ABW Ambassador
    Ebay And Squidoo
    Saw this blog from yesterday about Squidoo - http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.co...rtner-network/

I asked somebody else about this before when I saw they were using ebay thru Squidoo and didn't understand why they didn't use their own Ebay affiliate links and keep 100% of the earnings. I was thinking of making some lenses for some things I'm having good luck with at ebay but using my own links.

As I understand it Google loves Squidoo. So increased traffic may be one reason. Squidoo offers a quick easy method for creating the page/link too, for those without websites or just lazy.

X

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I know, I have some nice ranking lenses making money. Might have not phrased my question correctly. I was wondering why wouldn't you use your own ebay affiliate links in the lenses and keep 100% of the money instead of using ebay thru squidoo and only getting a portion. In Squidoo they have different modules, some for Amazon and Ebay and using them thru Squidoo, you can quickly populate the lens. But you can use your own Amazon and Ebay links instead and keep all of the money, instead of only a portion.

Ah. That I don't know as I haven't used Squidoo. Anything in TOS about this?

X

ABW Ambassador
    Nope. They have no problem with people using affiliate links at all, they actually encourage it in a few places. I think the way it's setup, it's just easier/quicker to implement ebay and amazon listings thru their setup but I'm thinking about the money. Now I do have it setup so any money made thru the Adsense that drapes the lenses go to charity but with something like ebay, think you should take a few minutes and use your own links.

Hmm. I kind of like this idea of building a website and then saying, hey folks come here and post your content and PS earn a little change while your at it. In turn they then market their own content while Mr. Squidoo silently sits back and earns nice $. Kind of like that tinyurl guy, etc. I think this is where an affiliate can go from beginner to intermediate. Or as the saying goes, work smart, not hard. I've seen squidoo pop up on yahoo but not sure if Google favors it.

I've seen squidoo pop up on yahoo but not sure if Google favors it.
    I was hear to ask that very question.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I don't know if I would say Google favors it so much as the format works well with Google and therefore it appears to favor it. In any case I believe Squidoo is another tool to use in generating revenue and one that is pretty accesible even to newcomers.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

here is the answer:

being a beginner, i didn't even know you could setup your own affiliate link to ebay and amazon... hahahahaha

that's why i have been using their module =0

Quote Originally Posted by wambtm
    here is the answer:

being a beginner, i didn't even know you could setup your own affiliate link to ebay and amazon... hahahahaha

that's why i have been using their module =0

Time to cut out the middle man! There is NO middle man in affiliate marketing - we ARE the middle man

the modules in squidoo for ebay and amazon, they are setup as beautiful pictures of each item being sold... so much more appealing...

if i want to put solely my own "affiliate links" in that format, is it possible?

do i have to learn html code or are there like made widgets available somewhere?

thanks!

You can use rss feeds without sharing with squidoo. You can also post a jpg that is linked(with your affiliate id) to the particular search or product.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread