Merchants sending referral spam
    Got an email from E-Z Rent-A-Car through the CJ mail system, which offended me. First off never heard of this dude and don't send me your shit that you get referrals for:

Hello Connie Berg, Charles Graham here, marketing director for E-Z Rent-A-Car. I was recently introduced to an affiliate training program by one of the most widely respected names in affiliate marketing. As an affiliate of E-Z Rent-A-Car, I'm sure you're always looking for new ways to ramp up your sales and make more commissions from us. This training program, which I've been introduced to, may be exactly what you are looking for. This is a tried-and-true training program that has already led to spectacular results for affiliates of other companies and now the founder, Dan Ho, a super-affiliate himself and head trainer, is offering this program to all E-Z Rent-A-Car affiliates. Please do not take this opportunity lightly as Dan Ho and his team at Mosaic Internet Success are very careful when it comes to selecting a company to work with and we have been selected as one. Therefore, if you'd like to earn more commissions with us in the massive rental car market, please take a few minutes to review this page and sign up: http:// jadeion.com/ezrac.htm Sincerely, Charles Graham http://www e-zrentacar.com
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; September 30th, 2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinks

Wow.
    Wow. That is brutal.

It's offensive, actually, since the success of other merchants' affiliate programs depend on communication through that channel. If this merchant is going to poison that particular spring, it'll make communication problematic for everyone as affiliates blacklist the CJ email service.

What a jerk.

Cheers,
    Patrick Armstrong
    Online Marketing Manager, ethicalDeal.com
    patrick@ethicaldeal.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey Connie,

I actually have an affiliate sending me SPAM through CJ asking me to purchase products off of his site, kinda funny, mouth hung open first time I saw it.. I have never heard of Mosaic Internet Success will check them out.

Cheers!!

Got the same thing thru cj mail and my main email account
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Open a support ticket and report it to CJ. CJ's system is clearly not meant for merchant spam.

15 years and counting
    Got the exact same spam from Shareasale
    This message was sent by one of
    your Merchant Partners, E-Z Rent-A-Car,
    at www.shareasale.com.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I got this same email from another SAS merchant. What gives? Don Ho must be offering a bonus. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    "Hi, I'm Don Ho and I approve this message"

<< Kidding >>
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Don Ho

Where the hoe train at?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Don Ho

Where the hoe train at?
    Sorry, it's DAN Ho - all those bubbles had my head spinning ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Geez Connie,

I am just trying to drum up a few extra dollars by renting out a few of my extra vehicles!! Besides, I've always liked the word "Mosiac" so stop trying to burst my bubble.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Cripes.

Idiots. So many ways to kill an affiliate program, and so many who do.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I got this same email from another SAS merchant. What gives? Don Ho must be offering a bonus. LOL
    Culture Quiz:

1.) Book'em "Danho?" or if not DanHo, what is the correct spelling?

2.) What weekly show featured the above referenced character as the sidekick to the well known leading man in the series?

First person to answer the two questions above correctly wins the grand prize. Contest ends at 6 p.m. eastern time Sept 30, 08.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Got this as part of a reply from him, he claims also he is not getting any kickback:
    I sincerely apologize if this offended you. Please know that I did also run this by CJ officials first and they reviewed the text before it was sent out

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Culture Quiz:

1.) Book'em "Danho?" or if not DanHo, what is the correct spelling?

2.) What weekly show featured the above referenced character as the sidekick to the well known leading man in the series?

First person to answer the two questions above correctly wins the grand prize. Contest ends at 6 p.m. eastern time Sept 30, 08.
    Waaay tooo easy Alan.

1.) It's book 'em Danno, his name was Officer Danny Williams.

2.) He worked for Steve McGarrett on Hawaii Five-O

So what do I win, a free training class from Dan Ho?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    I filter all my emails, merchants who send emails like that get to go to the "crap mail" filter so I never read any of their emails ever again.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Merchant Response
    Hello,

As Connie mentioned, I responded back to her initial comments on the email that was sent out.

1. E-Z Rent-A-Car is not receiving any kickback of any kind from this membership.

2. The sole purpose was to gain and grow business through our affiliate channels, where we have had success.

3. The program was to be custom designed to show affiliates how to market the car rental product.

4. I ran the exact email I was sending out by both reps at CJ and SAS before it ever went out. Both approved and thought it was a good idea.

5. I sincerely apologized to Connie for offending her and mean that. I am only trying to grow the affiliate side of the business.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Got this as part of a reply from him, he claims also he is not getting any kickback:
    I sincerely apologize if this offended you. Please know that I did also run this by CJ officials first and they reviewed the text before it was sent out
    CJ is ENDORSING this?

Next thing you will see from me via SAS..

Get Rich Quick Super Ewe Internet Marketing Program..only at $19.99

I got one from a guy at seop.com, still trying to figure out where he got my email from. I get many from Affiliate Crew, even for programs that I am already signed up on. They seem to disregard the network settings and the unsubscribe button which does nothing to endear them when reviewing programs to join.

Online Marketing Consultant
    EZ, Nice to see you here. There are a ton of strong travel affiliates in this community which can do very well for you. However, you may want to rethink who and what is recommended to and by you (This is not directed at anyone, just a general comment). You currently have affiliates breaking many of your TOS including trademark bidding. They are dropping onto their sites and with a quick redirect they are then going through an affiliate link. You may be surprised with what you find. I just took some screen shots for you with affiliate ids to help you catch some of this. email me through the interface here if you would like them.

I would also highly recommend reading through the parasite ware, merchants and newbie FAQs forums for techniques on how to catch and prevent various practices that are violating your TOS. Another thing to look at are some of the OPM forums on here,,,there are many good ones that can help you out with finding some of this stuff.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I got one from a guy at seop.com, still trying to figure out where he got my email from. I get many from Affiliate Crew, even for programs that I am already signed up on. They seem to disregard the network settings and the unsubscribe button which does nothing to endear them when reviewing programs to join.
    2busy: We add the opt-outs to our suppression list whenever we email our newsletters. I will take your suggestion to include a link to other programs in our monthly newsletters. We want to communicate with affiliates on the affiliates terms.

If any other affiliates have received emails when their accounts indicate they do not want to be communicated to, please let me know.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; October 2nd, 2008 at 12:54 PM.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread