FIRST TIME Summit Attendee
    I am new to affiliate marketing and it will be my first time attending a summit. Can you guys give me some advice on what I can do to get the most out of this summit. Any tips for a first timer? Anything I should be doing in particular? What do you guys consider to be the number one most important thing to do at a summit? What type of information do you learn.

I went on the affiliate summit site but the agenda was not too specific and anyways it would be better to get advice from individuals that have been there and done that.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frogster
    I am new to affiliate marketing and it will be my first time attending a summit. Can you guys give me some advice on what I can do to get the most out of this summit. Any tips for a first timer? Anything I should be doing in particular? What do you guys consider to be the number one most important thing to do at a summit? What type of information do you learn.

I went on the affiliate summit site but the agenda was not too specific and anyways it would be better to get advice from individuals that have been there and done that.

Are you going next Sunday in NYC or January 2009 in Las Vegas?

Visit http://blog.affiliatesummit.com/2008...-timers-guide/ for a first timer's guide I put together earlier this year for the last Las Vegas Affiliate Summit.

The dates aren't accurate for the future shows, but the content is still timely.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogster

Frog

1. Do not go to NYC Summit if you are new. You wont get as much out of it.

2. Before you go to a summit, make a list of ALL the classes and all the parties. Then go to every one and DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL while there.

3. only spend a few hours of the first day in the exhibit hall. You can shake hundreds of hands and collect many more biz cards in that time. 95% of them won't remember you anyway. Theres just too many.

4. go to the meet market. Period.

Try to get to know guys like Shawn, Missy, Mike Coley, Alan Hamilton, Wade Tonkin, Donuts, Connie Berg, Visit Our Mall, Ed, Bill, Scott, Leader, Rexy, Rolet, Jason, Gary The Writer Guy, Haiko, Andy Rodriguez, Beachy, Am 4 Checks, Brian Littleton, Bethanie White, The guy that lives four houses down from Mike Coley, Loxly, Billy K, The Buy at lady I cant remember her name and her gang, j goode, and so on.

5. Motel 6 is a mile from the Rio and only costs like 150 USD. is right next door to the airport, and is a free shuttle ride to and from the airport when you are ready to get on the plane.

Busses in Vegas run 24 hours a day.

6. Network your ass off.

7. Arm wrestling at the summit party is fun. Try it some time.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    The Buy at lady I cant remember her name and her gang
    Missy, Amy P, Amy E and I will be at the NY Affiliate Summit this weekend in N.Y.!
    For the Vegas one, you can also sign up for the mentor program .

See you there!

http and a telephoto
    The NYC summit has a different focus, so first timers that are interested in Social Media may get more out of it than you think.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread