ABW Ambassador
    Paul Newman dies at age 83
    Just heard this on the news, great actor - http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...2zoswD93F3OG02

ABW Ambassador
    I consider him to be one of the best actors ever. What a shame

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    What a shame. He was admirable in so many ways. A great actor and a great philanthropist, too.

Yes, he was a great philanthropist. His organizations donated lots to charities and I think most if not all profits of the companies went to them. He is someone that always looked good no matter what age, at least in my eyes . What a loss.

http and a telephoto
    Oh man, not how I wanted to start my day He was one of the icons. Not just as an actor.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Echoing what the others have said, Paul Newman was an icon; a great actor and a great person.

Most are aware of his movie roles and the tremendous mark he made on the film industry and popular culture, but not enough is known about his philanthropic efforts.

Among other gifts he bestowed during his lifetime, and now beyond:

Yes, all after-tax profits from Newman's Own products have gone to charity - now totaling over $250 million;

He established many "Hole in the Wall" summer camps for sick kids throughout the US and several foreign countries;

Substantial donations over many years to the Canary Foundation (Cancer detection), HELP USA (training, counseling and other services to assist the homeless in returning to society); Kenyon College (scholarship funding), and many more.

He was an entertainer who make a mark on society in many ways and will be sorely missed.

add: My all-time favorite Paul Newman movie was The Verdict, edging out The Sting
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    How sad =[ He was so great!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Was very sad when I heard that, didn't realize he was over 80, that was a surprise.

Chuck, guess you and I are both showing some age on this one. LOL! I, too, was amazed that Newman was in his 80s. "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" CANNOT have been that long ago!

He truly was one of the best. He was one of those actors I find myself thinking about, then realizing he's gone, and feeling that there's now been a fundamental change for the worse in the "feel" of the Universe without him living in it. Apparently a good man, certainly a terrific philanthropist, and someone who will be missed by millions.
    Generate more fake news.

Tax Paying Member
    He was a good man. I had the good fortune to have met him once.

Another one of his talents and loves was automobile racing. He did not start racing until he was about 40 years old. There was a natural talent. If he had sarted at a younger age he would have been one of the greatest. At age 74 he was co-driver of the winning car in the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Racing was his third love-------after his wife and acting.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oh

He was a brilliant actor and a true gentleman.

My Paul Newman story:

My father was his chiropractor for many years before he moved away from Los Angeles. On my birthday one year, Paul called my dad for an emergency adjustment. My dad went, even though we were in the middle of my birthday dinner. Paul sent me back 2 bottles of delicious white wine as a make up gift and called me personally to apologize for dragging my father away. I saved those bottles for years, finally threw them away in the last move.

Time to call my father who I know will be upset.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

the movie world will miss him, the race car world will miss him, as for the food world . . . i don't know. he was a great man (or so it seems) but i was NOT a fan of his food products.

Married 50 years, fought again Nixon (before ever winning an Oscar), Food based company generated nearly 250 million in charity donations.

One of the rare breeds in Hollywood. And to think his blue eyes never turned brown...

No Longer Banned!
    Paul Newman Dies: Acted In Absent Malice ?....
    Did he do "Absent Malice" ??

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Did he do "Absent Malice" ??

Steve
    He was nominated for an academy award for his starring role in "Absence of Malice".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It was very sad hearing the news today and what a great person and actor he was as everyone has already said.

I was just reading wikipedia and it never hit me that his camp for seriously sick kids "Hole in the Wall Gang Camp" was named after the gang in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids. I haven't seen that movie in sooo long it's about time to watch it again.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Like most people I was sad to hear of his passing. He was a fine actor, an even better humanitarian and it seems a man who knew how to keep his family together and also be a good friend. Most of all he was genuine. That is rare indeed.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    What a Bummer. I still make an effort to watch the movie, Slap Shot, at the beginning of every hockey season! He will be missed.

- Brent
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    He was nominated for an academy award for his starring role in "Absence of Malice".
    AH

That was a great movie. I must've been like 8 when that came out. I have very fond memories of it.

He was one of the great ons indeed.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread