ABW Ambassador
    Today I read in my online news that Microsoft and Google were discussing a takeover. It is said that Google would prefer to join stock markets and expects to get $25 bill. from that.

carneol

Yes. I was notified by Forbes about that as it relates to them leaning toward a bank-sponsored offering of stocks instead of going staight to the public with it. Also, are you following the soon-to-be Google pay-per-click search engine (teaming with a very popular PPC). I think this will effect the way we get positioned (not ranked) in the search querries. And speaking of the "query", what is cache - and why do I not want it?

backspace thanks you.

ABW Ambassador
    Soon to be Google pay per click search engine?
    Do you have a link to an online news article about that?

I don't have a link, but If true, I do have my prediction on file for the record.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...5006012444&p=1

Ya kinda gotta read thru the thread.

Regards,

Victor Hanna
    The BettyMills Company
    Home of the 30,000 product DataFeed
    http://www.BettyMills.com
    http://affiliates.bettymills.com/
    BettyMills ABW Forum
    800-BettyMills (800-238-8964)

I was hoping Google™ would never stoop to a pay-per-click model. The internet levels the playing field, in that the "little guy" can compete against the Fortune 500's. If Google™ goes the way of PPC, it is a logical assumption that most, if not all, of the rest of the search engines will follow suit. Because of this, the "little guy" would be at a disadvantage than the "big wigs", as they may not be able to afford such competitive advertising. I see most search engines as the FREE Yellow Pages, except that you get a free listing...

I do not completely undertand the marketing functions of this industry, and I may (hopefully) be wrong about what I have commented on above, but then again, one may never know...

.lucas

--------------------
    "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." -Robert Orben

I don't believe it.

ms plan to tover google?ewww certainly not a good news since they are very money oriented...

ABW Ambassador
    I found it here in online news as well as on TV.

carneol

Micros0ft would really screw it up.

http://news.google.com/news?q=google...-8&sa=N&tab=wn

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    The New York Times just reported other than talks with Micro

Meanwhile, Google is meeting with bankers in preparation for its highly anticipated initial public offering. The Times reported that Microsoft's overture appears to have gained little traction as Google indicates it still prefers going the IPO route.

Henry
    Affiliate Manager
    <font face=verdana size=1 >Migizzi Inc d/b/a</font> Pets-Warehouse.com

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>10%/90 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    </font>
    Henry@Pets-Warehouse.com<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>
    >< )))º> 631.789.5400 / Pets-Warehouse.com
    </font>

I've heard Google isn't interested in a partnership with Microsoft, they'd rather do the IPO on their own. I also don't believe Google is inclined to fool with their results too much, as they know a pay format will make the results less relevant, and the really good sites that don't pay for listings won't be getting the exposure they deserve, leaving a bunch of garbage.

This is the one thing that currently sets Google apart from all other SEs, and I don't believe they are going to forget that. If they do, they will no longer be number one. There are too many others that have the potential to be great SEs if given the chance.

Andy

I too think Google will come out with a pure PPC as I'd stated earlier, but I hardly doubt this would have been mentioned in a reputable news source, and still remain largely unknown.

If that were going to happen, I'd think most of us would have seen some headlines somewhere. Other than that, I would gather it's rumor or speculation.

Victor Hanna
    The BettyMills Company
    Home of the 30,000 product DataFeed
    http://www.BettyMills.com
    http://affiliates.bettymills.com/
    BettyMills ABW Forum
    800-BettyMills (800-238-8964)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What sets Google apart (distance growing rapidly) is their complete dedication to this phrase....

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO A CLICK....from a consumers standpoint?

They refuse to dilute their value by joining ranks with the Ad Whores and soon will dip some affiliates into a flea bath before any IPO.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    They won't sell to MS, will do the IPO thing. They are #1 because of their relevant results and if whoever buys Google tries to switch it up too much, users will go elsewhere followed by advertisers and Google stock will be squat.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    if whoever buys Google tries to switch it up too much, users will go elsewhere followed by advertisers and Google stock will be squat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Exactly, remember Alta Vista, or even About.com, I'm sure internet newbies are saying "Who and Who???"

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread