ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Affiliate Partners,

Apparently there has been some confusion regarding our policy for rebate and coupon sites that we just issued.

Our policy is that in the future we will not work in our affiliate program with coupon sites or rebate sites that discount products directly to the consumer, or give the appearance that they will do so.

Therefore, we have sent notices and are in the process of terminating coupon sites and rebate sites that participate in our program, including Ebates.

Our goal is not to declare that one company is bad or good, but simply to optimize our program for the best interests of our company and partners.

In our opinion, coupon and rebate sites do not grow our sales as much as they take our current customers and give them discounts. The purpose of our affiliate program is to grow our sales and new customers, not to discount to existing customers.

If there are any further questions regarding this policy, please contact me directly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

Yep I got that too and I got this after contacting them.

Jason,

That's ok, I just told the guy at Ebates that I would see if anyone wanted to talk to him. This whole debate is not a fight we want to get involved in, as it would distract us from our business. We will not be working with Ebates or other rebate sites in addition to coupon sites in the future.

Thanks,
    Nate

so it looks like they will be removing Ebates? or am I missing something?

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

LMAO!! That sounds like a re-shuffle of approach to what the original notification stated. But, this does sound far better and much fairer than what was originally posted here.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

My understanding is that they will not allow ebates or anyone else to offer rebates for outdoordecor.com.

I like this policy

Yeah, the bottom line. They are going to have coupons. And, they are going to give them exclusively to applications that pop up and steal your commissions at the point of sale.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Happily involved with iGive they are..... had to let them in didn't they. Still scum, sorry.

geez you guyz are so demanding! They start to be educated, drop coupons and rebates and yet you still complain they keep rebates-for-charity sites... Not only are they healthier now from a parasites point of view but if they drop everything except charity sites it might be from an ethical point of view... My guess is that during 2004 those sites will be dropped as well... Bottom line is, if they make efforts be happy and help them!

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting first post..

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread