Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Red face I am moving!
    I am MOVING soon! in Feb. to Virginia. Anyone here live in VA, can you get internet access in VA? LOL! I know why Virginia, well after deep thought and going through financials, it would be in my familys best interest to move there. Have tons of family on the east coast and VA is plop right in the middle of all of them. Not to far not to close. Any thoughts? Already found about 100000 houses that cost under 90,000. Mine here in pDX cost 310k.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Wow.. that is a bi =g move across the country.

All the best.

Thank you, it is a big big move. But I think it is a smart one. Even if I took a loan out my monthly pymnts would be around 400 a month, not even my first apartment in 1996 was that cheap. Just looking to buy a house outright though so my only worries in life would be upkeep, taxes and basic needs.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Yeah.. i guess that is a smart move with the housing market bleeding, you will find a few good deals.

All the best

That is a big move, great timing - make sure you thoroughly investigate your movers and the underlying paperwork ... many many ways to hang you over a barrel.

Keep us updated.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Good luck in your move.

We are considering a move too. We are thinking the NC area but not sure yet. Our kids are not interested since they have friends/activities here. Researching schools is a biggie for us.

Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    That is a big move, great timing - make sure you thoroughly investigate your movers and the underlying paperwork ... many many ways to hang you over a barrel.

Keep us updated.
    Yes the movers!, we are actually going to sell the majority of our furniture, since they are outdated. And with a move since my daughter is only 2 years old this seems to be the perfect timing, actually narrowed it down to 2 cities, one called Danville Viriginia. Emailed a couple of realtors just waiting for a response.

I LOVE VIRGINIA!
    Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with your move!
    It is gorgeous here. Danville is nice.
    I live between Charlottesville and Richmond. I have a great realtor too!
    dyan
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Well we are off on Friday to go look at 5 houses, only thing is it is not in Viriginia, it is Ohio, youngstown and vicinity, and one in Sharon PA. What is funny but horrible, is I could probably buy the 4 houses in ohio for the same price as one house, man the market over there is a "buyers" market. 8k 14k 6k and 24k thats not gold thats the price for each in Ohio, the one in sharon is 62k, what the heck????? Renting is $300.00 I have never ever paid $300 for a rental my first apt,(studio) was $595 when I was 17.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    I am in MD which is right next to VA. Both "expensive to live" States, but I think you'll enjoy living in VA!!

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    Good luck in your move.

We are considering a move too. We are thinking the NC area but not sure yet. Our kids are not interested since they have friends/activities here. Researching schools is a biggie for us.

Let us know how it goes.
    We moved to NC from FL a few years ago. We do really like the NC area.

Well, it doesn't solve your needing to be on the East coast, but if you're looking for great real estate you can come join me in Kansas.

4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, approx. 2K square ft, 2-car garage, finished basement, 2 story house..... $ 199,900. (just a listing on realtor.com - not my house)

Sheri

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    Well, it doesn't solve your needing to be on the East coast, but if you're looking for great real estate you can come join me in Kansas.

4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, approx. 2K square ft, 2-car garage, finished basement, 2 story house..... $ 199,900. (just a listing on realtor.com - not my house)

Sheri, that is sick! You can't even buy a decent townhouse/condo for that price around here. I'm clicking my red shoes 3x...

And I can add that it is in a nice neighborhood with great shopping within a 10 minute drive and nationally awarded schools within walking distance.

People make fun of Kansas a lot, but I love it here.

Sheri

hmm almost $199,000 which I will have to finance or $24,000.00 I pay cash the house is 100% mine no monthly payments only have to worry about bills for the house, my daughter, taxes and finally be in a position where I can grow a mini empire and rule the world, lol, i will take option 2. thanks for the offer though.

You can find houses in Youngstown Ohio on any given day on Ebay for like 1000. They been tripping up my searches there for years.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I know the only problem with ebay sellers is the deed, it is a quit deed. I don't like the idea that they made a deed that is mainly this in a nutshell
    Quit Deed= I am not saying that I am the owner of the house/property/land but if I am I am relinquishing my rights to you.
    That is just about crummy. What if I bought a house from ebay with a quit deed live in it for years and the real owner comes with the warranted deed. That would bite.

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    I know the only problem with ebay sellers is the deed, it is a quit deed. I don't like the idea that they made a deed that is mainly this in a nutshell
    Quit Deed= I am not saying that I am the owner of the house/property/land but if I am I am relinquishing my rights to you.
    That is just about crummy. What if I bought a house from ebay with a quit deed live in it for years and the real owner comes with the warranted deed. That would bite.
    If I understand "quit deeds" correctly, and I DOUBT that I do, they are also what's called "contract for deed" aren't they?

We've just had some terrible, heartbreaking stories in our local paper of people who were buying homes contract-for-deed -- and the company supposedly acting to broker the deals between the actual title holders and the folks signing the contract-for-deed simply started stealing the monthly payments.

One of the families knew nothing about what was happening until someone showed up on their doorstep to tell them they were bidding on the property at a foreclosure auction set for the next day. Yeah!!!!!!! I know!!! These people had paid their mortgage on time every month for over 2 years, and didn't even know they were being foreclosed.

Anyway, good that you've said you can afford to do this deal cash. Not a good time at all to get into shaky deed arrangements!
    Generate more fake news.

Yes thank you, I am working with a realtor in youngstown, who understands my worries about the quit deed situation that is happening. I want a house that comes from a seller who wants to sell and knows their selling. and there is a house small but it is 3 bedrooms 1 bath 1300 sqft for 6,000 passed inspections and is move in ready, no quit deed, where else in the country can you find that!!! I leave on Friday to go and look at 5 houses when I come back on Wednesday I will have bought a home

....quit deed...
    I hope you have given this deal plenty of thought and I hope you have received advice on going through this type of a deal.

Although I am not a lawyer, the above term sounded interesting to me so I took a look at nolo.com.
    This would make me think twice:
    The deed does not guarantee anything about what is being transferred, however.
    http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/T...B59DF/alpha/Q/
    Be careful, maybe you should contact an attorney before you sign the deal.
    Who owns the title?
    Last edited by Rhia7; November 25th, 2008 at 12:15 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I leave on Friday to go and look at 5 houses when I come back on Wednesday I will have bought a home
    Are you in a rush?

Hire an engineer to inspect the house and to make a list of everything wrong with the house so that you can negotiate and knock down the price of the house.

This is a buyer's market, I would "bottom fish" if I were you and make low ball offers.

The realtor is usually quite charming and will act as if he/she is your best friend but remember that the realtor always is working for the seller.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Shouldn't you use a title company? We've sold several properties without a realtor, but always processed the transactions through a title company. A title search is done and title insurance issued. Then you know exactly what you're getting.

X

Wow, you are going to leave the northwest. I hope you find a great house and it works well for your family. Portland will miss you. :-)
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

good morning!
    1. Yes I am in a rush lol, I am paying $1600.00 a month here!
    2. I do know that realtors try to sugar coat dumps and we have located a inspector.
    3. My husband is mr lowball him self.
    4 I had no idea there where title agencies!
    5. I love portland but I will always be broke here, as I have lived in my house for almost 3 years it is draining us and sometimes I feel like to survive I should sell my computer and get 4 jobs just to keep up.

Jodyq

Be sure you get a thorough inspection. It will become your list of what to fix while you are living in the house. Dont settle for a cheap inspection even though it is tempting to save money.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast