The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    TheJungleStore.com simply disappeared
    Is it just me, or without warning a merchant simply disappeared from cj. Yesturday they were there and today they are not. This is what happened with bearsinchairs.com. Has anyone else noticed other merchants simply disappearing without warning or explanation?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

ABW Ambassador
    I just went and looked at a sale I had for them this month and they are showing as Deactivated - Not Good.

This happens far to often at CJ, absolutely no notice and merchants just disappear.

Awwhhh, come on now not them, too.
    Nope, hadn't noticed them. never got anything from CJ tellin me anything, either.

Guess, I've got even more links now to remove and now even less bears.
    I had liked their jewelry selection, too. sniff, sniff.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes this has happened to me many times, I have logged into CJ to get some links for a certain merchant and you can't find any trace of them on CJ. To make it worse you go to the merchants web site and they have a link for an affiliate program to CJ. This is part of CJ failed Advertiser Expired System. They just don't seem to understand how to do simple things like have a page for merchants (old & current) that gives you all the information about a merchant like when they left the network & why, etc etc. No they just take them out of the system and let us all wonder whatever happened to them. This is the biggest problem I have with CJ (there failed advertiser status system) it really is the worst in the industry.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Just received a deactivation email from CJ. I'd quote it but apparently they don't like that at CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    After recieving an e-mail yesterday that this merchant has been Deactivated and to remove their links.

Today, I get one that the merchant has been Reactivated.

Well, so much for half their links I took down yesterday.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I took them all down and I'm not putting them back. I have a bad feeling about some of the "marginal" merchants this holiday season. The state of the economy is going to weed out a lot of merchants. I'm not saying that Jungle Store will be one of them but the deactivation on CJ is a bad sign, IMHO.

We're going to need to be vigilant about problems that crop up this season and be very proactive to ensure that we don't get left with a lot of uncollectable receivables should merchants default on their affiliate programs.

I was too lazy to remove the links so nothing changed on my site. Like Rhea, I don't like it. Another bad sign is I sent an email to their contact and it bounced back.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I took them all down and I'm not putting them back. I have a bad feeling about some of the "marginal" merchants this holiday season. The state of the economy is going to weed out a lot of merchants. I'm not saying that Jungle Store will be one of them but the deactivation on CJ is a bad sign, IMHO.

We're going to need to be vigilant about problems that crop up this season and be very proactive to ensure that we don't get left with a lot of uncollectable receivables should merchants default on their affiliate programs.
    Thea, very good point!

I've been seeing a lot of deactivation-reactivation-desactivation..lately.

I can confirm that a merchant can decide to make himself invisible (i.e. can't find him anywhere in CJ). I'm not sure, if this is a global setting and/or a specific affiliate settings (i.e. make themselves invisible to you only).

ABW Ambassador
    The Jungle Store is showing as Deactivated again. I had left some of their links up and noticed they are showing up in the Invalid link report today. Well, time to remove the rest of their links.

And now its back again.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread