Google Affiliate Application Denied
    Hello,

I have applied to Google as a publisher twice and I have been denied both times. We run a successful affiliate program that currently has over 500 members. Our members are not just faces on the Internet. We communicate and train them through conference calls, dvds and webinars. For the last few months we have been developing a new product for our members that launches on Tuesday. This will be an online mall that will pay our members commissions. All our members will shop on their own malls as well as refer their friends. We have been promoting this for two months. We are not newbies at this type of marketing. The program will be a success. We already have commission junction and linkshare accounts online and we would love to promote Google advertisers. What do we have to do to get approved?

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by EPN
    Hello,

I have applied to Google as a publisher twice and I have been denied both times. We run a successful affiliate program that currently has over 500 members. Our members are not just faces on the Internet. We communicate and train them through conference calls, dvds and webinars. For the last few months we have been developing a new product for our members that launches on Tuesday. This will be an online mall that will pay our members commissions. All our members will shop on their own malls as well as refer their friends. We have been promoting this for two months. We are not newbies at this type of marketing. The program will be a success. We already have commission junction and linkshare accounts online and we would love to promote Google advertisers. What do we have to do to get approved?
    HUH ??

You got 500 affs under you & you wanna be an aff @ google ?? Merchant you mean ?

Clarify please.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Our company has over 500 affiliates and yes we want to market Google affiliate network store products in our new online mall. This mall will be given to our affiliates for free. What does our number of affiliates have to do with wanting to join the Google network?

No Longer Banned!
    Our company has over 500 affiliates and yes we want to market Google affiliate network store products in our new online mall. This mall will be given to our affiliates for free. What does our number of affiliates have to do with wanting to join the Google network?
    EPN

You stated that your Google AFFILIATE app was denied. Thats is why I asked.

It's your game and I got nothing in it, so I am asking you if you misspoke ? Are you trying to be an affiliate at Google or a MERCHANT ???

As far as the requirements go, as long as you are an upright guy, you would obviously more than qualify since you obviously make way more pocket change than I do and the sales guy wanted to basically follow me home from the summit. {BTW: I make no assumptions here since unlike many, I really don't care about your intentions, I just help.}

I'm gonna raise the question if these yahoos, oops I mean googles!, ever really even looked at your app. A large % of apps are never even gone over or researched. I just learned that many aff. mgrs are just a bunch of 20 year old children combing over {Or ignoring} apps and are supposed to be looking into your status/ eligibility etc. Often, the mgrs never even contact the applicant. Ever. Even after several years and thats if the applicant is approved.

I guess you already know most of this.

I'd try AT&T.

Man I hope this helps at least a little.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; September 29th, 2008 at 02:21 AM. Reason: spelling. beachy, help......
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Thanks for your help. I would like to be a publisher at Google. I understand now affiliate was the wrong word.

Thanks for your help. I would like to be a publisher at Google. I understand now affiliate was the wrong word.
    "Publisher" and "affiliate" are interchangeable in this context...

X

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    "Publisher" and "affiliate" are interchangeable in this context...
    Ed

I bet he filled out a affiliate app instead of a Merchant ad. Them damn things are confusing !

If English were not his native language, then he might well have done just that. Hmmmmm.......

Dude, you really need to take a look at which app you filled out and makes sure you ask when you call them googles. Also be sure to point out you have 500 affs in your programme.

You do realise your about to pay google a huge sum of cash every month instead of you getting paid right ???

Just wanna make sure you are on the right track bro.

Steve

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    I bet he filled out a affiliate app instead of a Merchant ad.
    No, he is applying to become a GAN affiliate.

It sounds like he has put together a template site full of affiliate links that he is marketing to prospective affiliates who sign on for one of his sites, with the sales pitch that they will own the site, and they and their friends and relatives will buy from the site, and earn commissions on those sales, and maybe, just maybe, they can market the site to the public and earn some real commissions that way.

This concept (I won't call it a scheme) has earned developers a lot in similar incantations in the past, but the buyer is unlikely to ever actually earn a profit.

It would seem to me that he was rejected by GAN because they do not want affiliates who engage in this type of marketing.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    No, he is applying to become a GAN affiliate.

It sounds like he has put together a template site full of affiliate links that he is marketing to prospective affiliates who sign on for one of his sites, with the sales pitch that they will own the site, and they and their friends and relatives will buy from the site, and earn commissions on those sales, and maybe, just maybe, they can market the site to the public and earn some real commissions that way.

This concept (I won't call it a scheme) has earned developers a lot in similar incantations in the past, but the buyer is unlikely to ever actually earn a profit.

It would seem to me that he was rejected by GAN because they do not want affiliates who engage in this type of marketing.
    AH

Ohhhhh..... So this is kinda sorta like what scott does, except Scott is a good guy. *** Steve has LIGHTBULB MOMENT **** Then goes to bed.

Steve

http and a telephoto
    Scott who? The OP has a site that has "subaffiliates" which some networks allow and others don't. Apparently GAN isn't allowing it. That is their choice, they don't have to let an affiliate in just because the affiliate thinks they have a great idea. In this case, it isn't a new concept but he may be doing it differently. As noted, lots of times the subaffiliates end up not making much, if anything.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread