Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Netshops Affiliates is Moving to Pepperjam!
    We have exciting news for all of our affiliates - All 150+ NetShops affiliate programs will be moving over exclusively to Pepperjam Network!

In addition to being the fastest growing affiliate network in the United States, Pepperjam Network offers some great tools such as a high-converting affiliate marketing widget called pepperjamADS, free product data feeds, an easy-to-use interface, excellent reporting, a dedicated affiliate management team, and Pepperjam Chat, which allows you to chat with your NetShops Affiliate Manager in real-time, 24-7! You will also have a variety of payment methods available, including direct deposit and PayPal!

Affiliates will continue to receive great commission rates on Pepperjam Network and have access to enhanced promotion tools and reporting. However, in order to facilitate our migration we request that you remove all of your Direct Track links as soon as possible and replace them with Pepperjam Network links. The final day for DirectTrack tracking will be October 31st, so you must have all links changed by then. Final checks will be cut in November and as long as you have a current W-9 on file, you will be paid for all commissions earned.

If you are already a member of Pepperjam, please begin signing up as an affiliate with the stores that you currently promote. If you are not a member of Pepperjam Network, please sign up here - www.pepperjamnetwork.com !

PLEASE NOTE...when completing the Pepperjam Network publisher application please indicate in the website description box, along with your website description, that you were a Netshops affiliate on Direct Track. Also, please make sure that you fill out the application fully, including disclosure of your promotional methods and affiliate websites so that you are sure to get accepted into PJN.

If you have any questions about the new NetShops affiliate programs on Pepperjam Network or if you are already an affiliate on Pepperjam Network and have any questions about getting active with NetShops please contact Melissa Richards, NetShops Transition Coordinator, at mrichards@pepperjam.com or 570-408-9861.

Please note that all programs will continue to be managed in-house and you can still contact both Sara and Marie at 866-238-5244 or at affiliatesmanager@netshops.com. Static datafeeds for all stores will be available within the week and we will be following up with a separate email and post with instructions for making the necessary changes for the dynamic feeds. (Changes will be very minor, so don't worry too much!) Were here to help make this transition as smooth as possible, so dont hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Thank you and we look forward to working with you on Pepperjam Network!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Wow.. that is a big move.

All the best!

ABW Ambassador
    oh no

15 years and counting
    Bye,

ABW Ambassador
    didn't pepperjam get slammed on this forum?

I'm just wondering what the reasoning behind the move is. What made the move attractive to NetShops?

-sfcom

Crap...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara - NetShops
    Also, please make sure that you fill out the application fully, including disclosure of your promotional methods and affiliate websites so that you are sure to get accepted into PJN.
    Not in this life, or the next. Buh-bye. Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

it might be news but it's not very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    I'm just wondering what the reasoning behind the move is. What made the move attractive to NetShops?

-sfcom
    Judging from the comments in this thread already, I doubt any of the reasoning was based on affiliate input.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Sara, let me ask, I want to be clear about this: Do you mean NetShops will still be available "in-house" through your netshops program, or do you mean we are required to work through pepperjam or we won't be able to continue with netshops??

I cannot believe you guys are going to pepperjam with no other options??

I have had and heard of nothing but negative experience with pepperjam -- as you can see that's a pretty common reaction on the part of folks here.

If you insist we must work through pepperjam, I'll be joining those saying "goodbye" to netshops.
    Generate more fake news.

I don't even know what to say. This will NOT be an easy transition, at least not for me. Please don't do this!

ABW Ambassador
    Wow. Pretty much universal opinion as to a terrible move

There were actually quite a few reasons that we felt it necessary to make this move and many reasons why we decided to migrate our program to Pepperjam. I did anticipate a negative response to the announcement on ABW, but we've received quite a lot of positive feedback on the move outside of the forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'll briefly walk through the reasons why we needed to make the move and why we chose Pepperjam as our network.

• DirectTrack is a technology platform, not an affiliate platform. They dont update the platform with the latest and greatest affiliate tools like most other platforms do. In fact, they hardly update the platform at all.
    • This past year has seen performance degradation that has negatively affected our retail site response time and cost us sales, leaving us no choice but to find an alternative platform.
    • DirectTrack is no longer able to accomodate static datafeeds. We have too many stores and they are unable to accommodate the amount of data that we need to provide. This is unacceptable in our eyes.
    • The number of sales that are untracked by DirectTrack and that we are required to manually enter through our external reporting has been growing by the day. This puts a tremendous strain on our time and resources internally.
    • We have no option but to process payments in-house with DirectTrack, which not only puts a strain on our time and resources, but also offers no options for how payment is received to affiliates.
    • We have ongoing frustrations caused by not getting the level of customer service that we expect from DirectTrack.

Our decision to look for an alternative is motivated primarily by our desire to offer the best tools and a stable environment to our affiliates. It has become very clear to us that DirectTrack is not the platform to be on, either for our interests or those of our affiliates. We had to make a business decision, so please have confidence that we made a good choice that was in everyones best interests. Complaining is to be expected and is your right, but please know that we will not engage in futile arguments to defend our decision beyond what has been stated.

I understand that there will be some who will choose not to move with us, which is regrettable. I will say that to those who are concerned, we went through a significant test phase with Pepperjam and not only were they able to provide the tools we need for our unique business model (150+ stores), but they were also able to help ensure that we will be able to continue to operate a clean, parasite-free affiliate program going forward. The people at Pepperjam have been responsive to any and all questions that we've had and have supported and assisted us in notifying and if neccessary, removing affiliates that blatantly violated our policies.

Also, note that shortly, we will have a handful of our top stores available for promotion through Google Affiliate Network (formerly Performics). You can expect an announcement within the next week about our launch with Google.

We look forward to working with you on Pepperjam and/or Google.

One word... ShareASale.

Did you give them a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Sara - NetShops
    Also, note that shortly, we will have a handful of our top stores available for promotion through Google Affiliate Network (formerly Performics). You can expect an announcement within the next week about our launch with Google.

We look forward to working with you on Pepperjam and/or Google.
    Certainly inadequate technology would be a legitimate reason for making changes.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of a major merchant with multiple stores who does well through Shareasale.com (I "C"an't "S"ay "N"icely whose "STORES" I'm speaking of here -- wouldn't be courteous on your forum.)

At any rate, should we decide to stick with Netshops via Pepperjam and/or Google, I have a couple of questions:

1. How will the move affect your dynamic datafeed scripts?? Will that tool disappear or change significantly? I ask because I have a number of websites using that PHP script to display tons of Netshops products.

2. Will anything ever come of Netshops' stated prospects over the last couple of months to be available in PopShops?
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    "Also, note that shortly, we will have a handful of our top stores available for promotion through Google Affiliate Network (formerly Performics). You can expect an announcement within the next week about our launch with Google."

That's good, really consider getting as many as possible over there since I won't put up one PJ link. I do wish with things like this merchants would actually email their current affiliates, especially the producing ones for input. Also, it's good that you would still be managing the program and please don't let the nasty players in with nice transparency ratings into your program. Don't want to see you get poached to death.

ABW Ambassador
    "All 150+ NetShops affiliate programs will be moving over exclusively to Pepperjam Network!"

and

"Also, note that shortly, we will have a handful of our top stores available for promotion through Google Affiliate Network"

How can you be exclusivly with Pepperjam? and also be joining GAN?

Thanks for this announcement; my developer is behind schedule, and this means that I can remove one item from his task list -- I won't need for him to integrate NetShops into my project, since you've chosen to create an exclusive relationship with a company that I consider to be unprofessional, unethical, and dishonest.

I certainly understand why you'd want to migrate from the DirectTrack solution to a more traditional affiliate network. However, like others, I am completely baffled about your new network choice. I'd also be curious to understand whether NetShops considered ShareASale as an option (and if so, what factors led NetShops to choose a different network). And I'll echo the confusion about how you can be "exclusive" with one affiliate network (PJ), while simultaneously announcing participation in another affiliate network (GAN).

I don't think I've ever posted any NetShops links in the past (I see that I was approved as an affiliate in June 2007), but it was in the project queue. Now it's not.
    Last edited by markwelch; September 29th, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Since I'm not affiliated with NetShops I've held comment. But I'm going to offer some observations anyway.

Referencing this video, www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5DM6WSvO04

When asked what it takes to become a super affiliate, PepperJam's own COO, Mike Jones replied, "innovation, and ability and willingness to push the envelope". He continued, "That gray space (between white hat and black hat) IS where the money's made", "reassess what's dark, what's light, and minimize that gray or expand it".

There is plenty of money to be made in ethical affiliate marketing. I'm testament to that fact. To find it necessary to work within the gray area only exposes the inadequacy of the affiliate. PJ, promoting gray hat affiliate marketing methods to the extent of publicly proclaiming their merits, leads me to believe that they maintain a pool of inadequate affiliatia[sic] who can't compete within the bounds of ethical marketing. For a merchant to tap into that inferior pool of inadequacy, it indicates either naivety or a deliberate move away from ethical marketing. I hope it's the former.

X

Netshops never considered their affiliate program to be anything more than a way to develop backlinks, SEO and pagerank. See: Why are They asking me to Exchange Links? This is a calculated move to take advantage of the tactics pepperjam is offering and help keep their head above water. Furniture is a tough business for brick and mortor and for online furniture merchants even more so. I feel sorry for Sarah because I have a feeling that her position as assistant affiliate manager may be the next casualty as they continue to "manage costs" .

The one constant an affiliate can always count on is that everything will change.

Nina, you are completely off-base in your assumptions:
    * Our affiliate links don't help with SEO, nor are they designed to.
    * We are not struggling to keep our heads above water - in fact we're doing quite well as a company I can assure you
    * As Sara's boss, I can further assure you that she will not become a "casualty" and I thank you to keep such assumptions about someone's employment to yourself

To everyone else:
    I know that many of you are frustrated about this move for a variety of reasons, but please review the list of justifications which Sara posted earlier in this thread before casting judgments. Unfortunately there are not a lot of great options out there for hosting affiliate merchants. It's easy to find things to complain about when you're not the one forced to make the hard business decisions, and even easier when you are hidden behind an anonymous user name. It's not quite so easy when you're dealing with the business end of it as we are. In all honesty, there is no affiliate platform that I am 100% happy with; we're stuck with choosing the best of the least-imperfect. I also want to point out that many (certainly not all) of the people complaining about this move have never even driven a single sale to a NetShops store. They're simply jumping on this opportunity to complain about something because that is what they enjoy doing. We have gotten LOTS of positive feedback offline from affiliates who are driving significant revenue for us, further validating our decision. If you choose not to join us on PepperJam or GAN (where we will be launching a select number of stores) than that is certainly your decision. Whatever you do, I wish you all a terrific Q4!

wow moving to the network with no ethics. Please explain why you chose them when there are much better networks like SAS, Avantlink, AffiliateFuture.

Seems like SAS would be you best fit since you have tons of home goods stores just like csnstores.com , who are on SAS and doing well there.

Can't you see that you're wasting your time complaining to them.

They don't care what their affiliates want.

Take their links off of your sites and find another merchant that does care.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Nate E
    I also want to point out that many of the people complaining about this move have never even driven a single sale to a NetShops store. They're simply jumping on this opportunity to complain about something because that is what they enjoy doing. We have gotten LOTS of positive feedback offline from affiliates who are driving significant revenue for us, further validating our decision.
    Wow. Just wow. So, several affiliates bring up valid concerns, suggestions, and LOTS of negative feedback ONLINE regarding this move and this is NetShop's response. And since some of the affiliates "complaining" don't bring in significant revenue, their opinions don't matter. Nice. I see how much we're valued in this partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Take their links off of your sites and find another merchant that does care.
    I'll be busy tonight.

And why are you opening some stores up on GAN if PepperJam is the "least imperfect" of the networks? Why not open them all on GAN instead of PJN?

There is still a lot here that needs to be explained. Not that I'll be listening anymore...
    Last edited by meadowmufn; September 29th, 2008 at 07:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast