Linkshare and Adwords
    Hi All--

I've been affiliate marketing for several years now and took a break for the past couple of years with Linkshare. I'm starting back and it seems like some things have changed.

I've been creating PPC campaigns for Linkshare, both linking to my affiliate site and also testing with directly link to the merchant website to see if things are working properly.

On both occasions (with different test merchants) I'm getting many click throughs in Adwords but no sales or even click throughs in the statistics in Linkshare.

Have they changed their system? Why aren't clicks even showing up in the reporting? This has been going on for over a week now.

Innovator,

It seems there are no simple answers these days when dealing with Linkshare and how they track anything. I wish I had a better answer for you, but unfortunately, it seems you've asked an unanswerable question here. Along the lines of:

"How big is the sky?"
    "How many miles in a minute?"
    "Why don't my clicks turn into sales on Linkshare?"
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

Hi Working Mom--

Thanks for your reply on your thoughts with Linkshare. Just to clarify, I was not asking why my clicks are not turning into sales but I was asking why my clicks aren't even showing up in the statistics? I've produced several clicks via Adwords.

Any ideas? Or is this just a general problem through Linkshare now?

Which report are you looking at that shows you the amount of clicks? I've been having issues with LS myself over the last few days.

On the old interface, under the "general reports" drop down my cumulative data report is saying "No Data Available" for the month of October.

In my Synergy Analytics, almost nothing is tracking...I wish I could be of more help. But if you look through this forum, it seems a lot of affiliates have similar issues with the data on the LS. Not much we can do until Monday, other than fill out help desk tickets...

WM
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

Hi Working Mom--

Thank you for the feedback.

I will test what you recommended.
    Last edited by innovator; October 27th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread