyfriend? keep that to yourself, my pc is the only one im doing.

-Jeff

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a developers account with datafeed support.

The last account being used was 298325

You can see how this code is not being used in a live environment. Perhaps this account could be set to special permissions for ftp access only. Thats all i need to make this project a reality.
    Don't mean to cause any harm, just a project going on.

click on this page and then click on some product. http:// earnsale.sandbox.beshops.com/accessories/product/1/12061/14k-White-Gold-Three-Sided-SapphireandDiamond-Eternity-Band-Ring.html
    on this sandbox site the user would be redirected to a page that offers prices to buy the site for instant success.

Its like raising a child, if that makes any sense.
    justmight.com is a really old domain that has been sitting in google and yahoo links as a live example.
    http://www. google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ajustmight.com&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Warm Regards,
    -Jeff
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; September 29th, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Easy with the link drops

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Thanks Jeff, but we don't have developer accounts.

Our product is an Affiliate Network, and as such the resources are designed to be used in generating affiliate commissions. While I wish you luck in building whatever business you wish, I don't think we are the right partner for you.

While it wasn't the reason for the original account closure, the model you are pursuing is not one that we are interested in working with.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

No problem. Sorry about the confusion. You have nice datafeeds though, you should consider letting others use those to learn from.
    Anyway, thanks for nothing. It was nice working with you.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the real reason this account was closed? Because it seems hard to keep you happy when nothing was done wrong.
    -Jeff

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    Doesn't GoldenCan Offer This Service Already...

They offer a datafeed instant store. Drag and drop code basicly. almost similar to datafeedfile . While they do lots of different services, they don't offer direct access to datafeeds. SAS does. CJ.com offer datafeeds for qualified members or 200 dollar deposit, but their linking system is more like accessing a 404 page. This is to catch fraud, but even if it wasn't my store and wanted to use a coupon from some other place that had a cj redirect, the 404 page is the result.

CJ.com is nice, but have not worked with their datafeeds yet.
    just some API stuff. the API protocol like datafeedfile uses is not what im looking for. people wanting to buy a site don't want to rely on an API for content. Javascript is not search engine friendly, and pulling images from random sites is also a red flag for SEO.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread