Arrow New Info website Started what about Affiliates?
    I just started a site that deals with free hosting and well hosting in general offering reviews what affiliates would be best for me?

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by vursitan
    I just started a site that deals with free hosting and well hosting in general offering reviews what affiliates would be best for me?
    Welcome to ABW . . .

try a little adsense ad?

I see you've got AdSense ads on already.

Humorous aside, one of the ads states...
    Warning: Free Web Hosting
    10 Reasons To Avoid Free Hosting. You Get What You Pay For!

Since your site deals with finding free hosting, most your visitors may not be interested in purchasing anything. Perhaps sell them on the idea that free really isn't free and that they should rather purchase hosting. Then you can join various hosting programs and promote those. Your AdSense ads will make pennies, but hosting referrals usually pay pretty good.

[Edited to add]You should develop some kind of comparison mechanism to list the free hosting services and their features all side by side. It's too cumbersome to only be able to read one at a time.

X

Hello.

Something to try to help you.

Your site is really bad. You will never make any money off of it unless you re-design it into a better site.

Go to Google and look at the sites that are offering the same things that you are offering and look at those sites compared to yours. You'll see what I mean.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...views&aq=f&oq=

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks for all info I dont think my site looks bad = [ its easy to read as far as addsense yup got it and no pennies yet =] what are some other ways i could make money from affiliates how about host providers?

Exclamation
    Do you really feel that the site looks bad? These are the types of sites i would bookmark they are easy to get info from but i see what you mean (i wont make money) because of that=[ the more difficult i make it to navigate around the more they will click on adds but all and all dont you think i will get more use initially now because of its simplicity i mean hell i use my site over any others now =]

Thanks for all info I dont think my site looks bad
    No offense, but by today's standards your website design is substandard. It looks pretty much like an early '90s website. No graphics, no pazazz. It needs to be brought into the 21st century.
    how about host providers?
    Yep, exactly as I suggested above...

X

Unhappy
    Now are you implying my site looks bad in order for me to generate a profit or simply to the eye it is repulsive

Hang around the professionals at ABW a while and you'll learn that the basis for most if not all website criticism is by and far centered around successful sales, not aesthetic opinion.

First, through color, line work, and imagery you try to lead your visitor to take certain actions. Those elements visually draw attention to sales pitches, calls to action, and pre-sell. (You'll learn a lot about pre-sell if you read around here much.) So cleverly designed, content rich web pages (sales pitches) tend to result in higher click-through and conversion rates.

Second, a pleasing well designed website goes a long way toward adding credibility to and confidence in your message, whatever that may be. Your visitors will tend to respond more positively when they see professionalism in the design of your site.

I'm not talking about automated graphics and flash presentations. Your site can still remain simple and easy to navigate with a nice logo, some gradients, shadowing, and other tasteful graphic elements.

X

Arrow
    What about some basic css templates for what i am doing do you know of any?

You will probably need more than a pre-configured css. I don't use templates or anything pre-configured so I don't have suggestions to offer for that. I know there are various content management applications (CMS) that would be useful to you. Search around ABW. Here's a thread to start with; CMS Sites vs. Your Own Site

There are others around here who can give some direction also...

X

The latest issue of Feedfront Magazine, http://feedfront.com/feedfront-issue3.pdf, contains an article on page 22 entitled "Guiding Your Visitors to Action", that talks about the use of graphic elements to lead your visitors as I had mentioned above...

X

No Longer Banned!
    You posted what wound up being a Site review in this thread.

MODS ???

Steve

I guess I wont get a ban warning for this:

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Look at eds site. The colours are a perfect blend and timeless. Ed's got it going on. At the very least add a logo top nav bar and a template.

Try:

800 592 2395
    815 883 9462
    888 501 5550
    866 515 2057
    or alexbet.com

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; September 29th, 2008 at 02:15 AM.
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    You posted what wound up being a Site review in this thread.

MODS ???

Steve
    This will probably not get a mod's attention. Use the little red triangle on a post to report it if you wish...

X

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    This will probably not get a mod's attention. Use the little red triangle on a post to report it if you wish...
    Ed

K. Done.

U get my PM Ed ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread