Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NYC Trip New Yorkers Help Needed
    As normal I'm stumped and as always I procrastinated so prices have jumped up on flights I'm going to NYC next Sunday and I really want to stay a night in NYC and have been searching and searching for a way to do it. Anyways, one of the cheaper hotels I found is below and I was curious as to how far it is from the summit? Plus does anyone know the hotel or area?

Clarion Hotel Jamaica
    138-05 Jamaica Avenue
    Jamaica, New York 11435

Also most likely I'll be taking a train in early Sunday and a flight out Monday morning. Or maybe vice a versa a flight in early Sunday morning and a train back on Monday Like I said I'm stumped and looking for the cheapest way to do this without having to take the train twice.

Soooo, the next question is how far is the train station approx from that Hotel? And how far Approx. is the summit from the train station which might help me out in deciding the vice a versa part ? It all comes down to I don't have a clue as to what I am doing like ya didn't know that for years

Any help appreciated and thanks
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Packy that hotel is far from the train and the summit. I would say its about an hour train ride into the city it is well into the suburbs and not really a nice one either
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The hotel is close to the airport, probably $15 cab ride.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Packy here is the ny subway map. http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm that hotel you were looking at is on the right side of the page out where the J train and the E train meet by Sutphrin blvd.

I just did a quick search and "the Carter" hotel is available at 43rd and 8th ave in Manhattan for $125. Lousy hotel but its a place to sleep. Last time I was there they were putting in new carpet.

Ten blocks from Penn Station where I would assume your train will be coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Packy here is the ny subway map. http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm that hotel you were looking at is on the right side of the page out where the J train and the E train meet by Sutphrin blvd.

I just did a quick search and "the Carter" hotel is available at 43rd and 8th ave in Manhattan for $125. Lousy hotel but its a place to sleep. Last time I was there they were putting in new carpet.

Ten blocks from Penn Station where I would assume your train will be coming in.
    Thanks Falcon Any Idea how close to JFK and where the summit is going to be? Sorry for being a Pita but like I mentioned, I'm clueless!

summit is in Manhattan 23rd street and Lexington avenue, somewhere close to that location if not I am only a few blocks away

Manhattan is at least 1 hour train ride from JFK. I would suggest trying to stay closer to the summit then the airport. I have a feeling there will be a gathering in Manhattan on sunday night

NYFalcon,

so is that Hotel the Carter you mentioned pretty much around everything that will be going on Sunday as far as you know? Is LGA airport any closer? The problem with LGA is the airfare is higher plus the extra cost now for a first bag

Unfortunetly Jet Blue only goes to JFK but if it's that far from where things are going on, the summit and so on it most likely will be cheaper to fly into LGA???? Thanks for the replys BTW

Packy,
    Knowing what a BIG fan you are of flying...
    Have you considered perhaps taking Amtrak to NY? I'm thinking it's about a 7 hour ride - likely what the whole security-flight-train/cab routine would be for flying. Once past Albany, it's a scenice ride along the banks of the Hudson River. Short distance flying is sooooo expensive. AmTrak takes you into Penn Station - pretty central location in Manhattan (the place in NYC you want to be).

Just checked...
    Oct 4th
    Syracuse, NY 9:40a
    arrive NYC Penn 3:35p
    $54.00, 6 hrs

Can't beat that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Packy,
    Knowing what a BIG fan you are of flying...
    Have you considered perhaps taking Amtrak to NY? I'm thinking it's about a 7 hour ride - likely what the whole security-flight-train/cab routine would be for flying. Once past Albany, it's a scenice ride along the banks of the Hudson River. Short distance flying is sooooo expensive. AmTrak takes you into Penn Station - pretty central location in Manhattan (the place in NYC you want to be).
    Rainmaker,

Yeah the plan has been leaning toward taking a train one way and then a plane one way. Not sure which ways though Your right about how scenic it gets starting from around the Albany area. I use to take it quite a bit to Poughkeepsie and loved it back then. I sort of wanted to get a short flight in in prep for the San Diego trip just to get some flying miles under my belt and an hour 15 minutes would be the perfect distance for a wimp like myself The train both ways may end up being what happens with a stop over at my sisters in the Poughkeepsie area on the way to NYC.

Thanks for checking the fares and for the advice Most likely it will be a 60.00 trip by train there because of the stop over in Poughkeepsie which your right ya can't beat that. I think only about 76.00 if I decide to come home by train also.

If you belong to AAA pretty sure you get a reduced fare.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Look at the social butterfly you've turned into, Packy

Jet setting.... hob knobbing at conferences... wine and cheese with affiliate big wigs... High tea with de Poel and Mellie....

I'm so proud....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

how much is admission to the show? do you need a "corporate" sponsorship? walk up and pay? also . . . i am very new to being an affiliate manager. would this, i assume, be a good opportunity from me to meet affiliates and affiliate managers. YES? NO?

LMAO to Social Butterfly Kevin And can you tell I'm am sooo use to it, a man of worldly travel . All the traveling that is. Actually it's fun and educational it's just a matter of making the plans and if I would stop procrastinating every freaking time things would be a whole lot easier Just following in your footsteps Kevin, that's all Really the best part and most fun is meeting all of you

Packy - Laquardia is a little closer then JFK but it requires taking a cab since there really is no train at Laquardia. Landing at JFK you can take the airport airtrain for $5 to the nyc subway for another $2. It actually sounds harder then it is.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    how much is admission to the show? do you need a "corporate" sponsorship? walk up and pay? also . . . i am very new to being an affiliate manager. would this, i assume, be a good opportunity from me to meet affiliates and affiliate managers. YES? NO?
    Shawn posted that this one is sold out.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

sold out? meaning like not even one person allowed as a walk up? what if i just go up to nyc and knock on the door when i get there? :-)

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    what if i just go up to nyc and knock on the door when i get there? :-)
    Have you ever seen the movie "The Out-of-Towners" (the original with Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis)?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

http and a telephoto
    I sent the link to Shawn so he can come and advise you on what to do. If they are sold out, showing up could be a waste of time. They can only have a limited amount of people in the venue and have to reserve space for those that already paid for their passes.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Correction, it's almost sold out So go to http://affiliatesummit.com and get yourself a pass quick.
    Deborah Carney

Thanks again Falcon I'm probably going to try and book the Carter like you mentioned. I definitely want to stay the night in the city. Sent you a PM.

As for travel unfortunately I'm leaning towards the train both ways Rainmaker did make me an offer that only a fool would turn down. Then again it's me, Packy, enough said about that. Thanks again for the offer Rainmaker

I cannot win I just went to book a room at the Carter Hotel and they don't except Master Card Back to looking for a Hotel

When are you getting in/leaving?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    When are you getting in/leaving?
    Well it depends which plan I'm looking at

Plan 1 - 11 were scrapped

Plan 12 (Current Plan)
    * getting in Sunday either at 8:35 am or 10:35 both by train
    * leaving NYC on Monday at either 10:20 am or 1:20 afternoon most likey by train.

Plan 13

Still a work in progress but may be Go to Summit - Go Home right after Summit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast